Capcom To Make "New Product Announcements" At PAX East

Posted by Andy Green

Says there may be "a surprise or two" in store

PAX East is set to kick off in Boston this weekend and it's sure to generate a heck of a lot of buzz, what with the amount of video game companies that will be in attendance.

One of those companies will be Capcom, which will be showcasing games such as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations and Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

On Friday there will be a 'World of Capcom' panel held at the Phoenix Theater. It'll go on for an hour, during which a group of Capcom producers and project managers will talk about a few of the company's upcoming titles as well as "some new product announcements".

The company also said there may be "an additional surprise or two", which is very intriguing indeed. It looks like Capcom may well be hinting at a couple of new games — one of which could be a new Strider — we'll just have to wait and see.

What would you like to see announced? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via polygon.com]

Related Games

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

MONSTER HUNTER 4 COMING TO THE US SUMMER 2013! Has 300 quests, online multiplayer, 30 new monsters, and 2 new types of weapons!... what, I can dream right?

Epic

Epic said:

MONSTER HUNTER 4 EVERYONE WANTS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sry for caps)

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Really you guys want a new Monster Hunter instead of a new Mega Man which we haven't had for a while? Seriously? Even after we just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? Really?

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Anything "Strider" related would be nice. BTW, I would not mind having "Dead Rising" on the Wii U at all...

shinokami

shinokami said:

If by any chance they announce MML3 I will forgive them for all their wrongs for the past 2 years

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Please announce a new Mega Man game, or even better yet; reopening Mega Man Legends 3!(yeah right...)

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

a dead rising app, complete with not being completed unless you buy addition content. just a wild guess.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

We just got MH3U so its way too early to want a new Monster Hunter, but it would be nice to be told if we can expect MH4 to be localized or not.

XXIV

XXIV said:

Megaman 3DS game and MH4 localization. Do it. Now. Seriously, do it.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

@rlopez1996 Be prepared for disappointment. I will poopiedoodledingdong my pants if I see any new Megaman games come out within the next few years. They seem hard at work at cancelling every single new Megaman game, and only re-releasing classics that have already been re-released over and over and over and over again.

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

Street fighter X Megamen on the wii u eshop. Most likely won't happen though. A wii u megamen would be nice to though. Anyone know if nintendo will be there?

BraveBold5

BraveBold5 said:

A new Okami and a Strider would be awesome and all multiplataform for everyone to enjoy it

JSuede

JSuede said:

@Razalom Stole the words right out of my mouth.

If they decide to bring back MegaMan.....that would be the megaton to end all megatons for Capcom. Nothing after that announcement would register due to the sheer awesomeness of MegaMan making a comeback

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

SNES Mega Man X9 (Not gonna happen)

I'm gonna go with a Phoenix Wright announcement of some kind and a digital 2D Strider game for every system.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

Ace Attourney 5 and Investigations 2 would be nice. But how do we know there are going to be Nintendo related announcements from Capcom?

SwimyGreen

SwimyGreen said:

Dream game: Okami 3 out sourced to Platinum games. Considoring that Platinum still has te key developers of the original Okami, I reelly hope this happens. I doubt it after the poor sales of both of the first two titles.

EdwardCORE

EdwardCORE said:

People asking for a new Okami, count me in. Although I see this is not what Capcom may thinking about right now. But rumors of a Tequila Works' Ghouls and Ghosts points to a new game and this might show up at PAX. But would be happy with some remakes though, like Viewtiful Joe, Power Stone Collection, Giga Wing and Mars Matrix, SNK Vs. Capcom and maybe, if only we are that lucky, a RE2 HD remake. One can dream, can't he? And since I'm dreaming, I now live in a world where we have a Aliens Vs. Predator HD for Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3.

zeonox

zeonox said:

I'd like Resident Evil 6 on Wii U. I'm betting every other guess in the comments is more likely, though.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

A new Darkstalkers game or releasing Miles Edgeworth 2 outside of Japan? I could go for both, I kinda doubt they will release Edgeworth though. Guess we will wait and see what happens.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

it wont be MH4. No chance theyd announce a localization so soon after the release of MH3U...

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@MrWalkieTalkie
Was racking my brains to think what Capcom game it was I was desperately hoping for.... Okami 2/3 is definately the game I'm hoping for <3
Oh yeah Phoenix Wright localisations definately up there as well :)

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Been a while since they've churned Street Fighter 4- Street Fighter: Rehash 4U including Ryu in a Green Bandana.

farfromsleep

farfromsleep said:

MH4 is not going to happen, it'd be suicide for MH3U's sales to announce it so soon. I wouldn't say no to a new Dead Rising though,.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

A wii u game that isnt a port of a 3ds game would be nice.
Im gonna do something different.to everyone else here and hope for something that isnt a sequel.
Remember Me i could see coming to the U.

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

I'd definitely settle for Monster Hunter 4 localization info (for Europe too pls) and Okami HD for the Wii U (a sequel would be awesome, but that's stretching it a bit)

....and Capcom announcing that they've listened to the fans and restarted development on Mega Man Legends 3. Ok now I'm in dreamland....

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Capcom "new product" announcement.

Another HD remake of an old game sold as downloadable only.