Special Edition Pikachu 3DS XL Shows Up In North American Commercial

Posted by Damien McFerran

Nintendo, you tease

Remember that awesome Pikachu 3DS XL that hit Japan all those months ago? It's long been rumoured that it could be heading stateside, and it would appear that we now have confirmation of that momentous event — from Nintendo itself, no less.

The distinctive yellow system stars in the new TV commercial for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which launches in North America this month.

Nintendo of America hasn't said anything official about the console coming to the US and the commercial itself doesn't mention a forthcoming release, but there has to be a reason for it being on display. Will you be picking one up? Post a comment to let us know.

[via gonintendo.com]

SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn said:

YES! church bells ringing hallelujah!!! Praise Arceus. Been waiting for this for FOREVER!

KingDunsparce

KingDunsparce said:

I'm fine even though I just bought an XL, someone noticed something about how the console looks and I can't unsee it.

XXIV

XXIV said:

Then everyone remembers how the Cobalt Blue 3DS was in the Denpa Men commercial and we never got it.
Then again, I'm still gonna start saving for this.

Void

Void said:

You'd think they would die of malnourishment first, or drop unconscious because they were sleep deprived.

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

I'm wishing hoping that just the white XL and the CPP XL come to NA. All I want:(

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

I just saw this commercial on tv 😄 I assumed that it would be coming to NA, and it turns out I was right.

SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn said:

@Pixelroy I doubt we'll see the standalone white based on Reggie's comments. We might get the Animal Crossing bundle though, that's pretty close. I'm absolutely praying the Pikachu actually gets released. I almost caved and bought the Pink recently because the inside is white. So glad I waited! And the nipple thing really doesn't bother me lol I can't believe that would make or break a purchase for someone :P

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Being from Europe this news is not for me, but I MUST comment about that commercial!!!
It was too much over the top XD;

But, after the dissapointment of how short Castlevania was, Mistery dungeon show a sort of appeal if it can last for THAT long! OoO

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

@SteveSnowmn Yeah I'm excited for the release too and I knew the Pikachu would definitely come out if I waited long enough. Wish I could have Charizard but I can't risk losing this deal to wait for one that might not come through. I almost caved in and bought pink too as its Lite Pink which is one of my favorite colors and I've been recently contemplating on getting a sex change. And yes that last bit was actually true ;P

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

That commercial was awesome, just like the Luigi's Mansion one that showed up a little while ago. They really know how to make those commercials for the system. Hopefully this means some great Wii U ones once the major games from the Big N start coming out.

@SMEXIZELDAMAN I wish I could get a quarter for each person who says that.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

@Blue_Yoshi Wow I respect you greatly for taking charge of your own body! Be who you want to be. :)
Boy to girl?
On topic: Glad I bought at least one Pikachu XL last December but I'm afraid I might damage it. So I'm freakishly careful with it.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out with a PMD bundle, sigh this why I need to be more patient when it comes to buying new handhelds...

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Lol! That commercial was awesome! I'm looking forward to this now. I want the XL but I don't really want one at the same time... I kinda want to get one as a gift but that thing's gonna be expensive. ;_____;

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

So, if we get the Pikachu 3DS XL, then we'll have Baby Boy Blue, Rosy Ribbon Red, Pretty Prissy Pink, and...Yippee Youthful Yellow. Somebody let me know when we get the Silver / Black or the all Black one. Almost seven months of availability in America and we're still waiting for a standard option.

DaemonSword

DaemonSword said:

I just traded my og 3DS for an XL. I'm better off just putting on a skin or sticker of Pikachu on it, than getting yet another XL. lol

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

aww now see this is how commercials should be remind me of how they were back in the late 90s :P

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

@AyeHaley Yeah I plan on being an MtF but unfortunately my friends and family are greatly opposed to the idea and to some extent I am as well because it is a tough, irreversible decision.
Anyway on topic as well; I noticed Pikachu's nipples as well. Personally I think it would have been much better if they flipped the design and had the cameras be hidden in the tips of his ears.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

now i want to wait. i was going to get the pink one because my daughter loves the moshi monsters game so I was going to buy the pink one so that i could give my blue XL to my son and then give the purple 3Ds that my son is using right now, to my daughter.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

@Blue_Yoshi Congrats on coming out, I came out (MtF as well) to my parents a few months ago and I wish you the best of luck. I am not in as bad situation as you seem to be in, but they still don't fully understand so not much has happened yet.
Anyway back on topic now that everyone seems to be mentioning the nipples...well what is seen can't be unseen! So I think I will stick to my red XL for now thank you very much (although if it were the Charizard would be a different story...)