Code of Princess Fighting Its Way to the European 3DS eShop "This Spring"

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The wait should be over soon

Code of Princess ushered in a brave new world of download only "retail" games for 3DS, arriving packed full of content and a price point that would be expected of a boxed game in stores. Its October arrival in North America excited hack n' slash gaming fans — as well as those with some retro sensibilities and a love of hand-drawn graphics — while bringing hours and hours of single player, online co-op and competitive online matches to Nintendo's handheld. We certainly liked it, awarding 9/10 in our Code of Princess review.

After a rather long wait with limited details, Nintendo of Europe boss Satoru Shibata took the opportunity during Nintendo Direct to confirm that the title will arrive in the region this Spring; while a precise date would have been nice, that window does at least place release within the next few months.

To celebrate the announcement Nintendo UK has released a new trailer, below. How many of you in Europe plan to pick this up, or are you in North America and yet to take the plunge? Check out the footage and let us know what you think.

Phle

Phle said:

This will probably be my first retail game download on my 3DS.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I'm in two minds about this game, the fan service looks tragic but ACE+ did do the soundtrack... hmm

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

It's a shame that this game's download only (in US it has great cover).

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

It will be full price, why should it be cheaper? Its an awesome game to boot!

oOo-Sega-oOo

oOo-Sega-oOo said:

If it's around £30 maximum then i'll be dropping the cash for this tittle. Anymore and i'll wait for a price drop. Looks a really awesome title and with it been compared to Guardian Heroes makes me want it even more. Roll on release day!!

Dunban

Dunban said:

that was my personal highlight of the past 3ds direct. under 20€ an instant buy, above maybe after a i`ve played a demo. thats exacly the sort of games we need on the 3ds

AVahne

AVahne said:

"Code of Princess ushered in a brave new world of download only "retail" games for 3DS,"
er...it was a packaged retail game as well I believe, in America at least. The first "download only retail game" for 3DS is Unchained Blades, as far as I know at least.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I wish there was a month given as the release. Being an Aussie it's a bit hard to determine dates from seasons.

DePapier

DePapier said:

@Bankai I'm right with you on this one. You know what they say about Japanese female character design: the lighter the armor, the better the defense. :)

Araknie

Araknie said:

When i saw it will not be in stores i died a little.

I cannot buy online until it's account driven.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Not paying that much for a game without a box. If it weren't for region-locking i'd have imported the game the moment they revealed it'd be download-only.