Zen Studios Announces New Star Wars Pinball DLC

Posted by Andy Green

The force is strong with Wii U

Zen Studios has announced on its blog that it will be bringing new Star Wars themed pinball tables as DLC for Xbox Live Arcade's Pinball FX2 and PSN's Zen Pinball 2. There was no mention of Wii U, but fortunately it seems it will be coming to Nintendo's eShop after all as DLC for Zen Pinball 2.

As you would expect, somebody queried the lack of Wii U mention and an employee at Zen Studios simply replied by saying "The force is strong with Wii U". They later went on to say that more details would be coming soon regarding the Wii U version.

According to the blog post, Star Wars Pinball is coming to digital stores in just a few short weeks with the first pack of tables including Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

What are your thoughts on this one? Are you looking forward to some Star Wars-themed pinball action?

[via blog.zenstudios.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

More tables is only good news, though I do wish it was out for NA already! This week maybe?

defrb

defrb said:

Star wars is very cool, lot better then their superheroes themed machines.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

ZP 2 is my fav "WiiUware" title so far. Hugely addicting. So I am looking fwd to this as I'm a big Star Wars fan. Would like the Ninja Gaiden Sigma table at some point too.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I would just like to see Zin 2 in the eshop it seems like it's taking forever; please be this week.

Oregano

Oregano said:

This is nice but why wasn't it in the original announcement? Between this and the Activision Walking Dead game it just seems like publishers make an effort to announce the Wii U version later.... I don't get it.

Everly

Everly said:

@Will-75 Back when we were continuing to be told it would be in January I said I would be playing the MH3U demo before any ZP2 here in the States. Now I'm thinking I'll be playing the full MH3U game first. NoA is the hold up. I've contacted them directly and got a cut and paste reply that led me to believe it may not come at all. When I responded for clarification I was told it is estimated for Q1. I responded again citing the fact that there is very little for Wii U players, esp with the RL disaster putting us into March before anything new. I got a reply similar to the first one that basically said it may not show up in NA, there may not be enough interest.

Cosats

Cosats said:

Zen Pinball 2 is very addictive and probably the best created virtual pinball tables I've ever played

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Everly That is a rather odd response from a company that had it in their Nintendo Direct! It's coming but I just can't see what the hold up is. They wouldn't want to tick off a indie developer. Not now. After all they did a lot of work to earn some money off of this!

Everly

Everly said:

@Tech101 I thought the exact same thing. In that email exchange NoA was just giving standard replies, but without reading the previous email chain they were just contradicting themselves. I have notice that Zen's responses about the NA release has gone from "Coming very soon" to "Hopefully this month" As far as it being in their Nintendo Direct, it is available in EU so they can say that is what they were referring to.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Everly Yeah but I thought that was a NA direct! It will come as to when only NA knows. I'm wondering if they were waiting to see the reaction from Europe and then said changes needs to be made. Still as long as this gets held up gives me little faith the 3ds dlc is coming anytime soon.

Everly

Everly said:

@Tech101 I hear you buddy. I'll have to find the Nintendo Direct you are mentioning. In either case, trying to get any actual information out of the first line of customer response is a pointless quest. Anyone that is interested in a game and does any research on the internet will know more about it then the person they answering the email they send to NoA.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Coming in March... Errr coming in Q2... Wait, wait, no. Coming in August. Just say coming when it comes already and stop making deadlines you can't keep!

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

On the 6th feb Barbie who is a verified Zen Studios employee on Zenball2 's Miiverse Channel announced the Starwars Table.
If it wasn't coming to WiiU she wouldn't of mentioned it.

Everly

Everly said:

@GiftedGimp Oh it is coming. When it is a different story. Zen has also verified that DLC is coming for Pinball 3D for the 3DS back in September. If you were to ask Barbie about it today she will say.......It is coming.
@ngamer155 Great question. I have absolutely no inside information on it but I really don't think we will see it in Feb.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

So wouldn't it be funny if instead of 3D Zen Pinball dlc we Get Star Wars Pinball 3D by Zen Studios?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@MatthewRPG Yeah, not sure if I wanna get the game. I'll have to take a look at it. I do love pinball, though; real, & virtual.