Mythical Pokémon Meloetta Available at GameStop in March

Posted by Andy Green

Music to our ears

Pokémon fans in North America are to receive a special treat in March, as the mythical Meloetta will become available to download onto your Pokémon Black and White or Pokémon Black and White 2 cartridges at GameStop.

Meloetta is a Normal Pokémon that can double up to become either a Psychic or a Fighting type during an actual battle. Yes, Meloetta has two formes that can change mid-battle. Upon receiving Meloetta from GameStop it will be in its Aria forme, which gives it a Normal and Psychic combination. The melody 'mon can change into its Pirouette forme by performing the move Relic Song, which results in it becoming a Normal and Fighting type.

This rare Pokémon will be available for three weeks, between 4th and 24th March.

GameStop will disperse Meloetta in its Aria forme. It will be Level 50 and comes with the moves Close Combat, Teeter Dance, Psychic, and Round. As you may have noticed, you'll need to teach it Relic Song, if you want to change formes mid-battle.

Will you be rushing down to GameStop to get hold of Meloetta, North Americans? Check out the video below showing the new Pokémon in action and let us know what you think in the comments section.

[via siliconera.com]

Related Games

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Unlike the Japanese Lv. 15 one; Meloetta here comes at Lv. 50 and gets Close Combat earlier. I guess that makes up for getting it so late.

I'm glad Meloetta wasn't forgotten for us. Will totally use her, or rather 'it' but it looks like it should have a gender.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Once I get Meloetta I've finally completed the pokedex! Until the next instalment in the series comes......

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

WOO-HOO!! Excellent!!! It really is "Music to our ears!" ^__^ I will get this for all 3 of my versions! Hahaha!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i'm definitely getting this although i feel really stupid being 30 and going into eb games to get this. I wish they would have just released it over wi-fi

EvilLucario

EvilLucario said:

Again: Genesect.

Or Scizor.

No thanks, on the team-based side. However, I'll still pick this up to complete my collection of Pokemon. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

My kids were bugging me about this a couple of weeks ago but thanks for the reminder. Im taking them to Nintendoworld on the 3rd so looks like a couple of Pokemon focused days for us.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Will you be rushing down to GameStop to get hold of Meloetta, North Americans? Damn straight I am!:) I'll get it on all 4 of the compatible game paks.

NinGamer

NinGamer said:

Anyone in North America i have black (the original), looking to share friend codes so we can battle? Plz?

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Canada has to wait til March 9 to get Meloetta at a Gamestop in that country. I'll be sure to remember to do that after the Toronto ComiCon.