Zelda-Inspired Action RPG Cryamore Could Be Coming To Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Kickstarter stretch goal added

Kickstarter-funded action RPG Cryamore could be coming to the Wii U according to its development team.

The title has already smashed through its initial goal of $60,000 and currently sits at $142,673 with twelve days to go. If it reaches $250,000 by that point, ports to the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS3 will be secure.

Developer NostalgiCO lists The Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Secret of Mana as inspirations, which certainly bodes well for the game.

The screens and artwork shown so far look incredibly promising:

Will you be pledging your support, or is this a project you think belongs on mobile formats? Let us know by posting your opinion in the comments field below.

Thanks to uel for the tip.

[via kickstarter.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

That is the best 10 minute video you will watch all week. Wow, I'm seriously impressed that came from indepedent developers. You bring that to the Wii U eshop, and I'll buy it in a heartbeat knowing they can create that funny of dialogue.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

You might want to mention the bit from the FAQ, about choosing which console you want the reward on. Specifically this part.

"Will we be able to select the digital platform we'd like?

Yeah, our plan is to provide backers with an option of picking the digital platform of choice, depending on if specific platforms are unlocked. We will clarify this when we send out surveys after everything is said and done!"

I wasn't going to back the project while I thought the kickstarter only got you a PC version, as if often the case with kickstarters (for example, Pier Solar). Now, I'll be keeping an eye on it, if it looks like it'll reach the stretch goal, I'm all in!

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

When I get paid on Friday i think I'll support this. This'll be my first kickstarter pledge ever and it seems well worth it

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

A lot of Zelda inspiration recently, huh? I'll certainly keep an eye on it. After watching the whole video (now that's advertising done right!); I'll totally support it and get it if released on the Wii U.

Volkorn

Volkorn said:

Wow, the video is awesome. Maybe this will be my first kickstarter pledge too.

edhe

edhe said:

Can't complain. The Wii never got support like this.

I know they haven't reached the target yet, but Pier Solar was in the same boat - and maybe we'll be thanking the PS3/360 crowd when they help bring the total up to a level that will ensure a Wii U port.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Awesome, this game along with Pier Solar are gonna be on my list of games to get this year for the eShop.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@retro_player_22

No, this won't be on your list of eShop games this year. Know how I know? They've listed a January 2014 release date for Cryamore. Still, if it gets a Wii U version, I'll be buying it.

I've decided to plonk down the minimal pledge for a PC version, but if it gets closer to a wii u version being a reality, I'll upgrade to the digital soundtrack, because the music is gorgeous. I encourage everyone to go to the kickstarter page and give it a listen.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

And there goes, the Wii U is showing a really promising future as the new house of indies among consoles.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@Linkstrikesback
Despite it's on my "to get" list doesn't necessarily mean that I would get it this year, it's just a list of interesting titles I heard this year that I planned to get or check out when the game actually does exist.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man that video just annoys me... Can't watch it anymore, I'm sure the game will turn out good though, hopefully :p

seronja

seronja said:

what a great video =D i'm going to pledge 5€ for this, the wii-u neends more better e-shop titles.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Love it, like I said on the forums, 2013 - rise of the Indies - if big publishers fail to support Wii U, all the Indies will find a comfy home on Nintendo's "U" .

Bluezealand

Bluezealand said:

"If it reaches $250,000 by that point, ports to the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS3 will be secure."

It has to reach $225,000, actually. :P

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

OK. A few things! Bliss is totally hott! I have a thing for redheads and ahem busty ones too...
Secondly how much did it cost to make that 'video'? Surely we don't want the money going to more and more videos of 10minutes in length do we?

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

I dont even have a wii u yet but I'll support so i can play it when i do get it :D This'll be the first time i've backed anything on kickstarter so i hope it turns out awesome.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Those sprites look...weird to me. They don't seem to mesh well with the backround. Hopefully it's just a work in progress. I really want to know the credits for this game...I have a feeling it's a South American artist. Just a hunch. Wrong, main artists are from The US (one of which worked for UDON!). Though the Sprite Artist is Japanese.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

Just backed this as my first kickstarter backing. I really hope it makes it to 225,000 for the WiiU version.

ueI

ueI said:

The game has finally been funded. All goals have been met, including the console ports. Yay!