Talking Point: What Games Are You Playing This Weekend? - Issue Nine

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Play games and forget your worries

The weekend is here, which for most surely means relaxation and happy times; oh, and video games. No matter what the speculation or news getting the video game industry into a funk, we can always settle back into our favourite hobby to have a good time.

As always, some of your humble Nintendo Life writers are sharing their weekend gaming plans - it's only polite that you do the same, right?

Tom Whitehead

Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition — I've enjoyed Arkham Asylum on the PC previously, and previously flirted with this sequel in a Steam sale — when I saw this Wii U version at a discount last week I couldn't resist. I'm really enjoying the open-world environment and wandering off on side-quests, while I also look forward to carrying on with the included DLC when the main story is done.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star — This one seems to be divisive, but I'm in the "love it" camp, mainly because of its surprising moments of quirky humour.

Fractured Soul — After some tips on the forums, I'll try to get past a pesky impossible jump again.

Jon Wahlgren

Luigi's Mansion — I've sat this one out for far too long now and with the sequel incoming I felt now was the perfect time to spook it up with the greenie wienie. Having seen the mansion in so many other Nintendo games over these years it's all oddly familiar. I tracked down a copy for probably too much money and have busted a few ghouls so far. Feels good, man.

Fire Emblem: Awakening — Still totally addicted to this one. There's a really great chance that it'll occupy all my game time.

Assassin's Creed III — I picked up that single-player DLC and hope to crank through it, if I can tear myself away from these other jokers.

Andy Green

I've been desperately trying to make a start on Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Assassin's Creed III since Christmas but it hasn't happened yet. I'll make an effort to play one of them this weekend but I'll most likely be too busy and end up settling for a case on Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

Orla Madden

This weekend I've jumped back onto The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It's my all time favourite game, and after receiving my copy of Hyrule Historia, I was tempted into picking it up again. I plan on collecting all the Skulltulas and Heart Pieces, which doesn't seem to be an easy task. I'm currently in the Fire Temple, which is almost completed, so I hope to make a bit of a splash in the Water Temple before the weekend is out.

I've also been falling behind in Pokémon White 2, I hoped to have it completed by February, but it's been hard to find time lately to get some quality game time in. By Sunday I'm aiming to have my 6th gym badge, and plan on levelling up my Charmander to a Charizard. That's it from me, what about you?

Philip J Reed

Mega Man 2 Mega Man 2. Mega Man 2! Mega Man 2, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 2; Mega Man 2? Mega Man 2.

Ron DelVillano

If anyone who owns a 3DS says they're playing something that isn't Fire Emblem: Awakening or Mega Man II, I'm pretty sure they're lying. [Unless they're in Europe and still waiting for Fire Emblem: Awakening! Ed]

Morgan Sleeper

Our friends over at Push Square will be happy to know that I recently picked up a Vita, so I'm planning on getting acquainted with the new arrival this weekend via Gravity Rush and Persona 4 Golden! My trusty 3DS always has a spot in my pocket though — I'm really excited to try out the Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan demo, and I'll be hitting the mental gym with Brain Age: Concentration Training for our review!

Gaz Plant

LA Noire (PS3) — I recently bought this cheap and I'm really enjoying the change of pace it offers. Who knew solving crimes could be so much fun? It's a shame I keep getting the questions wrong however...

Paper Mario: Sticker Star — Yes, I'm still going with this mammoth game! Finally made it to World 4, and I'm still really enjoying the charming gameplay!

So that's what some of us are playing this weekend, let us know what gaming shenanigans you'll be up to in the comments below.

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

I just finished Batman Arkham City this week and moved on to Luigi's Mansion like Jon. I'll also been playing the GBA Fire Emblem and wrapping up the final case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition on 360, Jet Set Radio on XBLA, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I'd forgotten how much I love Advance Wars.

sonicfan

sonicfan said:

I'm playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edtion, Ninja Gaiden 3 Wii U. And next week I will be playing the new Aliens game on my PS3 :)

Denkou

Denkou said:

Well, I WOULD be playing fire emblem awakening nonstop, but my local gamestop has it delayed until tomorrow afternoon. Furious about that delay....

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening will be the center of my attention, but I may give the Etrian Odyssey demo a try.
And yes, Sticker Star is awesome. ;)

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Sonic and Sega all star racing transformed 3D, I'm actually really enjoying it more than I thought. It's gotasome bugs which I hope a patch can fix. But it's still good fun and should keep me playing my 3DS for a few weeks

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Ninja Gaiden Wii U, Zen Pinball 3D, Paper Mario Sticker Star and maybe a new eShop game? Crimson Shroud or Crashmo I think. Though I haven't completed Pushmo yet. :3 Oh! Definitely some NPC Pikmin 2.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Beating Fire Emblem Awakening and then maxing out all my units could take some time, and I plan on giving it all my game time.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Nintendo Land. My family is going to take a crack at the final battle in Battle Quest again. It's a steep challenge with my wife and I and kids that are 3 and 7. We've come SO close and it's our last star to gain. Love Nintendo Land.

Recently played through Super Metroid (SNES) and my 3-year-old went insane at the finale. It was awesome. Not sure what to play through next. Will probably watch my daughter continue through Skyward Sword. She's getting some confidence in it now. Fun to watch.

Oh, and I'll probably spend every off moment in the Wii U MiiVerse keeping the momentum going on my drawings. So unexpected how that is taking over my free time. asullivan is my ID, I've been doing a lot of mash-up drawings. Look me up!

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening will probably take up most of my time, though I may do some NSMBU if I want to have some multiplayer fun with my bros.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

This weekend I will be helping Solange defeat Distille in Code of Princess, escorting Yorda through a castle in Ico, and (since for me game time and anime time are one and the same) watching Lain navigate the Wired in Serial Experiments Lain.

sonicriders

sonicriders said:

I'm playing Sonic Racing Transformed this weeken--oh wait, snow day today! I think I'll start early, thank you very much!

Canada FTW! ;)

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

I'll be getting Fire Emblem this Saturday. Also just got Bit.Trip Saga(my first eShop retail purchase!), so I'll be playing that.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

After seeing all of the Twilight Princess concept art in the Hyrule Historia, I've had a massive urge to play it. I'll probably continue with my Assassin's Creed 3 playthrough as well. Possibly might start Dead Space 2 after it has been sitting on my shelf for a few months, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Jon You really need to let us know what you think of Luigi's Mansion!

As for me EO4 demo and Fire Emblem. What else is there really!

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Dust: An Elysian Tail (Xbox 360) mostly. Probably a few other games for 3DS such as EO4 demo. Might play some more Black Ops 2 on Wii U or Ninja Gaiden 3.

DashChargedShot

DashChargedShot said:

I think I'll be playing some OoT 3D, Nintendo Land, maybe NSMBU, Brawl with my friends, and some other random eShop games on my 3DS. I'd play FEA... but it comes in at my Walmart on the 19th. (sighs) 11 days remaining...

And, this goes without saying, but I'll be playing Uprising as always.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Probably playing Kid Icarus Uprising again if I get the change to play anything at all. Maybe Assassin's Creed 2 since I have a lot of catching up to do in that series. I guess I should play Paper Mario Sticker Star since I've made it only to the end of world 1 and I've had it since Christmas. I wish I could get into it more.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Fire freaking Emblem. Enough said.

Oh. And I might mess around with the Etrian Oddysey 4 demo. I started it Thursday then realized it is larger than I expected and I had just gotten Awakwning so I decided I'd continue the demo later, I'm new to EO but it seemed addicting enough!

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Lots and lots of Dragon Quest V, and maybe a little bit of Code of Princess, while I wait for my copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening to finally ship.

SLiM

SLiM said:

I just beat Metroid: Other M, and now I'm going to try to collect all of the upgrades. Maybe try to collect some more coins on NSMB2. Just hit 500,000 coins!

florecita

florecita said:

I would be playing tekken tag tournament and resident evil 6 but a "tornado" came into my life and took them away from me. So i'll stick with style savvy and mercenaries for the 3ds.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Wario Land on Wii and Adventure Time looking likely candidates.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I am with Phil, Megaman 2, Megaman 2. Trying to go for a mega buster only run. Would try no death run but Metalman already ruined that for me.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

The original metroid and ghost recon: future soldier. It came out before ubisoft's stupid decision so don't hate!

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

My goal is to beat 3 games before I buy FE: Awakening next weekend. So I'm going for The Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D (almost even with ya there Orla :P) Pikmin, and Super Paper Mario. Hopefully I'll start Pikmin 2 (which I'm waiting to play until I beat Pikmin first).

Icarus423

Icarus423 said:

As the north-east is being slammed by a blizzard, I will be spending all day playing Tales of Symphonia. And probably some Blops 2.

Ganzor

Ganzor said:

Most of my time will got with Ni no kuni on ps3 :) also picked up Xenoblade for 15euro! hope the game is as good as people say :D

OrangeSmoothie

OrangeSmoothie said:

It's a Zelda weekend for me - OoT 3D (I just started the Spirit Temple) and I'm finally getting into the Minish Cap from the ambassador program. And I've gotten back into my Animal Crossing town in anticipation of New Leaf so I will probably play at least a few minutes of that too.

Astro

Astro said:

Links Awakening - Only just downloaded it a couple of weeks ago but I'm coming up to the 7th dungeon, great game, gives Minish Cap a run for its money.
Why did I not buy it earlier?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Tasuki:
Buebeam Trap killed my no-death run. (Pun intended I guess.) This is going to be even harder than MM1 to no-death, I think!

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Sadly I think I won't play much because of a flu with high fever. It's great, first day of my holyday and I get sick. Awesome. :(

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

@Five-seveN I know right!!! I wasn't expecting much of it before I played it and I really didn't like the idea of a third person shooter. I'd only played one before and I hated it. But thanks to my brother, it's now my favorite shooter ever!

Void

Void said:

Only Fire Emblem: Awakening, nothing else is worthy of my time.

Sonic260

Sonic260 said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, and Super Mario 3D Land.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Hurray for Morgan getting a Vita, and picking up two monster beasts of games.

Anyways, I guess I'll be picking up Sly Cooper: Theives in Time this weekend, and playing some of that and Ni no Kuni.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

I will be playing Batman: Arkham Asylum, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, possibly Metroid Prime 3, and maybe even Zelda: Twilight Princess. The weekend is always a great time for entertainment.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I have no idea what I will play but I might play black ops with a friend, bloody vampire (if I buy it), mega man 1&2 (if I buy them), or Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Demo.

AVahne

AVahne said:

I WOULD be playing Fire Emblem Awakening, but no store in my area has it. All preorders.

Holly

Holly said:

Hmmm...Fire Emblem: Awakening. And Twilight Princess. And Golden Sun. And Animal Crossing: City Folk. I'm done! No wait...Pokemon White. Okay, now I'm done...hopefully. Maybe Kid Icarus: Uprising too, though. Ugn! A combination of some or all of those.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Currently playing through Breath of Fire 2 (One of my favorite games of all time) for the quanteeth time and Virtue's Last Reward, which I haven't found quite as enjoyable as 999, but still pretty playable. I would likely be playing Fire Emblem though, if Nintendo wasn't so stupid or alternatively if I was smart and imported a USA 3DS.

cbkummer

cbkummer said:

I WOULD be playing Fire Emblem, if my local Gamestop had it. . . I did just get Heroes of Ruin, so I'll be playing that.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

playing Just Dance 3 if anything. My XL is busted so I have to wait until I can get a new one on Tuesday to play any 3DS games. Might play some Pokemon Black 2 though on my daughter's DSi.

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

I was hoping to play Zen Pinball this weekend seeing as its out in EU. Guess I'm dusting off the 3DS folder that version is in instead. And of course mega man 2.

Brotagonist

Brotagonist said:

I'll be finishing Persona 4 Golden and playing a bit of Playstation All Stars. I'm also buying Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assualt. Might consider getting Fire Emblem as well, since I've never played one before.

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

I should finish Hero Mode on Skyward Sword this weekend in between playing Fire Emblem Awakening and Sonic Racing. Thanks Nintendo, Sega

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

I think I'll play the original Thief on PC!
And maybe I'll advance a bit in Arkham City on Wii U.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Reliving some Baten Kaitos on the GCN. Maybe some Wii U Batman if the wife isn't playing Last Story.

Ras

Ras said:

Skyward Sword. I've had it since launch, but I'm just getting to it (don't know why). I just finished the first dungeon and am trying to deliver some soup. Other than combat, I find some of the motion controls annoying. Balancing on ropes. Rotating stones to open doors. Eh. I'm enjoying it though.

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

@ajcismo Your wife plays Last Story...you must be a very happy man...or broke because I would have to get her a seperate tv n game system lol

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

@Ras the motion controls feel more natural as you progress through the game but I definitely need to sit up n play. I felt like you did when I started the game but playing through a second time after a long hiatus they feel very good again and I'm shredding enemies.

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

I rediscoved LoZ Wind Waker two weeks ago, and I discovered from my save file that I hadn't played since 2005! I have never actually finished the game, so I have since finished the Earth Temple, collected the Triforce, mapped the entire Great Sea, and did a lot of collection, so I am close to finishing. Sadly, this file will not be 100% complete, as I missed a handfull of pictographs than are impossible to get again.

Also some Paper Mario Sticker Star. I left off on Bowser for some reason, so I will finally finish it this weekend.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

@Five-seveN My personal favorite is Ember Hunt. It's really intense because you can try to get to the guy you're looking for stealthily or guns ablazing. Both ways are really tough especially since you're trying to beat the clock.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

speedo potato catapult. oh you mean video games?, not the traditional lawn games that me and my family get together for?

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Surprisingly, Final Fantasy XIII. I just can't get enough of it for some reason at the moment, so that will occupy most of my time. I'll also slide in a little Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time most likely on the side as well.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Jetpack Joyride, Skylanders Giants, Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Gunman Clive.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

I really wish I was playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but a shipping error made that not happen. So New Play Control! Pikmin.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

@Five-seveN I guess so. I also play violin and I LOVE the violin solo in that one.

After playing that game it's hard to go back to first person shooters. They just feel so clunky. And one of my favorite aspects of the gameplay is the cover swap. It's so smooth looking!

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

Black Ops 2 on Wii U. I'm addicted to its online multiplayer. I might also get Darksiders II with the money I was gonna use on Rayman Legends.

Ras

Ras said:

@NinGamer85 Thanks, yeah, I'm finally coming to grips with combat, but I still need to work on flight and other stuff. Having to sit up to play, as you say, does limit my play time. I wish sometimes I could just lie in bed and play! But, I like that I'm getting into the "charming characters" area of Zelda right now. That guy's reaction when I broke his chandelier was hilarious. And I like that Link's bird looks a lot like the King of Red Lions.

Sp00n

Sp00n said:

Probably going to be hitting up the original Golden Sun a whole lot. Though it was my brother's, I really should have played this more when I was a young'un.

idork99

idork99 said:

I was inches away from purchasing Fire Emblem Awakening but I had to control my urges. I just can't afford it at the moment :(. So, I'll be playing Mega Man 2 instead with a little bit of Mario Kart 7 as always :).

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

@Five-seveN Assuming, from one of your previous posts, you've played splinter cell before, future soldier is sort of like a combination of rainbow six and splinter cell. All of them are great games! At least the originals. I haven't played any of the new splinter cells.

sinsalaca

sinsalaca said:

Finally going to start Fire Emblem Awakening. Has been sitting it's case since Wednesday waiting for me to play it. Probably also a little Order Up since my son deleted my save file (by accident). May pick up Mega Man 2 if I find some extra cash too.

TheN64Dude

TheN64Dude said:

Sonic & Sega ALL-STARS Racing Transformed
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Zombi U

arderin64

arderin64 said:

Ubisoft might not be flavour of the week but I'll be mostly playing ZombiU & Assasins Creed 3 on Wii U, as well as Nintendoland & NSMBU. Also if I get the chance MGS Twin Snakes on GC as I bought MGS Snake Eater on 3DS for £15 last week & i want to refresh my Metal Gear skills in Alaska before taking to the 'Soviet Jungle' (a geographical region I'm not sure I ever heard about in school).

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Style Savvy - 3ds
Imagine Babyz - 3ds
Nintendo dogs + cats - 3ds
Angry Birds - 3ds
Paper Mario - 3ds

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

For me....

Pikmin 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I bought Ghostbusters for Wii, so if that ships in the mail, then I'll be playing that too... SUCH a GB fan :)

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

3DS VC - Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - will keep me occupied before the EurOceania release of Awakening :)

... and possibly Zen Pinball 2 on either 3DS or Wii U...

Fingeldor

Fingeldor said:

Skyward Sword - Wii
Final Fantasy IV - DS
NSMBU (with family)
Trine 2 - Wii U (with wife)
Nintendo Land (with family)

pashaveliki

pashaveliki said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Philip_J_Reed: Yeah it will be tough but I have to admit its been about a year since I played Megaman II so I figured I would die at least once this playthrough.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Tough, for starters Brain Age, ZombiU likely. Dementium II (yeah I still play that as I love horror). Maybe a bit of Cave Story+. Oh and plenty of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

BlueNitrous

BlueNitrous said:

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 for my 3DS. Got it today for $20 off eBay, and I played it for like 3 hours after school.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

Wii U: Hopefully getting some time around to getting more of Darksiders 2 and Trine 2 done.

3DS: Probably playing some more ZP while I wait for ZP2 to get here for NA(because, correct me if I'm wrong, it's still missing). :(

On the other hand, March can't come soon enough and still waiting on that 3DS Direct! I might dust off Luigi's Mansion on the cube so I can make sure I am fully ready for Dark Moon. :)

tabris95

tabris95 said:

Possibly attempt to finish Kid Icarus: Uprising if I can manage to tear myself away from Style Savvy long enough to play it. Also trying to pick out a SRPG to play through as my first foray into the genre. Thinking SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem Awakening, or Front Mission 3. Any suggestions?

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

I'm playing GoldenSun:Dark Dawn on DS mostly this weekend, maybe a little bit of New Super Mario Bros. U, I still gotta finish that. I recently bought a spare DSi (console, box and all) so I could still play my DS games, my DSi XL's D-pad has had it, so buying the DSi was better than forking out for a full priced XL.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Already beaten Fire: Awakening (you wouldn't believe how much free time I have); but instead of immediately going into another session of that, I'm starting up a fresh round of a beloved favorite: Pikmin 2 (Wii version).

moo99

moo99 said:

I tried the Etrian Odyssey demo but it was kind of boring. Spend quite a while readying your team, and then get lost in a forest you're supposed to map yourself. Stay away from the baboon!

Also 3DS sequels are getting weird. The touchscreen is completely ignored. D-pad controls where stylus controls used to be. Zany. Touchscreens are great for menus. The menu being in 3D is really unnecessary.

Squid

Squid said:

Well, I would already be playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but for some reason my copy hasn't even been shipped from Amazon yet and won't get it here until Feb. 11-13th, even though I pre-ordered the game early last month.

Eh, whatever. I'll probably play Pokemon White, maybe some SSBB with my friends or Skyward Sword. Perhaps Jet Set Radio Future, too, if I can get around to it.

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

I have been enjoying the Etrian Odyssey demo quite a lot so I will most likely try and "100%" it this weekend.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Another Code: R and I might be able to finish up the original Metroid on 3DS.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I recently finished the amazing Arc Rise Fantasia & felt desperate to start a new RPG on Wii. There are very few that I haven't played so I went with Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny since I love water in games & the art style is beautiful imo. After quite the slow start, having to look up a guide to see what I was doing wrong (because the story wasn't moving forward) & nearly quitting the game entirely, I now have seen the err in my ways & am totally addicted to playing this game. The huge amount of things to do, people to talk to & exploring the oceans or just another dungeon make this an awesome game to play imo. & until I beat this game I won't be playing another (other than Sonic Racing Transformed on Wii U of course :p & maybe try to finish Paper Mario: Sticker Star haha)

lightbringer

lightbringer said:

lol, it would be FE: Awakening if not for the shipment delays. In the meantime time though, I've started playing Megman Battle Network 6. Decided to play the games (backwards!) after watching the anime series'.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

so far on wiiu,zombiu,zen pinball and nano assault.will have a bash at batman later.

hamsterfactor

hamsterfactor said:

I'm gonna be trying to finish up Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask :) I'm actually enjoying it much more than Specter's Call.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'll be playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, Super Puzzle Fighter II: Turbo HD Remix, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and maybe some Pushmo this weekend :3

odd69

odd69 said:

I just got my copy of Fallout : Brotherhood Of Steel on ps2. As a big fan of bethesdas versions of Fallout, this was something i had to atleast try.

But even better, I got my copy of Mega Man Legends in yesterday i won on ebay.FINALLY!!!I can try this dang game out. I had to throw 40 bucks on this sucker

i also ran across the square enix sale on PSN this week so i got Final Fantasy 5 and Final Fantasy 6 both at five dollaz. Plan on playing those. I got Alice: returns to madness last week as well. Im booked up for a long while.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and hopefully a little Halo Reach online and Last Story.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

I think this is the first time in weeks that I haven't been playing a game that is over 15 years old.

Windy

Windy said:

I have been mainly playing Ragnarok DS for the last week. I have such a backup of DS and 3DS games. I did take a break to play Etrian Odyssey's demo this week which doesn't dissappoint. Im looking forward to both Etrian Odyssey and Animal Crossing.

DreaddJester

DreaddJester said:

Fire Emblem Awakening and Etrian Odyssey 4. So hard to decide which one of the two I want to play from moment to moment.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

@Tech101 I haven't jumped back in since I wrote the blurb for the piece but I like it quite a bit. It's quirky and showing its age just a teensy bit but im excited to play more. Playing with a WaveBird makes me nervous about Dark Moon, though; it seems like the C-stick is being replaced with gyro controls to trap ghosts, which I think sounds not so fun.

I'm concerned that waving the 3DS around will affect the stereoscopic part and that happens to be one of the things I'm excited about for Dark Moon. The mansion and camera angles seem perfect for a diorama-style presentation, like what worked greatly in Sticker Star's favor, so the thought of having to sacrifice that for gimmicky motion controls sounds like a bad deal. Not too long to find out though!

Fredlepirate

Fredlepirate said:

Just finished Fire Emblem Sacred Stone on GBA, had the game for 8 years... never put a lot of time into it until 2 weeks ago, after 30 hrs i finally beat that great game. Now playing Fire Emblem Awakening, few hours into it and im addicted.

flightsaber

flightsaber said:

Super Smash Bros Brawl. My 3DS has been off for nearly a month (longer than ever, since I owned it), but that's mostly due to time constraints. I still have to beat the last few missions of Kid Icarus, haven't finished Mario 3D Land, am halfway through my first run ever of Ocarina of Time (how did I miss this on N64?), and just unlocked the Abyss difficulty on Revelations over Christmas. My Wii is still pretty new (I tend to be a home console generation behind), and I plan on tackling Mario Galaxy and DKC Returns before the fall.

fishwilson

fishwilson said:

I'm playing through the Yakuza series and are now on number 3, and boy these games really have a lot of stuff to do if you are so inclined (which it seems I am). Will probably be a couple of weekends more before I can move on to number 4.