PAX Australia is Sold Out

Posted by Andy Green

No more tickets available for the July event

PAX Australia will be taking place this Winter between 19th and 23rd July in Melbourne and if you haven't picked up a ticket yet you might be a bit disappointed to hear all passes have been sold.

This comes from the event's official Facebook page, which stated the expo is now a sell out and no more tickets will be made available.

We have no plans to release any further tickets for sale. The venue and buildings we have are sized to fit this number, we don't want you all squished or having to line up all day.

The expo, which is being held at the Melbourne Showgrounds, will feature a keynote speech from Ron Gilbert, the creator of The Cave and the Monkey Island series. Those who scored tickets should receive them in June

PAX East certainly brought with it a few exciting announcements, most notably DuckTales: Remastered and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. Hopefully PAX Australia will have some big announcements of its own.

Are any of our Australian readers heading to the event in July? Let us know what you're looking forward to most.

[via facebook.com, polygon.com]

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

I played the demo of the Cave, I'll buy it when I get money. It certainly has the same sort of humour as the Monkey island series.
I live in Adelaide (half a day drive to Melbourne, closest other capital city to each other), and hadn't actually heard of PAX Australia.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

"PAX Australia will be taking place this Winter between 19th and 23rd July in Melbourne"

What?

Anyway, I'm not going to this particular PAX, since I don't live anywhere near Australia, but I definitely want to look into going to PAX Prime!

XXIV

XXIV said:

@nastobi123 Not really. Australia is in the Southern hemisphere and, from what little grade 3 geography I can remember, the north pole is tilted toward the sun, meaning we get all the hot and they get all the cold.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

facepalming at the lack of geographical knowledge displayed. sigh

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Look guys, just because Australia is far away, doesn't mean they have winter when we have summer!

doctor_doak

doctor_doak said:

This article is inaccurate. It most certainly isn't 'winter' in July in OZ. I actually live in Melbourne, and I would have you all know that Australia is in the EASTERN hemisphere.

For you English folk, that essentially means we get Winter AND Summer at the same time in July..

We get vicious blizzards on scorching hot 40 degree days. Seriously!!

Deathgaze

Deathgaze said:

@Luigifan141 Honestly?

Australia's seasons are the opposite of that in the northern hemisphere. Then it's winter for you, it's summer for us and vice versa. When it's autumn for you it's Spring for us and vice versa.

Then again there are plenty more moronic comments above thinking everywhere has summer in July.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Hey guys, i think the people who've forgotten their third-grade-geography trivia will get what's going on with the seasons after reading through the comment thread as is, so let's talk about the article at hand, please. Thanks in advance! :3

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I've already been experiencing winter this week in Australia as I now appear to be entering the 7 month winter period. :P From my perspective, everyone else has their seasons wrong as I couldn't possibly imagine summer in July! ;) I haven't actually heard of PAX Australia, but like most events, it's based in Melbourne (or Sydney) and I won't be travelling to the other side of the country to go.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Like MarioPartyFan999 says it's the other side of the country for some of us.
For those who may be geographically-challenged, for some of us this is a bit like announcing a US show that's being held in New York when you live on the West coast :)

Still, it's great to be informed of Aussie events - keep up the good work, NL!