More Capcom-Disney Games Could Be Remade if Duck Tales is Successful

Posted by Andy Green

Ch-Ch-Chip n' Dale!

Gamers got a huge injection of nostalgia today with the news that Duck Tales: Remastered will be coming to Wii U and other platforms this summer.

Back in the 1980s and '90s Capcom released a series of Disney games on the NES and SNES, each of them with their own charm.

In an interview with Polygon, Rey Jimenez, the producer of Duck Tales: Remastered, said that should the remake be a success it could well open up the door for more Disney games to be given the same treatment.

In a purely hypothetical world. I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy.

Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers certainly was a classic title, as were others such as Aladdin, Goof Troop and Darkwing Duck - the remastering of any of these titles would be most welcome.

Which other games from this era would you like to see remade? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

[via polygon.com]

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I only own the amazing DuckTales so i'd prefer releases of the great original games first. On the VC or as collections, these games look like 8- and 16-bit perfection to me. I'll still buy the remakes if they're good, but while the new DuckTales looks very promising it's somehow missing some of the magic of the original imo.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

He's right, Chip N' Dale would be a good next step. As a game though, DuckTales was just so much more epic than any of those. I'd buy a Chip N' Dale and Darkwing Duck though also.

Neram

Neram said:

Chip n' Dale is the one I remember most. I'd love to see it remastered.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Oh, my God, please. Chip 'n Dale with local/online co-op would be amazing! Goof Troop with more puzzles! Darkwing Duck! My childhood in a nutshell, pretty much.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

if they remake aladdin it has to be the snes version. the megadrive / genisis version wasn't that great imo.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@ogo79
Don't you already have Duckatles & Chip 'n dale for the NES? In your case, why would it matter if the originals are included? :p

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

When I saw the footage for this game earlier, I couldn't believe that CAPCOM was resurrecting a masterpiece like DuckTales for this day and age. Although, the more I look at this game, the more it puts me in mind of the Paper Mario series for the way how this game feels and plays out. I do agree with everyone else on here that if this game is successful, then a Chip 'N Dale and or a Darkwing Duck game should be next in line. That or any other Disney game.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

The Little Mermaid
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
TaleSpin
Darkwing Duck
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers 2
Duck Tales 2
Goof Troop (Shinji Mikami's first game!)
Magical Quest
Magical Quest 2
Magical Quest 3
Aladdin

Get crackin' Capcom, I'd get 'em all!

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Yeah, Rescue Rangers was my favorite of them. :)

They Say DT:R is going to have voice acting. If they remake Goof Troop, I wonder who they'd get to play Max...

Edit: Actually, for that matter, who's going to voice Glomgold?

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Spark_Of_Spirit: You left out Mickey Mousecapade:(

I'm not sure if Disney was behind Little Nemo the Dream Master, but I'd love to see Capcom and WayForward do a remake of that! Who's with me?:)

photofool83

photofool83 said:

I will buy EVERY single one of these games!!
Oh, and I'm definitely with you on Little Nemo Dream Master.

sadsack777

sadsack777 said:

i would love to see DOODLEBUG - Toy Land off the amiga 500 plus to be remade for wii u and Amiga Lionheart by THALION THE BEST FOR MAKEING SOME OF THE TOP GAMES

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I'm surprised I'm not the only one who wanted Goof Troop to be remade. I'd love to see Goof Troop and the SNES version of Aladdin remade.

gblock

gblock said:

Chip n Dale and Aladdin definitely

too bad World of Illusion isn't a Capcom game, would like to see it as well...

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I'd be down for some Darkwing Duck! just as long there are more levels added or if its dirt cheap

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@ogo79 ...What would be the point of that?

That didn't worked out very well for Metroid - Metroid Zero Mission.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Goof Troop (Never got a chance to play the game but loved the show.

Aladdin
The Lion King
Bonkers

If not mistaken Toy Story was on SNES if I remember correctly that'd be nice to play again too.

Duck Tales I only played the gameboy version of so be nice to play SNES versions. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

I hope that the music stays awesome as it is, and that they don't change it with some derp 'modern' remixes....

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'm getting DuckTales, it's awesome, and I really hope Chip n Dale get a remake and Darkwing Duck too, Aladdin on the SNES wasn't me favourite, I liked the Genesis version better.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

What would be the point of that? "Oh, let's include the old game with crappy graphics for the sake of nostalgia!"

None of the Capcom Disney games had crappy graphics.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

When I read the title of this article, I immediately thought of Aladdin. The SNES version of that game (which was far, far superior to the Genesis version) was like a modern Prince of Persia long before Sands of Time came along.

Unfortunately, anyone hoping for Lion King - that game wasn't Capcom. It was made by Virgin Interactive.
Now that I think about it, the Genesis version of Aladdin wasn't made by Capcom either. That was Virgin Interactive, too.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

I would never admit to my friends growing up how much I loved Duck Tales and Alladin. I never played the others except Little Nemo. So cool if the originals come w/ the HD remakes. I love having an 8 year old son to play these games with (if they all come out).

Mickey

Mickey said:

SOME TIMES, SOME CRIMES, GO SLIPPIN' THROUGH THE CRACKS. BUT THESE TWO, GUMSHOES, ARE PICKIN' UP THE SLACK-THERE'S NO CASE TO BIG NO CASE TO SMALL! IF YOU NEED HELP JUST CALL CH-CH-CHIP N' DALE!

I-I'm sorry... I just had a nostalgia attack...

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Yes, this is exactly what I thought! I hope they do make a remastered Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers. That would really bring back my nostalgic childhood memories of the series. After the likely success of Ducktales, I don't see any issues with making more games about the other Disney cartoons.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

Well, guess I'll pick it up on Wii U AND XBLA.

Money speaks louder then pleas people. Gotta show Disny and Capcom that dare's gold in dem old Disney titles. ;)

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

It has been years since I last played DuckTales. I would like to have the opportunity to play it again.

player310

player310 said:

I'm proud of Disney to allow such a project to be produced by Capcom and WayForward... makes me feel like they do have a soul after all...

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

If they do Aladdin for SNES, I would have 10 consecutive heart attacks in a row. So awesome.

JeanOfmArc

JeanOfmArc said:

I still have amazing memories of Darkwing Duck, and it's one of the few NES games I still own. Let's see some remastering, Capcom!

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

I agree with everything, the ducktales remaster, chip and dale being next, and all the other titles of disney/capcom everyone want to see next on wii u EXCEPT I'M WORRIED FOR 1 THING AND 1 THING ONLY: DLC; Capcom is famous along EA for screwing everything up with that, everything right now is beautiful and wonderful but I fear that when the game is about to launch they will say: "OH YEAH YOU CAN ALSO PLAY AS LAUNCHPAD MCQUACK, GYRO GEARLOOSE AND DONALD DUCK BUT THEY'RE DLC CHARACTERS 5 DOLLARS EACH, THERE'S ALSO TIME ATTACK AND EXTRA MISSIONS FOR 3 DOLLARS EACH TOO". I loved megaman 9 and 10 but I just hated how capcom wanted to cash in with the dlc, I just hope they don't screw this up.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I guess I'll definitely have to buy it just so I have a bigger chance to see more classic remakes down the line haha

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I can't believe people are calling the SNES version of Aladdin superior! I loved the Megadrive version, it was one of my favourite games as a kid. I remember a few years ago a friend had a copy for the SNES and I was so excited to play it again, not knowing they were different. I was soooo disappointed. No sword, no upgrades, slower gameplay, uglier graphics... in what way do people feel the SNES version is superior?

It looks like the Megadrive version were bettered reviewed and sold more too.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Lucky Dime Caper

@Peach64
I'd sold my Megadrive by the time Aladdin was released but I know my girlfriend has find memories of it and it does seem to be highly rated. I've never looked at the SNES version.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Little Nemo wasn't a Disney movie or a Disney game, but I do agree that game is awesome. If we could get a Magical Quest Remastered Compilation with offline/online co-op, that would be the cat's pajamas.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

The Lion King was an awesomne game but maybe better suited for the 3DS? Especially the wildebeast stage.
I dunno if Capcom did these but I'd love to see HD remakes of Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusions and World of Illusions!

dartmonkey

dartmonkey said:

Chip and Dale was a great game - I replayed a year or two ago. The best thing is that this shows Disney are open to sorting out licences and the Sega games on VC are now a possiblity (Castle of Illusion, Quackshot, World of Illusion, etc). I'd like them to include the originals with any HD remakes, or make the original available. What's happening with the music too? Same tunes rejigged I guess.
If Duck Tales was on 3DS I'd get it immediately. It's becoming my repository for VC games (NES, GB, GBA) and portability is gold for games like this.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Stu_Dee_Jay said:

Darkwing Duck is still a wonderfully complete game to this day. I'd love to see that get the HD remake treatment, but DuckTales is a good place to start.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Melkaticox i disagree

@KnightRider Hudson Soft made little nemo if I'm not mistaken but i would love to see a remake of it for sure,might as well remake milons secret castle too

Jaime146

Jaime146 said:

One of the best nes game. I had a lot fun memories from this game. Capcom is finally getting it together. All of those Disney games from the nes were the best. I hope the can make all of those games a reality. I'm buying ducktales on the first day it comes out. Specially on the wii u . Nintendo rocks.

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

Well, the idea has me hyped already. Freaking loved Chip and Dale, the show and the game. My younger brother, my cousin and I had frequent role-playing sessions.. with me as Fat Cat. Can't help but hope for Darkwing Duck too.

Seriously, thank you Capcom. Now please hurry and localize Ace Attorney 5 already.

Ren

Ren said:

wow this is fantastic news for grouchy old games like me. All those disney capcom games were pure magic. Stuff like this will sell me on the WiiU because the HD games aren't.

scir91

scir91 said:

most of the disney games were bad. the mickey mouse game was really bad. others were lackluster. only ducktales was really great. maybe chip n dale but the play control was way too lose.

cmk8

cmk8 said:

"If Duck Tales is successful"
Given the attention this awesome news has got I don't think that's in doubt!

ReifuTD

ReifuTD said:

I want to see waforword get a hold of Classic Mega Man. I beend wanting Capcom to de a classic Megaman in this cartoon look for years. Duck Tales was bolded after the NES MEga Man games anyway.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

If Capcom are going to remake instead of create new IP's, then I can only say Magical Quest featuring Mickey Mouse.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Melkaticox: Why the heck not? I love FREE unlockable classic NES games. Why wouldn't you want added bonuses? Why hate on some of the greatest NES games ever made?

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@KnightRider666 Because it would be redundant, as simple as that. If the game ends up being a remake with prettier graphics and identical controls (with DucKTales 2's levels added, maybe?), what would be the point of adding the old game?
For nostalgia purposes, apparently.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Melkaticox: Exactly, and that's the only reason needed. What exactly do you have against nostalgia anyway?? Are you too young to appreciate older systems when games were just great in their own right, and didn't need to rely on flashy graphics to keep them afloat? I'm sure everybody on here would like to know the answer to that one!

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

I'm not interested in any other Disney/Capcom games other then NES DuckTales and DuckTales 2.

DaveGX

DaveGX said:

Ah man i remember how difficult Duck tales was back in the day. Always loved Darkwing Duck, though, but never really played the game, I would love to play that 1 remastered, possibly Chip n Dale. Think they forgot about tale Spin, though; I'd welcome any of the NESas remasters. What about Disney's Adventures in the Magic Kingdom?