Nintendo Launches Year Of Luigi Miiverse Communities

Posted by Orla Madden

Step forward, Luigi

To continue promoting the Year of Luigi this year, Nintendo has launched not only one, but three communities to support the brother-in-green on Miiverse.

Wii U users can discuss Luigi or post doodles in his honour through the official Year of Luigi community, a dedicated discussion thread for upcoming 3DS title Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, and the Year of Luigi Developer's Room.

Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka, and Yoshihito Ikebata have left messages on the Miiverse communities, each encouraging users to post about Luigi:

Shigeru Miyamoto - It’s been a whole 30 years since Luigi’s debut in Mario Bros.! Thanks to Luigi’s fans within Nintendo and all over the world, we have created many games starring Luigi. I hereby declare 2013 to be the Year of Luigi!

Takashi Tezuka - We have prepared a place where everyone can talk about Luigi. Are you a fan of Luigi? Is there something you especially love about him? Post it all here! Let’s see if we can reach a million visitor! (sic)

Yoshihito Ikebata - I’m Ikebata of Nintendo, supervisor of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon / Luigi’s Mansion 2. We have created a community for the new Luigi’s Mansion title, which kicks off the Year of Luigi. Please feel free to post about the game in this community!

After scrolling through some of the comments left in the thread, there are quite a few people thinking of ways to pay their respect for Luigi - with one person saying he's going to beat Super Mario 3D Land as the man himself.

Have you been posting on the new communities? Let us know in the comment section below.

Weavius

Weavius said:

Hopefully, this means 3DS will be integrated into Miiverse in the near future.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

A Miiverse community for a 3DS game!?

PUT MIIVERSE ON THE 3DS ALREADY, NINTENDO! Geez.

The year of the Luigi community is cool though. :3

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

yeah everyone things miiverse is now going to be on 3ds but will it actually be on there? they say once the luigi games comes out which is just a few more days cant wait :D

JSuede

JSuede said:

I have loved Luigi since the NES.....I would plug in the second controller and die as Mario just so I could play as Luigi. Kind of a shame they made him all......weird after Luigi's Mansion, but whatever.

It might have something to do with the L......I'm a lefty and so I kind have always thought Luigi was too...just like Link (lefty Link will be back for Wind Waker!! WOOOO)

FeaRFadeZ

FeaRFadeZ said:

I said the thing about playing 3D Land as Luigi!! I swear my Miiverse is FeaRFadeZ if you would like to check it out!!!!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

A Year of Luigi Miiverse community sounds so obvious, but apparently only Nintendo thought about it. Looks like I'll be tracking this!

DePapier

DePapier said:

For real, this is marketing genius. Everyone on Miiverse was looking for Miyamoto, and now he appears, hyping up Luigi's Mansion 2 AND future Luigi games for this Year of Luigi. Plus, the game gets its own 3DS Miiverse community on the Wii U BEFORE release. Nintendo HQ can get ready to count that money. :D

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

Nintendo would like it's Wii U customers to be informed about and own a 3DS to also buy the big first party games they make for that system as well.

As I own both systems and know not if Miiverse is coming to 3DS im fine with reporting my handheld experiences using a console. Although it would be more helpful for Nintendo to advertise the Wii U through Miiverse to the 3DS instal base at this point

Emaan

Emaan said:

Already added each of these communities to my favorites. Luigi HYPE! :*

moo99

moo99 said:

Have you guys seen Emperor Vo on Miiverse? He draws these brilliant surrealist pieces and is really amazing with the medium

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

DANG! I wish I owned a Wii U sooner than having to wait so I can enjoy this community. I need to find out more about that Mario & Luigi: Dream Team game for the summer. Also with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon , I want to grab it, but I keep getting pulled back into the scenario that I should wait for the reviews for the game to surface before I jump and make my call on whether to get the game or not.

DrSlump

DrSlump said:

Well, for the first three months of this year, we can still talk about the "year of nothing". My Wii U is still waiting for games.

Xilef

Xilef said:

Nintendo were really serious about this. Awesome, Luigi deserves it!

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

I think somebody should get a Mario is Missing sequel up. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate it's edutainment value! It could take images from Wii Street U!

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

@Nardar

I like the idea of where you're getting at with a 3D sequel to a Mario Is Missing! game. But this time around, if something like a game like that was to happen, then Nintendo would have to know better as to not make this sequel an educational game. That's what a lot of gamers hated about the NES & SNES versions from what I always used to hear about with Mario Is Missing!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Now all we need is a female Mushroom Kingdom character who can actually do stuff other than shouting people's names!
Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion reviews :)

BennyFresh

BennyFresh said:

Honestly really don't care about Dark of the Moon. The last Luigi's Mansion game was kind of mediocre, it all felt like kind of a grind. Maybe this one will be better, but I need Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Starfox and Oracle of Seasons and Ages on 3DS before I get this.

swordx

swordx said:

Woooo Luigi's Mansionnnnnnnn! Too bad I'm saving for Xenoblade on eBay... D:

kereke12

kereke12 said:

SWEET but, sadly i don't got a Wii U. Nintendo should give us 3ds owners, a miiverse.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

About Miiverse on 3DS: On the Wii U it is becoming more and more refined and Nintendo is learning how to make it awesome with a smaller user base. By the time it reaches 3DS it will feel very nice and smooth to interact with. It is fun and sometimes addictive. Such a good community.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I wouldn't mind spending some time on one of Nintendo's communities. It could be an interesting distraction after gaming for a while.

Luigi_is_better

Luigi_is_better said:

Could anyone tell me what Miyamoto's name is on Miiverse? I tried to search for it and can't find anything. I could scroll down all the way to the first post, but I felt this might be quicker, asking the people who saw it and are following him. Thanks!

KingBowser

KingBowser said:

I herad that Miiverse will be available in March this year. I'm betting a late March (next Thursday) release for 3DS. Please respond Nintendo. I can't wait any longer.