Toki Tori 2 Approved by Nintendo, 4th April Release is Confirmed

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

This chick's ready to fly, with some help

Last week we brought you the happy news that Two Tribes was setting a release date of 4th April for its long awaited Wii U eShop title, Toki Tori 2. As we also made clear, however, there was an element of risk as the game hadn't formally passed the Nintendo approval process, meaning that the developer was rather confidently jumping the gun a little.

It seems to have been well-placed confidence, however, as the studio has now confirmed via Twitter that all is clear and confirmed for that release date.

Happy news indeed, and after fielding the inevitable question of price Two Tribes has said that it'll be announced soon. So, how many of you are reserving some hard drive space for this title in next week's Nintendo Download update?

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

I have the first on my 3DS Virtual Console. Such a hard game. I am thinking this might be easier just because you don't have to manage an inventory.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

This is what they call a "Day One Download." Still, utterly flabbergasted this seems to have beaten Scribblenauts Unlimited to the UK though...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm quite excited for this game, don't know if I'm going to buy it on day one. Gotta clear the backlog a bit more first.

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

Looks great. Missed out on earlier Toki Tori games. May give it a try after I conquer Runner 2 and a few others in the backlog.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

Excited! The price is imporant to me though, as I need to get Fire Emblem as well.

phoenixology

phoenixology said:

Looks really good. Been following Two Tribes along the way over the course of it's development.

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Yay. I picked up an eshop card for the game right before the delay was announced. I'm ready for it.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I saw this at PAX, too. The game looks gorgeous, and the move to using elements of the environment to solve puzzles rather than limited-use tools gave it a bit of a Wario Land vibe. Sold! :)

mch

mch said:

Might get it. Seems like a good contrast (and sometimes welcome relieve) from/to ZombiU ;D

timp29

timp29 said:

Instant download if for no other reason than to say thank-you to TwoTribes for the original Toki Tori.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

The original is a great GBC classic, and gets really tough towards the end. I'm really looking forward to playing this! It'll be nice to give my Wii U some action while also supporting the nice guys and girls at Two Tribes :D

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Unsure if I care about this game for me, but I'm always glad to hear about new software. Hope everyone who's excited for it enjoys this game a lot.

erv

erv said:

If the first one one wiiware was any indication, this will absolutely rock.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

For some reason I skipped the first one on Wii but, after no games bought in March I'm keen to see some reviews of this one.

RandomNerds

RandomNerds said:

I feel like I have no choice but to buy this game because there have been almost zero quality releases recently.