Zen Pinball 3D DLC Still In The Works

Posted by Andy Green

Wii U version will get a release date soon

Zen Pinball 3D has been out for over a year in both North America and Europe, and the game's developer, Zen Studios, has been working on some additional DLC for it - however it hasn't been mentioned in a number of months.

Those worried that the DLC has been cancelled can now breathe a large sigh of relief, as Zen Studios has confirmed via Twitter that it is still in the works.

It looks as though we'll have a release date for Wii U eShop title Zen Pinball 2 soon as well. The game was originally meant to be released before New Year but was pushed back to a vague January 2013 release. Zen Pinball 2 will initially be free to download, with trials of tables to help you decide which ones you want to buy. We recently spoke to Zen Studios in detail about its pinball releases, if you'd like more details and insight from the studio.

Are you looking forward to seeing some DLC for Zen Pinball 3D, or will your money be put towards Zen Pinball 2? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Related Games

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

yes, looking forward. the Zen Pinball games are excellent value for money

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

"Wii U version will get a release date soon"
How about 24/1?
Source: Nintendo UK site.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Been waiting for done DLC on both there pinball games for 3DS, Also CastleStorm :)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Yep! Been waiting on that dlc for about 4 months now. I really hope its worth the wait!!

ejamer

ejamer said:

I'm still interested in DLC for Zen Pinball 3D. Great game, and although it has dropped out of my 3DS rotation for now a few extra tables would surely breath new life into the title.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Glad to hear it! IIRC, the Marvel tables were eventually going to be DLC, but they decided to make them another game. I thought that meant the DLC was out of the picture, but apparently not!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@EvisceratorX You're right about that but Zen was waiting forever and a day for the dlc to become available on Nintendo's side so they decided to just release it as it was. Had Nintendo had dlc from the beginning I believe we would have more tables by now so I blame Nintendo and not Zen for such a long delay with the dlc!

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

I'll have to see what tables the 3D DLC are, because I want to get some tables when the Wii U version finally gets released.

weirdproq

weirdproq said:

I can't wait for the 3DS version DLC. I hope the 3DS version gets the Plant vs. Zombies table and maybe the Rocky and Bullwinkle table.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Kinda awful you guys have to wait so long. I have a PS3 and a Vita so I had access to all of these ages ago.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I was hoping there would be DLC.., I still play Zen Pinball 3D religiously :)