Apollo Justice Returns in Ace Attorney 5

Posted by Andy Green

Justice is blind

More news on Ace Attorney 5 has been promised by Capcom but as of yet we've had no major announcement. However, we have learnt — thanks to a picture in the latest Famitsu magazine — that Apollo Justice is making a return in the upcoming game.

The picture shows the young attorney as we've never seen him before. He's still wearing his trademark red suit, but he appears to be looking a little worse for wear. Apollo is now employing a patch over his right eye, why he's wearing it is unknown — he could have been in an accident, or he might just like dressing as a pirate, we just don't know.

Phoenix Wright returns to the role of protagonist in Ace Attorney 5, but it looks like the leading man from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is also going to feature in the game.

There's no release date set for Ace Attorney 5. It's down for a 2013 launch in Japan and we know the game will make it over to the West at some point. There are quite a few good looking titles coming out for the 3DS this year, and Ace Attorney 5 would be the icing on the cake.

What are your thoughts on Apollo's return? Do you object to his new look? Let us know by dropping a comment below.

[via siliconera.com]

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Oh come on, it's obvious why he's wearing an eye patch and his arm is bandaged, he was caught in the courtroom explosion we saw in previous trailers.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I've never played an Ace Attorney game before but I certainly want to try one. Perhaps this will be the first one I try.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free. Although I do prefer Phoenix as a character (I like Apollo, don't get me wrong), it wouldn't have made sense to me if Apollo completely sat out of AA5. So, I'm glad to see him here! Though I wonder what's up with the bandages.

klautrec

klautrec said:

The games I spent most of my time playing on DS is back! :D

That's one of the reasons I still love capcom, they have such interesting games. I only hope we don't have to make a petition to get an western release...

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Returning characters are what sell Phoenix Wright. Anyone who's ever enjoyed this game wants to see what's next for Maya, Edgeworth, Franziska, Pearl, Trucy Gumshoe, Maggie, Wendy Oldbag, Larry and the Blue Badger.

Expect a big proportion of these characters and the others to urn up again.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Welcome back Apollo! ^O^

But it scares me that he has quite a "prosecutor" face... What happened to the naive guy of AA4?!?!?! DX

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Well, those lawyers are always pointing at each other, yelling "OBJECTION!!!!" maybe one of those times, somebody poked his eye out or something?

invmat

invmat said:

Anyone else here who thinks Apollo looks like Zero Sr. from VLR in this picture?

I mean, patch, bracelet, cape :P

DePapier

DePapier said:

I'll go for pirate. I'm too tired to try to comment efficiently, even on one of my most beloved series.

Big_Al1

Big_Al1 said:

So Batsu graduated high school and went to study law. Still, brawling habits die hard, it seems!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow Apollo scares me now... & he's definitely the prosecutor aka "villain" in this game. Because he's looking to the left haha.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

He could be the silhouettte at the end of the trailer, so maybe he will be the new prosecutor. That or his injuries mean hes a witness or something.

I like how his bandage doubles as a bandana.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Yeah, he's a prosecutor. I hope you find your way back to the light Mr. Justice

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

either he suffered an accident, got beaten up by some thugs. or perhaps thought it was an interesting look. :-D either way, looking forward to this one. hope it makes it outside japan.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Looks like someone kicked the crap out of Apollo.

Good....

Also, although I despise Apollo Justice as a game that was meant to be a s standalone series that Capcom made the developers turn into a Phoenix Wright game to increase profits (which worked) and ruined the Phoenix Wright characters they used in the process, it looks like Shu Takumi is alread making Apollo Justice suck less.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

misswliu81 wrote:

or perhaps thought it was an interesting look. :-D

Thats certainly an interesting possibility, maybe he though going around looking like he got the crude beat out of him makes him look tough.:D

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Haven't played Apollo Justice yet, slowly working my way through the wierd Edgeworth game...
EUREKA! (oh no.... tell me that didn't just happen)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

AJ's back! :) The more the merrier. Wonder what this will mean for the sidekicks in this game...

ompgsag

ompgsag said:

I wish AJ was the protagonist again. Phoenix's story should have been finished with Trials and Tribulations. They should have used AA5 to focus on developing AJ and Trucy's characters, not introduce what seems to be another Ema Skye (a la PW:AA case 5). I wonder how much Capcom is meddling this time.

I like how someone called him "Raiden Justice". Nobody really cared for Raiden either until MGS4 and MGR.

PW-AJrocks

PW-AJrocks said:

I actually like this new look Apollos got going it makes look more serious and that he means business