Etrian Odyssey IV's Quest to PAL Regions This Spring is Courtesy of NIS America

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Picking up the publishing buff

While Atlus is doing a sterling job of localising titles such as Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan to North America, Europe and PAL regions as a whole are often left to other companies to pick up; an example being Ghostlight's upcoming release of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, which Atlus brought to North America in 2011.

In the case of Etrian Odyssey IV, we knew it was coming to Europe following the recent European 3DS Direct, giving the title a release window of this Spring. It's emerged, courtesy of the Australian Classification Board, that this RPG is being published by NIS America, the North American subsidiary of Nippon Ichi Software — this is a company that's localised a lot of titles over the years. The same classification also lists the game as multi-platform, though at the current time it's only on 3DS.

Reassuringly for Australian gamers, this suggest that all PAL regions will be catered to, not just Europe. While there's no confirmed date yet, this is certainly one to watch: we enjoyed it enough to award 9/10 in our Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan review. If you want to see what it's all about, below is a relatively recent trailer from the North American release.

[via classification.gov.au, siliconera.com]

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Looking forward to this one. Was confident of its release, as it was given a quick mention in the most recent European 3DS Nintendo direct.
Going to be an expensive time with the Wii U starting to get some games and Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion on 3DS as well.

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

Not sure if this game is worth to buy for me. I saw a gameplay video on youtube but still don't know what this game is about.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

That's wonderful news for you guys. Looks like atlus won't be so limited over seas on the 3ds like it was on the ds! Great game and you should pick this up asap!

BenAV

BenAV said:

Glad this is makings its way over.
I'll have to make sure to pick it up when it does.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This is one of those games which will really need an eshop demo to get my attention. Hope it makes its way here too!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Wonderful. The whole world should be able to experience this remarkable game.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome :D I'll be happy to pick this up when it comes over, but definitely need to play at least the 3rd one (as it is allegedly the easiest) so I can get used to the gameplay style.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Great! I've spent so many hours on the first episode, but the other two never came to Europe!!!

Weedy

Weedy said:

I've never played this series before but am excited for this latest entry, I think it's something to do with being starved of old school rpgs on my 3ds.

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

"While Atlus is doing a sterling job"

Gotta quibble with this. Atlus is including ABSOLUTELY NO MANUAL at all with the game. Hardly a model of sterling.