Nintendo Goes Big at PAX East

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Buy games a day early, try some upcoming titles

PAX East kicks off in Boston this weekend — 22nd-24th March — bringing enthusiasts together in one glorious setting. Nintendo is going to be there in force this year, running a major booth and offering a variety of incentives, activities and hands-on opportunities for lucky attendees.

For one thing, those going along on Saturday will have an opportunity to buy Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity a day before the games arrive in stores nationwide, and therefore show-off to non-attending friends. There'll be a Pokémon Gaming Lounge for 'mon fans to meet, a mug-shot photo booth to celebrate LEGO City Undercover, and a range of 3DS systems and goodies on sale.

Naturally there'll also be a significant variety of games available to play, listed below.

Wii U:

3DS:

So, are any of you going to PAX East, and will you be checking out the Nintendo booth to join in with its activities? Let us know in the comments below.

erv

erv said:

Any word on toki tori 2's release? I was told they'd know at about this events or even before.

Oh and yeah, pikmin and wonderful 101 :)

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

I hope Nintendo successfully shows the whole audience that Wii U is something new, and it is not another Wii with tablet controller add-on. Let's hope that Nintendo surprises us with amazing Wii U advertisements.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I wish I could go to this event. I have been dying to attend one of Nintendo's conferences for a long time now.

Epic

Epic said:

Please make all these demos available online I want to play Dark Moon.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Why has Nintendo not offered a demo of Lego, Wonderful 101 or Pikmin to us poor early Wii U adopters....?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this. I live outside Boston and teach in the city. Have been lucky to attend PAX East from the beginning. If you StreetPass with "Cakes," say hello.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Announce some launch dates for your Wii U games Nintendo! And I hope something good comes out in
April

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Any chance of us having any new information such as release dates at this event, I'm not expecting any first party game announcements but I hope something comes of this for non-attendees

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

I'm from Chicago but I'm at a physics conference in Baltimore. Initially, I thought the conference was going to be in Boston. Only once I had to buy my plane tickets did I realize it was in Baltimore hahah but now I SO wish it was in Boston. I definitely would have taken a day off from my science conference and gone on over to the video game conference lol

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'm wondering why Game & Wario is absent from this, when its being released in Japan in just over a week. Anyways, looking forward to some potential Pikmin 3 footage to see how its been coming along. :O