"Emergency Maintenance" Planned For Nintendo Online Services on 26th February

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Don't get too excited

It seems we have a monthly trend of service maintenance kicking into effect with Nintendo online functionality, as more "Emergency Maintenance" is on the way in major territories next week. There was a round of downtime on various platforms on 28th January, and a similar period is on the way from 26th February, or very late on the 25th if you're on Pacific Time in North America.

The broad range of affected services, including DS games, suggests that we shouldn't expect any visible changes on our systems or online games. It seems this is becoming a regular process for Nintendo, though the UK message sensibly calls it "Temporary Maintenance", as opposed to Nintendo of America's rather excitable word choice of "emergency". In any case, below are the U.S Pacific times and details, accompanied by the matching UK times in brackets — the maintenance is at the same equivalent time in each region.

From Monday, February 25, 2013 11:00 PM - Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time

(From (approx.) Tuesday, 26 February 2013 07:00 to Wednesday, 27 February 2013 01:00 UK time.)

Affected Services:
Nintendo DS
Network Services
Pokémon Black Version
Pokémon White Version
Pokémon Black Version 2
Pokémon White Version 2

From Monday, February 25, 2013 4:00 PM - Monday, February 25, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time

(From (approx.) Tuesday, 26 February 2013 00:00 to Tuesday, 26 February 2013 01:00 UK time.)

Affected Services:
Wii U
Match Making, Ranking, etc.
NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor’s Edge
WARRIORS OROCHI® 3 Hyper

*During the emergency maintenance, parts of the affected services may be intermittently unavailable.

So there you go, just so you don't wonder what the heck is going on (particularly with Pokémon services being down for the longest period), and at least 3DS seems to be dodging the bullet this time around.

[via nintendo.com, nintendo.co.jp, gonintendo.com]

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Seriously the sooner they speed up the menu loading the better. While were on the topic of patches, is there any more news on zombieu's patch and the details

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Five-seveN it does? I thought the EU eShop gets updated on Thursdays/Fridays (Fridays for us Aussies). We just get told about it here on NL on Tuesdays (most of the time, sometimes NoE is late).

Yay Wii U is only affected for an hour, & Sonic Racing Transformed isn't affected anyway so all is well in the world again :p

daveh30

daveh30 said:

@Marioman64 Impossible? Nintendo already said they were doing it. I wouldn't expect it to be the exact same, but its definitely not impossible.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I hate to say this being on the negative side of things here. But I do agree with @Marioman64 about the whole Miiverse NOT coming to the 3DS. I'm not saying it will anytime soon, but I am saying not anytime AT ALL! Honestly all, if it was to come out on 3DS , it would have been here by now.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

Anyone who thinks that Miiverse is impossible on 3DS is sadly mistaken. Whether it comes or not, it IS possible.

Beta

Beta said:

How could it be impossible when Nintendo itself confirmed it will several times? Could people just get any less informed these days? sigh

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

I hear the maintenance is due to them switching offices-and therefor servers etc.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Dat Super Mario Bros pic made my day, lol.

Also, "Don't get too excited"? Too late, I'm already hoping for a GBA VC.

thesnowdog

thesnowdog said:

For those doubting Miiverse on the 3DS, it's all done with XML. Miiverse will run fine on it. You'll probably have a few restrictions but it shouldn't be too different.

Rod64

Rod64 said:

They shouldn't spread panic by using the world "emergency".
It's just a maintence.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Miiverse on 3DS would most likely be browser based at most. It's the only thing that you can access during actual gameplay. I thought letterbox would do it but it won't. Also no pop ups during gameplay that let us know who is online is a big annoyance to me.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@Vayby_Brown:

Way to show some willpower, man. Seriously, there's some maintenance and you sell your 3DS? I'm not really into arguing in comments, but this is a handheld, for Rosalina's sake! You can't wait for four days? Seriously? You need your 3DS to be constantly connected to the net? Oh wait, you've gotta be trolling. Almost got me there for a minute, congrats.

Next thing I do, you know, if the next eShop update doesn't have a 1€ port of Super Mario Galaxy, I'll sell my 3DS too. I mean, come on.

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

for all you ignorent people say miiverse wont come to 3ds yall are just dum they said it thousands of times in i dought if it browser based, 3ds has not had a true major update in a while with that update they can make better multitasking Make the system run Faster add new apps in they can even Put miiverse were Friendslist in game note in the Browser is Stop saying its not come because it is.

Windy