Nintendo Direct: Watch The North American Presentation Live

Posted by Damien McFerran

Check out the latest 3DS and Wii U news

Love is in the air this Valentine's Day as Nintendo of America is offering up direct access to the very latest 3DS and Wii U news.

At 6am Pacific time / 9am Eastern time Nintendo will be broadcasting a new Nintendo Direct which will hopefully contain plenty of red-hot news relating to the company's upcoming software.

You can watch the entire presentation on this very page, and we'll also be providing live comments on breaking events.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

14:38

That's all folks! What did you think?

14:37

Exclusive video available today for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

14:37

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D coming to 3DS!

14:37

Reggie!

14:36

Disney Infinity toys ahoy!

14:35

14:35

NFS: MW is the first Wii U game to incorporate Miiverse in-game

14:34

NFS Most Wanted - March 19th for Wii U

14:34

14:33

Castlevania Mirror of Fate - we cannot wait for this!

14:32

Toko Tori 2 is looking sweet!

14:32

I want that office!

14:31

$389.99 for that ZombiU set

14:31

Feb 17th for ZombiU NA Deluxe bundle

14:31

Now that's one cool deal!

14:30

14:29

eShop games sale GET

14:29

14:29

Harvest Moon and Legend of the River King coming to 3DS Virtual Console

14:28

14:27

Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger also coming to the eShop!

14:27

Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis on the Move coming to 3DS eShop

14:26

14:26

Kersploosh! Looks interesting!

14:25

Pokemon tunes in HarmoKnight. I'm sold.

14:24

eShop games now!

14:24

Ninja Gaiden download available now!

14:23

LEGO City for 3DS is an entirely new game, with a different story

14:22

LEGO City Undercover details now, for both Wii U and 3DS

14:22

OK, this image wins the internet today

14:21

Animal Crossing styles coming to Style Savvy Trendsetters today!

14:20

14:19

Animal Crossing: New Leaf hits NA June 9th

14:19

Animal Crossing New Leaf details now

14:17

She seems nice!

14:16

Fire Emblem DLC available today for $2.50

14:16

New DLC coming for Fire Emblem!

14:16

Hi Bill!

14:15

Zelda Miiverse community available TODAY!

14:14

ZELDA KLAXON

14:13

DLC will feature Luigi, called New Super Luigi U!

14:13

DLC for New Super Mario Bros U!

14:12

Mario Golf World Tour hitting the 3DS this summer!

14:12

Developed by Camelot, as usual!

14:11

New Mario Golf for 3DS!

14:11

Mario and Luigi Dream Team coming this summer!

14:10

Game sorry, not games! Oops! Got too excited there!

14:10

New Mario and Luigi games for 3DS!

14:10

14:09

14:08

Are you man enough to beat the Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Scarescraper?

14:08

Multiplayer modes being discussed now...

14:08

Seriously, how good does Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon look?

14:07

Ant - this is looking really, really great :D

14:07

BOO!

14:06

Before you can suck in a ghost, you need to stun them - sounds a bit like Ghostbusters to us!

14:06

The legend himself!

14:05

14:04

Luigi's Mansion is looking lovely!

14:04

Only joking, of course. It's Bill's voice!

14:03

Miyamoto's voice is strangely American, isn't it? Who would have thought?

14:03

Miyamoto! Miyamoto! It's his Nintendo Direct debut!

14:02

Luigi certainly has a lot of history!

14:01

The year of Luigi!

14:01

Nice hat, Iwata!

13:48

What are you all expecting? A new Zelda? Metroid? Or stuff we've seen already?

13:46

15 minutes and counting!

12:03

Is your body ready?

MrValtor

MrValtor said:

Did you guys see the EB list with Watch_Dogs and Rainbow 6 Patriots for Wii U ?

EdwardCORE

EdwardCORE said:

I do hope they announce the GBA VC for the 3DS. It is about time. It's been what, two whole years since Ambassador? And a good surprise would be SNES VC for 3DS and GameCube VC for the Wii U, with a proper and decent version of Four Swords running through the game pad screen as the GBA. And I still have hopes for a Dreamcast VC on Wii U. Boy, wouldn't that be sweet? One can dream.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I was just told Japan is getting a direct. We could get some big news after all. Nintendo Network 3D and Fire Emblem spotpass maps are all I ask.

BATRA

BATRA said:

lets hope we hear some news from headstrong games that the battalion wars 3 is coming to the wii u and star fox is coming to the wii u as well

SuperMario85

SuperMario85 said:

My 3DS is ready! For some new games and a 3DS Miiverse app would be cool. Having GBA and SNES games coming to the VC would be great news as well.

EdwardCORE

EdwardCORE said:

And yes, more GameCube HD remakes, please! F-Zero, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double-Dash, Metroid Prime, just to name a few. And Capcom, yes, you Capcom, be nice an bring us back Viewtiful Joe and PN.03 in HD and get that Okami HD running on my Wii U as well!

MrMario02

MrMario02 said:

Since Thursday is eshop update day, THEY COULD TALK ABOUT NEW ESHOP RELEASES TODAY!

Savino

Savino said:

Ppl are getting crazy!
There will be no major wiiu annoucements! My guess is that they will talk about tank3 being free today on The New World!

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

Pikmin 3! Pikmin 3! Pikmin 3!
Wait what's this? I have to go to class first? NOOOOOOOOOOooooo.....

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

How long until it starts?
I just got home from work & really wanna watch but fear I may crash out very soon lol

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Ubisoft should be giving us 2 3DS VC and 2 Wii VC games for $1 as an apology for Rayman Legends. I think that is a true sorry, not some stupid demo for a game no one wants anymore.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Sweet, thanks guys! I think ill get some caffiene into me & watch it, looking forward to it.

toa95

toa95 said:

I am in class right now so I will have to use the live text updates. Thanks Nintendo Life for having those for people who can't watch the live stream!

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

Taking a moment to thank my boss for giving me this wonderful day off. Hoping for some good news from Reggster

catsrnice

catsrnice said:

YES YES YES YES YES MARIO AND LUIGIG RPG 4 I KNEW IT (Called it on the last post)

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team eh. :/ I knew there had to be one in the works for 3DS somewhere at Nintendo.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

great news on razors edge this means it get's the extras the PS3 and 360 version will be getting

still love it on Wii U

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

I can deal with a June 9th release date for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Glad they finally confirmed an actual release date now instead of later.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Minis On The Move , sounds like a fun title to try out for myself when it hits the eShop.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Kersploosh AKA my least favorite part of GOW3.

Well besides all the stuttering this has been a really good ND so far. Can't wait to see how it ends.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

@rjejr: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team made this Nintendo Direct worth it imo. I mean, who doesn't love that RPG series.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Wait a min. , I thought they said before that Monster Hunter 3 for 3DS wouldn't have online play like how the one in Japan did?

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

Lame, no 3DS Zelda.
Only good announcement was the release date for Animal Crossing

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

most excited for:
mario luigi dream team
harmoknight
super mario U Luigi version
mario and donkey kong minis game
and i'm gonna get that wiistreet U asap, free is always fun

EdwardCORE

EdwardCORE said:

I was really expecting at least the GBA games on 3DS VC. Guess we'll have to wait a little more. Maybe a lot more. Not disappointed at all, though. Great games are coming. That's a good thing.

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

And that's a wrap! My initial thoughts:
Everything is looking pretty savvy making me more excited for monster hunter, Lugi's Mansion, The new Mario and Luigi Game, HarmoKnight, and so forth.

Getting to be a wonderful year for Nintendo!

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

This is the first Nintendo Direct that was actually great! A new Mario Golf (FINALLY) for the 3DS, Animal Crossing has a street date (FINALLY), and a new March of the Minis game. Plus sale eShop games. My birthday came early this year. :)

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

How the heck can you bring over a game with Wii graphics to 3DS? I would have been happy if they had like a Donkey Kong 64 3D as a surprise announcement instead. I don't know if I like the idea of a game like Donkey Kong Country Returns being remade for 3DS.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Awesome! Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS remake, new eShop Mario vs. Donkey Kong sequel, Harmoknight, and New Super Luigi U? This is amazing! This was a great Nintendo Direct, thanks Nintendo! :D

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

why do people think miiverse is ever EVER going to show up on the 3ds? it's not powerful enough to support that much of a game suspension to load that many communities, plus there's no nintendo id setup for 3ds

Xilef

Xilef said:

Great Nintendo Direct. Lots of great 3DS games coming! The NSMBU DLC sounds fantastic?

pkee

pkee said:

So many great new games coming out... and the Wii U keeps getting better and better, with genuinely intuitive and different features like the Google Street View App being added as well as in-game miiverse interaction, I can't wait till Summer :)

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

^Oh wait, the DKCR game is a remake?? (can't see the video here at work).....well, that's cool too...was hoping for a new one.

neumaus

neumaus said:

This is the first Nintendo Direct I've ever watched...and it was incredible o_o! Aw man, I want like five of those games they announced. Gaming is such an expensive hobby :P
And yes yes yes, NEW CONTENT FOR STYLE SAVVY YES <333
I'ma get right on that ;D (I also want that new Fire Emblem character...).

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

I will admit, Nintendo makes it feel like they abandoned E3 2013 with all the heavy hitting news they're bringing us lately. First the Wii U Direct not too long ago. And now this Nintendo Direct today. I really can't wait for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team , Mario Golf 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. TRULY gonna be a great year for Nintendo. ;)

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

lame no hint on 3ds miiverse or more pkm footage :( only good was luigis mansion and nsmbu dlc

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

@Marioman64

All the reason why I keep thinking Nintendo is abandoning the idea of even bringing Miiverse over to the 3DS in the long run. I mean, it's more better suited to run on Wii U than it is to run on 3DS imo. Not that I'm hating on the 3DS. That's just the way how I see this all playing out.

rjejr

rjejr said:

In case anybody is wondering - biggest difference between EU and US seems to be MH3U bundles (Wii U and 3DS) in the EU. Maybe the US will get them in 3 months.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Some great stuff. I'm a little burnt out on having so many games Mario related, and 3rd party support on Wii U still sounds pretty lackluster. Still great show, needs me some Dream Time.

Icarus423

Icarus423 said:

I like how Reggie said Donkey Kong hasn't had a game of his own on 3ds, so they port his Wii game to it. Come on, give us some new content.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

It was okay. Happy to see more titles to come but I felt it was a bit heavy on the Mario series. I was hoping for some localization

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

yeah it erked me too when they said there bringing the donkey kong game to the 3ds instead of a sequel or a new game of its own

catsrnice

catsrnice said:

Best news was Dream Team, which is the best Mario series now that Paper Mario got washed out.

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

I am pumped for Dillon's Rolling Western: the Last Ranger.

It kills me that Dillon's first outing got mixed reviews. Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (QForce), a somewhat similar game for PS3, also got panned undeservedly. People seem to get all mad when they have to think during a game instead of just plowing straight forward. I hope they keep the tower defense aspects together for the Last Ranger.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I don't get why ppl are complaining about Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D on 3DS. It's not like this is the first time Nintendo did this, even back in the days, Donkey Kong Country was also ported to the handheld Game Boy (as Donkey Kong Land). DKCR on 3DS is a sweet deal, I just hope they got a sequel for the Wii U planned soon too. Also the new Mario & Luigi RPG had me excited now especially after the disappointing Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

krunchykhaos

krunchykhaos said:

If direct is this big, i have a feeling they are saving all their nuclear strikes for E3. Think bout it.

kereke12

kereke12 said:

I was really please with the news but I expected more for example a 3ds community but who knows what nintendo has in store for us all.

enjoievan

enjoievan said:

anyone else think bill trinen's facial expressions strangely resemble those of chris-chan?

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Anybody download the new outfits in Ninja Gaiden? I started the game and there was no update and I don't see anything on the Eshop.

mikeyman64

mikeyman64 said:

"But this is a videogame..."

Best line in the video! Thanks Nintendo, for remembering what's important!

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

DKCR sweet i haven't played a donky kong game since i had DKC on GBA Man im So Glad to have a 3DS ahhhh then DLC Fire Emblem new Mario games then Eshop ahhh this is heavn XD

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

Very nice reveals BUT I was hoping for news of the 3DS XL releasing in more colors. Does anyone know if black is coming to the U.S.?