Turtle Tale Is Running And Jumping To The 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Hero in a half shell

Saturnine Games has revealed its next 3DS eShop title, a platformer by the name Turtle Tale.

The game is a 2D platformer which calls to mind classic 8-bit and 16-bit games of yesteryear, and takes advantage of the console's 3D screen.

Saturnine Games' Edward Di Geronimo Jr. shared this bit of information with us:

You play as a turtle armed with a water gun on a mission to defend his tropical island. It's a classic style 2D platformer - no gimmicks this time. Think of it as a tribute to the games we grew up with on the NES and SNES. And of course, being a 3DS game, we take advantage of the 3D.

Are you interested in picking this up? Let us know by posting a comment.

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

Doesn't really look like something that would take advantages of the 3D effects, but you never know!

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

The screenshots don't tickle me, but I won't judge till I've seen some gameplay

Garo

Garo said:

The screens make me think of a mediocre flash game. I'll keep an eye on this, but not too impressed thus far.

LindsayPez

LindsayPez said:

Ohh, I'm interested. I don't like the screen shots either but I like the idea of it.

Windy

Windy said:

I love these 3Dized Classic type games. I will get this. I just wish Konami would 3Dize Bonk and Bonks Revenge with the original graphics from the TurboGrafx/PCengine Im sure this game will be fun and this classic 3Dization that these Devs are doing, is just awesome! It really makes the game feel like its a true fantasy world where this realistic 3D is just to close to the real world. Looks very colorful

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Saturnine games... Aren't they the ones who made Antipole on DSiWare? That was a pretty good game. Hope this turns out just as good.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Was that a TMNT reference?

Hm...I don't particularly like the platforms in the game; the colouring seems off compared to the background and the characters

Neram

Neram said:

2D platformers always pique my interest, but I'll wait to read a review here on Nintendo Life first, before considering buying it. This one looks cool, though.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

It actually looks kind of cool. I might consider this game if I see some videos.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

The only thing that doesn't please me aesthetically are those platformy bits that look too squared-off at the edges. Other than that, it looks cute and I will be on the lookout for a review.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

This can't be more than 10 dollars and even that might be asking for a bit too much. Hopefully they'll show more but right now it looks pretty bland.

Musterd

Musterd said:

My inner zoologist is outraged at the fact that the turtle has teeth, but that's just me... at least it's not a bird with teeth. That's when I unleash my full rage. And don't even THINK about calling an ape a monkey. THEY ARE GROUPED DIFFERENTLY FOR A REASON, PEOPLE.
Wow, I got off topic fast. Sorry if I offended anyone in any way. But yeah, I'll get this if it turns out to be good and is reasonably priced.