Trine 2: Director's Cut Update Hits North America

Posted by Damien McFerran

Grab it now.

Following hot on the heels of the European release, the patch for Trine 2: Director's Cut has arrived in North America. All you need to do to download and install it is open up Trine 2 on your Wii U console.

For those of you that don't know, the update adds Wii U Pro Controller support, voice chat, improved visuals, a German voice track and several other minor bug-fixes.

Developer Frozenbyte has released this handy video explaining the update:

You can see the updated visuals in this video:

Let us know what you think of the update by leaving a comment below.

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

This game is gorgeous makes me wonder what a graphics heavy dev could if they took their time. (Wii U, PS4 can't wait)

Swithom

Swithom said:

It's subtle but its a sweet improvement over the awesomeness that was already there :)

hendie001

hendie001 said:

i have been trying to update for half an hour and nothing, it just says preparing update wtf.

JoelFB

JoelFB said:

Yeah it's more visible in the game actually. The video does show the difference but should be watched in HD to see it properly (so the update fixes the washed-out colors - if you have the game you should definitely check it there).

Hope you enjoy the update. :)

• Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2: Director's Cut
Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Can the voice chat be on a Pro Controller with a headset? Like say the one used for Xbox 360?

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Saludos desde México, Frozenbyte team. I love your game, it is excellent.

soracloud28

soracloud28 said:

Dear Joel, I commented on miiverse today about there being a black out glitch after defeating the dragon. The subtitles audio and dialogue continued but the visuals did not and there was no way to proceed.

JoelFB

JoelFB said:

@Blue_Yoshi Not sure... The Pro Controller doesn't have any mic input, so I think a headset will only work with the GamePad. I'm not sure if you can have the GamePad and only use the headset while playing on the Pro Controller... We'll test in a few days if no one else knows the answer.

@soracloud28 Ah, sounds serious. We'll look into it... Hopefully just a random bug!

aronatvw

aronatvw said:

So happy!

Question for anyone, is there a button designated for push to talk on the gamepad, or does thY option only work with a headset?

swordx

swordx said:

I really wish they'd release some stages as DLC...I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Truelovetat

Truelovetat said:

This game is great. Love how great this looks. My one question: I live in Canada, my buddy lives in Australia. Can we play together on-line?