Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode Dated for 27th June in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

V-Jump gets the, er, jump on the news

A little while ago we told you that PSP title Digimon World Re:Digitize was coming to 3DS as an expanded version, with Decode being plonked on the end of the game title. It's certainly a popular series in Japan, though can only really claim niche status in the West.

While news of a localisation is, unsurprisingly, not forthcoming as yet, it's been confirmed that Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode will arrive in Japan on 27th June, avoiding a direct battle — which it would most likely lose — with Pokémon X & Y. Japanese magazine V-Jump spilled the news, also detailing new character Rina Shinomiya (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu) and a little information on one of the extra chapters, "Scheming Demon King". Below is a summary from the magazine for that chapter, courtesy of Gematsu:

Provoked by Barbaramon, who aims to take over the Digital World, Daemon, Lilithmon, Belphemon, Beelzemon, Lucemon FD, and Leviamon have begun stirring. When the protagonists run into them at the mystery area that appeared in the tower, the story heats up.

Perhaps one to look forward to for Japanese 3DS owners or enthusiastic importers; the rest of us will just have to wait and see whether it makes it West.

[via gematsu.com]

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

With Digimon returning on Nickelodeon, maybe this game will make it to the west, also that artwork looks like it should be Shin megami tensei with Digimon.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I'm not into either, but back when I heard about Digimon back when I was in gradeschool in the 90's, I thought it sounded like an obvious copy cat of Pokemon (i know I'll offend someone on here by saying that, so forgive my 3rd grade self). Maybe I just don't understand Japanese culture that well, but I could see where I was coming from...I mean, they both even have 'mon' in the name.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

My avatar is going to electrocut me, but I can't avoid to keep posting I'm hoping for a west release everytime a new article about the game show up XD

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Good. Now date it for North America. Just give us a sub. Thats all we need. JUST BRING IT OVER!

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I say we make a petition to get it to America, who's with me? It'll definitely sell on the 3DS!

Jarod

Jarod said:

i think it has decent chances the 3ds is alot more popular then the psp ever was in north america plus digimon airing on nickelodeon would boost it even more really hope they do the same thing with the digimon season 1 game and bring it here that would be amazing

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

I could care less for this game tbh. I would rather be more pleased if the 3DS had access to getting a english dubbed or maybe english subbed version of that PSP game, Digimon Adventure RPG based off Season 1 of the series. That was pretty darn good from what I saw before. Bring that over instead.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Pixel-Perfect
Exactly, the series is a lot better than most people give it credit for. I still play the original PS1 games cause they're so fun. Heres hoping this game sees a release everywhere else too.

AugustusOxy

AugustusOxy said:

I see any news about this game I think "this is it, this is when they are going to announce it for the states".

I'm going to be hopeful. Re:digitize is the best selling Ban-nam game released in a long time (actually held the spot for a long time, even when competing with big name games). They'd be stupid not to bring this one over.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I am curious about this game at least. I'll remain hopeful that it comes to the west so fans of this series can play it.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

The Digimon are the champions of the digital world.
The eShop is a digital shop, so Digimon could go to the NA/EUR/UK/AUS eShops :)

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I remember my friend had a game called Digimon World on the PS1 and I remember having some fun with it. That's pretty much my whole experience with the series.

I do dig the artstyle in that pic though for some reason.

Brandonerd1991

Brandonerd1991 said:

Please Digimon, have a US release date for 3DS! I've been a fan of Digimon since I was 7 years old, make it happen!