Video: Someone Has Hacked Nic Cage's Face Into Zelda, Just Because They Can

Posted by Damien McFerran

"We had no goal, only Cage"

Oh boy. Some things in life simply defy explanation, so we won't even bother, but merely offer this befuddling video and allow you to draw your own conclusions.

YouTube user Criken has created a texture mod for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask which liberally coats various surfaces in the game with the face of Hollywood star Nicolas Cage.

Here's Criken to explain it — something he himself admits isn't easy to do:

After months of uncomfortable work, the Nicolas Cage texture pack for Majora's Mask is finally finished. Why make this you may ask? I wish I had an answer for you. The truth is co-modder Shayne and I lost the luxury of free will as soon as we began working on this project. We had no goal, only Cage.

We hope you, the viewer, can glean some degree of enjoyment from this piece of work and would like to make it perfectly clear we meant no disrespect to the Majora's Mask game or to the glorious Mr. Cage with this perverse compilation.

You can view the rather troubling — yet strangely watchable — results below. Afterwards, we would advise not thinking about it too much, lest you slowly go insane.

[via gonintendo.com, youtube.com]

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I've pulled pranks with Nicolas Cage's face. One time, my brother and I planted Nic Cage faces all over a cabin we were staying at with friends. There was one on the fridge and another underneath the toilet lid, to name a few. The reaction was beautiful. :D

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I actually really want to play this.If only there was a Deadpool mod, nudge nudge.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Now I'm suddenly reminded that Nintendo hasn't made a 3D remake of Majora's Mask. :(

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Ok I am sorry to bring this up but can we please stop with the hack articles its getting a little old now. Now its to the point that where they arent news anymore. Its like oh look another one.

Not to mention it does look like you guys are promoting hacking and modding here.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Epona looked a little...sick. :p

What has been seen can not be....well you know the rest.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Wait, what?

What?

What.

What?

(drinks coffee, spits it, drinks some more and spits again)

What?

Cirno

Cirno said:

Wow. They really went all out to make this completely nick cage-tastic.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I was expecting their reason to be this:
"As we were growing up, we grown to love Nicolas Cage and wished he was in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. After many years of waiting, we finally decided to take action, and now our childhood dreams have come true."

edhe

edhe said:

5 years later a doting father has a daughter who loves playing 'The Legend of Cage'. Yet, she yearns to take the role of a female actress. Her father, wanting to make her happy, knows what to do. And thus the 'The Legend of Streep' Majora's Mask modification is born.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

All the hack articles you've put up recently. this is the best one you've put up by far. Cage is a great actor and this is so funny.

KAHN

KAHN said:

those posters were the best.
'will you look at this poster? cowards!'

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Wow. That was weird, & a little bit funny. 5:08-5:13 looks like something I imagine you'd see in a horror movie.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

As much as I like Nicolas Cage, this seems like a silly idea. I guess that was the point though.

Omega

Omega said:

I always wanted a hacked version of Wind Waker with Arnold Schwarzenegger's face for Zelda.
Untitled

Araknie

Araknie said:

OH THE FAIRY OOOOHHHHH HOLY SHHHHHATNER THE FAIRY, i'm scared of crazy crap...oh, it hurts ahhhh man.