Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode is Double The Length of The PSP Version

Posted by Andy Green

Will feature over 160 digital monsters

Last month we reported that the 3DS would be getting an updated version of the PSP game Digimon World Re:Digitize in Japan. All we knew was that it will include a couple more story chapters and would have an extra word chucked on the end of it for good measure.

Yes, Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode certainly is a mouthful, but it seems the name isn't the only thing that's extended in length. According to the latest edition of Famitsu, the story in the 3DS adaptation will be double the length of the original.

The developer has taken feedback from those who played the PSP version and as a result has added a few more Digimon to the new dual screen edition. The upcoming game will feature over 160 'mon, which edges up to 200 if you include the bosses.

Also on the list of new additions will be two new systems: Decode Level, where you train your Digimon pals to draw out their maximum potential, and Degitta, which allows you to quickly access news from the Digimon world.

According to the developer, Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode is 80% complete and will be releasing in Japan this Summer. There's been no news on a Western release; the PSP version never made it over, but fans are hopeful the 3DS edition will be luckier.

What are your thoughts on this one? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gematsu.com]

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I didn't know Digimon was still popular or that they still made games of this series. I hardly ever watched the tv show when I was a kid because I was more into Pokemon. This game could be interesting though even if it doesn't have the same style of gameplay. Still, this game might not even make it out of Japan.

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

Why update us on games that probably won't even make it over here. Like those One Piece and Gundam games, Damn you Japan! X(

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Wait wait... so it's not just a slightly upgraded port, but a fully refined version of the game?!?!

Now I want this even more!!! @O@

Come back to Europe Digimon!!! Your fans miss you!!!

ueI

ueI said:

I don't even know if it's any good! The Japanese PSP game doesn't have any English reviews.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Even if I don't buy it, it must come over here, make money and please people because there really shouldn't be any of these japan exclusive games unless they are dirty (sexual related)

AugustusOxy

AugustusOxy said:

If Bandai Namco has any love for its fans they will bring this over here. They denied us Re-Digitize, and it was their HIGHEST SELLING GAME OF THAT YEAR. What do we get instead? X Zone which was one of their worst selling games of all time.

Yeah Go guys.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Five-seveN None whats so ever. Digimon started out as a take on those Tamagotchi style toys when they started aiming them at boys with dinosaurs and stuff.

In case somebody doesn't already know this game is basically a remake or reboot (not sure which) of the first digimon game for the PS1, which is a very good thing imo. I really hope we get this.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I've never gotten around to playing any of the games, but I always liked watching Digimon. Go Agumon!

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I'm hoping that since Digimon Xros Wars (which is amazing) is finally being released in English this year, someone will have the sense to localize this game.

Kirtap

Kirtap said:

I really hope this comes to the US. I'd definitely pre-order it. It'd be cool to go alongside with the upcoming english dub on Nickelodeon.