GameStop Lists Watch Dogs Wii U For Preorder

Posted by Damien McFerran

Wishful thinking or inside knowledge?

Last week, we reported on the rumour that Ubisoft's Watch Dogs was Wii U-bound. The story was the result of a leak of promotional materials which stated that the game was coming to "All home consoles".

That rumour has been given a little more weight by the fact that GameStop has posted a preorder listing for the game.

Will you be placing an order, or do you think this is just a case of GameStop taking a wild guess based on the earlier rumours? Post a comment to let us know what you think.

UPDATE: Best Buy also has a listing for the game. Read into that what you will!

[via gamestop.com]

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I watched a video on this game and it looks beyond awesome , I can't wait to get this it just looks amazing !

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I don't think this gives it any more weight (mainly because it was already a solid rumour). Last weeks news came from promo items being sent out to retail saying it would be on all home consoles, so this is just the next step from that, not really a new development. Pretty sure it's coming.

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

this will be the first game im suprised at the wii u getting, hoping well get more of these triple A titles coming in the future.

bahooney

bahooney said:

I just hope this comes out before or after Super Luigi U. Wanna give Watch Dogs a fighting chance upon release. A same-day release would blow my mind, it probably wouldn't even sell.

AmishThunder

AmishThunder said:

It's definitely coming to the Wii U. Gamestop will not offer preorders on speculative releases.

Savino

Savino said:

Retails stores have more info about products than the biggest gaming ites like IGN or Gamespot?!
Is it possible?

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

That will be a definite must towards the Wii U Library. With a shiny game Like watch dogs, really see how much the console can pack a punch.

It'll Take me to the days where the gamecube can rival in terms of display with the ps2 and xbox.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I'm not into violent games. Just good games. This looks like a good game. I might wait until it's a bit cheaper than day one but this game is definitely on my wish list (only if it's released on WiiU though).

tsm7

tsm7 said:

I've been waiting for a good game set in Chicago... Why GTA never did beats me.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Well as I said before, if this version is as good (or better) as the others and it releases at the same time as the other consoles, I'll forgive Ubisoft for the Rayman fiasco.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

This will go a long way towards restoring Ubisoft's image with Nintendo fans. Not as long as Beyond Good and Evil 2 would...

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Frankly, I'd be surprised if it didn't come to Wii U. This and Blacklist.

Ubisoft has always been a big Nintendo supporter, even on Wii. I always figured the reason we didn't see more quality games from them was due to the issue of raw power. Now that the power is there we are seeing games like ZombiU and Assassin's Creed.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

@gojiguy @DePapier Amazon is somewhat known for the speculative nature of many of their upcoming product pages. For example, they've had The Star Wars Holiday Special DVD listed for years, despite the fact that that product was never planned to exist.

Jaco

Jaco said:

I think this game could work really well on WiiU, with the gamepad and all. It would be very interesting to see what they would do with the gamepad

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Well, if the gameplay's anything like Hitman then I'll give it a look; the concept doesn't really appeal though.

Farmboy74

Farmboy74 said:

The gameplay mechanic does lend itself to the gamepad, I couldn't see how it would work better on any other platform. If it got good reviews then I would add it to my list of games to buy. But until either Ubisoft or Nintendo officially announce this for Wii U, I'm still treating this as rumor and speculation

PK_Wonder

PK_Wonder said:

I normally don't jump onto new retail IPs so quickly, but something about Watch Dogs just caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I'm probably going to go pre-order this later. (Worst case scenario, I have $5 in store credit and buy it on PC instead). This is almost definitely coming to Wii U though. I can't imagine any future Ubisoft game not.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Wishful thinking or inside knowledge?"

Neither! Just a wild guess, like always! Though it seems to be officially announced now, but this is just a coincidence!