Tails Adventure And Crystal Warriors Get Rated For Western Release

Posted by Damien McFerran

More Game Gear goodness on the way

Game Gear titles Tails Adventure and Crystal Warriors have both received ratings from the Australian OFLC.

The former is a spin-off from the Sonic the Hedgehog series which stars cute sidekick Tails, while the latter is a turn-based RPG in the same mould as Shining Force.

The Japanese 3DS Virtual Console received Crystal Warriors recently, which could be an indication that the game is coming to the western version of the service, too. It's highly likely that Tails Adventure will follow suit as well.

Should these make their way to Nintendo's handheld, will you be downloading them? Leave a comment to tell us.

[via classification.gov.au, nintendoeverything.com, nintendoeverything.com, classification.gov.au]

MAB

MAB said:

Cool I have been waiting for more GG awesomeness... I just can't get into any of the GameBoy ones because of the crudsville graphics & sound.

Jese_1

Jese_1 said:

Will definitely get Tails Adventure when it's released. We need some new Game Gear games on the VC.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Looks fun, and I do enjoy Shining Force and Fire Emblem. Tails Adventure is cool too.

Wonder when we'll finally get Sonic Blast and Labyrinth... :/

WildMan

WildMan said:

Nice to see some more Game Gear games. Hopefully they get released over here in the US..

Gnoll

Gnoll said:

I'm actually coming out from my years-long lurking just to say this:

Bring on the Game Gear games!!! My body is ready!!!!

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

Hehe, they should release Woody Pop on the VC, just so people can laugh at the name.

But I'll probably get Crystal Warriors.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Crystal Adventures was the first and only GameGear game that ive played on my friends GG WAY back in the day. I think that i get it just for nostalgia ;)

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

I actually brought Crystal Warriors at the Replay Event in Manchester last year. It's a fun Turn base strategy game, a bit like Fire Emblem. Don't know if I would buy it again know.

I wasn't a big fan of Tails Adventure, but I will still buy it. Plays a bit like Castlevania and Metorid combined. At least you don't have to write down the passwords now. :)

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I was told Tails Adventure is a really great Game Gear game.
But I'm wondering, where's Sonic Blast, and Sonic Labyrinth? They were supposed to be released way back in June/July, they never came out, but oddly enough, there is an icon, description and video on the eShop for both, even today they're still there.

XD375

XD375 said:

Sonic Blast and Sonic Labyrinth are both notorious as games that are possibly even worse than Sonic '06 (and having played all three games, I can say it might just be true), so it's more of a blessing that they're not on the shop.

Gnoll

Gnoll said:

@XD375
Sonic Blast is decent, it's good to control Knuckles even if it's not in the same league as Triple Trouble.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Whatever happened to the other Game Gear titles announced Sonic Blast, Labyrinth and Columns? I really wanted Columns

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

@XD375 Those two GG games aren't quite as bad as 06. They are not perfect, but they certainly aren't terrible.

The REAL terrible 2D sonics are Spinball Game gear and Sonic jam Game.com

I'm at least happy that we may get new GG games. Fun fact: If we don't get a new GG game this week or next, it'll be a entire year with no new GG VC in NA

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Not going to get too excited about this, although i would get either of these games on 3DS VC.
Didn't shining force (GG) and Master of Darkness also get OFLC rated, and then we are still waiting for those? Last GG game we got in Europe was Sonic Labyrinth, which was so long ago i was beginning to think Sega have abandonned 3DS VC support outside of Japan.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

I'm downloading Tails Adventures for sure. It better not end up like the long-delayed Sonic Blast and Sonic Labyrinth.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

It's really good to see that the GAME GEAR is getting a revival with 2 new 3DS VC games like Tails Adventure and Crystal Warriors. I'm willing to give Crystal Warriors a try as it really has a high interest to me as a game I would greatly enjoy. As for Tails Adventure , I used to own this game back in the days it was released. Very cool and fun game for it's time as one of Tails' first games, but I never had any idea AT ALL that it got so much respect.

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

Tails Adventure was a super-well designed portable game. The pace was a bit slow, but that fit the small screen really well.

I hate seeing Sonic Labyrinth get hated on so much. Mario doesn't jump 50 feet in the air every game, so why does Sonic need to move at 1000 mph every game? I thought it was a really neat isometric puzzler, and it was a great way to bring the spin dash into (almost) 3D.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I use to have Tails Adventure on GG back in the day. I may pick it up again if it comes to 3DS.

Windy

Windy said:

Ive been waiting for Shining force GG for 2 years. I guess Crystal Warriors is a better selection **sigh**

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

I like Tails' Adventure, I think it's a very engaging game (played on Sonic Gems Collection), though I have yet to finish it. The music is catchy, from what I remember; I may have to try and replay it again one of these days.

Gilius

Gilius said:

I'd definitely download Tails Adventure... If I actually went out to purchase a 3DS card.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Let's see... Tails Adventure. I didn't care for that too much. What I'm really concerned about is whether this is actually coming to the US at all for anyone to download. If it does, I would bet it wouldn't be until maybe Fall at the earliest. We're still supposed to be getting Sonic Blast and Labyrinth. And I'd really like to see Sonic 2....

Tomatoboxer

Tomatoboxer said:

When are we getting Columns? I've waited so long.
Good to see they're continuing Virtual Console support, though. I've heard some decent things about Tail's Adventures.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Windy: I wish they would give us the Game Gear version of Mega Man by U.S. Gold. Even the the sound effects were sub-par, I'd still buy it day 1 for sure!

Teaqq2

Teaqq2 said:

Finally, another Game Gear game. I hope it doesn't take long to release like Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic Blast.

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 Im still of the oppinion they should be bringing out 5 VC games a week. Holy cow all it would do is make them more money. Gosh maybe it's really hard to convert these games to VC but I doubt it

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Windy: I totally agree, and I don't see why this issue still hasn't been addressed yet. I'm just happy we're getting all 6 NES Mega Man games!