Mario And Donkey Kong: Minis On The Move Winding Up For 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Too cute

It's been confirmed during today's Nintendo Direct presentations that the Mario and Donkey Kong series is getting a new instalment in the shape of Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move.

The game is part of the same series which gave us Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, and focuses on solving fiendish puzzles. The game will boast special 3D sections and will allow players to create their own puzzles.

There's no release date as yet, but we'll keep you posted on that score. In the meantime, check out the official trailer below.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

This is actually the first Mario VS. Donkey Kong game I've been interested in since Minis March Again! Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Minis On The Move looks promising and should be real enjoyable. Can't wait for this game to hit the eShop.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

This looks amazing! Mini Mario gameplay in a 3D view? I dreamed of a game like this and it came true! Seriously! I also dreamed of a 3DS Mario & Luigi and it came true too! I kinda saw Mario Golf 3DS coming already though...

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Looks great. Still wish they'd go back to having you directly control Mario like in Donkey Kong '94 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong but love the series either way.

elekid

elekid said:

Great, I've always liked Mario vs DK. The eShop is the perfect home for its bite-sized puzzles.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

This looks amazing. Looks like Mario and DonkeyKong got refreshed.
Hopefully this game has some sort of Donkey Kong aspect.

kereke12

kereke12 said:

Sounds good I have the first and second one so why not ill be looking forward into playing it.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I'll keep an eye on this. The Mario and Donkey Kong title has me intrigued because there's not "vs." in it. Are Mario and Donkey Kong partners and not rivals in this game?

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

Minis again, baaaaaaaaah. I wish they'd make another game like Donkey Kong 94 and the GBA Mario vs DK. I really REALLY enjoyed those games and wish there was a third. The Minis are alright, but I'm a touch bitter that they abandoned the DK 94 style for nothing but Minis. How many Minis games are there now including this one, 4?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I'm a big fan of the series. They've changed the versus to and suggesting a different role for DK. Cannot wait. Incredible amount of 3ds software I want.

NImH

NImH said:

I too want to see a return to Donkey Kong GB and Mario vs Donkey Kong 1. I like controlling Mario more than setting forth a bunch of minis like Lemmings.

tddct89

tddct89 said:

I don't get it. I enjoyed minis march again for a bit, but I kind of regretted paying for it shortly after. Why not give us a new Mario vs DK like the gameboy advance one? If it's not broken dont fix/change it Nintendo. A Mario vs DK sequel that plays similar to the first one on Wii U could look amazing considering Very little work needs to go into variety, the variety in the first one was just in the level design not the environments, which I think is why it looked so amazing for a GBA title. sigh sometimes I wish I decided which games got the green light at Nintendo, but considering all racing and most RPG games would never be released I would quickly send the company to its grave.

tddct89

tddct89 said:

@MultiMariosonic You should have saw the Mario and Luigi game coming as well, I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but they were great titles and are a fairly regular series on Nintendo handhelds aren't they?

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeahhh, another Mini Mario game! Just what the world needed!

But sarcasm aside: This is a bit different, the franchise going 3D! It does look somewhat interesting, and I might download it if the price is right!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I HATE what they've done with this series. Screw the minis, but this entry seems more appealing then the previous two... Hope there's a demo.

Bluerobin2

Bluerobin2 said:

I might get it... It all depends on nintendolife's review and the price. I'm counting on you nintendolife!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Ulala: Good question.

Also, to / @everyone: saying about the Minis, I basically agree. I'd really prefer a return to the concept of DK94. MVDK on GBA was also good, though I even place that a click lower than DK94. Apparently, I'm not in the majority, as Nintendo seems to be profiting from the Minis titles. Otherwise, there wouldn't be 3, or 4 of them(There's @ least 3!).

I'll wait, & see. But I'm right now gonna say I'll probably pass, unless it's really good, since there are other eShop titles I would like to get.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

At first I was like, "oh, a new Mario V DK? Disappoint.", Then I saw the gameplay style, and it looks fun. I'll get this one.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Thought they were over these already. Also It looks like the shift to 3D made the levels more simplistic and harder to actually play on. #Firstimpressions

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Too many mini titles. Going back with the DK 94 and MvsDK would be cool. But these new puzzles seems refreshing. Might get this.