Video: Chase McCain Introduced in New LEGO City: Undercover Webisode

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Fighting crime and free running

LEGO City Undercover is a major Wii U title that's now roughly a month from arrival in North America and Europe, bringing a new franchise to the popular series of games. Ahead of its release (18th March in North America and 28th March in Europe), Nintendo is stepping up its marketing to introduce the City franchise and characters to gamers — though as one of the largest selling LEGO sets, fans of the toys themselves will know the basics already.

The first Webisode is below, introducing the game's main character Chase McCain. Plenty of game footage and cut-scene snippets are included, with various examples of the quirky humour that we can come to expect; throw in an open-world structure, and this looks like a promising title.

Let us know what you think of the trailer in the comments below. Is this a game you're interested in picking up on Wii U?

Happenstance

Happenstance said:

I've never been into the Lego titles enough to play them. I'll watch a Let's Play because I think they're quirky titles and the humor is great especially in the Batman ones. But seeing all this level of parkour/John Woo type stuff might just make this a title I have to pick up

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Never been as exited as this for a Lego game. I really can't wait much longer :O

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

This game cannot come soon enough, both for gamers and the WiiU in general! I just hope it is as good as it looks to be, and won't be another Aliens-type shambling disappointment!!

Exile20

Exile20 said:

I really hope this game is good. It looks like it is leagues better than GTA in the fun factor department. I can't wait. Preordered at Bestbuy with MH3U using thier buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. Great times ahead.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

You know what would be a way better pre-order bonus than a Chase McCain minifig? A LEGO Iwata minifig.

Brotagonist

Brotagonist said:

This game doesn't look like i'll match up to GTAV, but I'd be lying if I said it does'nt make me bit jealous of Wii U owners.

Exile20

Exile20 said:

@Brotagonist The problem with GTA is that with every new sequel it get more and more realistic and fun gets thrown out and the game just gets boring after the OMG graphics wears off. LCU cares only about fun.

The quirky dialogue, hanging from a chickens and flying over the city, riding pigs, wall running, movie and video game references thrown in, etc. All fun.

Don't get me wrong GAT is great but for pure fun, LCU has it at the core. .

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I haven't picked up ANY of the Lego games (only played the Legos LotR demo on the 3DS.) But this has the GTA/open world feel and I love those kind of games. I need to pick up a Wii U quick as I already have at least 4 games I want to buy as well (plus this one.)

Brotagonist

Brotagonist said:

@Exile20 I actually prefer the realism. I get bored of just screwing around fast, so I preferred the story driven experience in GTA IV. I can see where you're coming from though.

duskao

duskao said:

@Brotagonist wait... there are stories in gta games? jk.
GTA4 has been done before, It's called GTA 3. Well at least it should have a better story then any of the recent COD games. Probably won't be stellar though.

duskao

duskao said:

lego city on the other hand looks better and better all the time. Should be good for a laugh.

Bumpon

Bumpon said:

During lack of Wii U games which are good for me, I think I get this game. Lookin forward to some Nintendo originals though. (Pikmin 3 FTW)