The Big Wii U Survey

Posted by Anthony Dickens

So, what do you think of Wii U?

Chances are, if you're a dedicated Nintendo fan then you already own a Wii U console. Nintendo's latest hardware has a lot to live up to - its predecessor the Wii is one of the best-selling pieces of gaming hardware ever - but we personally think it's off to a good start, with some unique features, a great online community in the shape of Miiverse and some killer games to enjoy.

However, while we know our own opinions here at Nintendo Life, what we really want to know is what you guys think of the new console. Has it lived up to your expectations? Is there anything you would change? What are you hopes for the future? Perhaps you've yet to lay down the cash for a Wii U and have strong reasons for that? Now's your chance to let us know exactly what's on your mind.

This survey will give you the opportunity to praise the system, voice your concerns and - who knows - even shape the future of the Wii U. Even better, it will only take up a few minutes of your time.

Fields marked with a (*) are required

Nintendo Life - Wii U Survey
If Yes,
If No,
And finally...

Please enter your email address:

Please note that results of this survey may be shared with potential advertisers on Nintendo Life and it's sister websites, however no information will be used to identity an individual and will not be sold to a third party.

Thanks for taking part!

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Again, my opinion is that the Wii U is a good product that has been blighted by bad management on Nintendo's part. We need a clearer view of future software, both from first and third parties, improved UI functionality, a dedicated Virtual Console service, and better advertising. I love my Wii U, but I can understand some of the flack this console gets among the broader gaming community.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I have completed the survey. On second thought, I should have done the survey from my Wii U. :D

Tethers

Tethers said:

Most Wanted Game 2013: Wonderful 101

Hopefully it is still in development...

jdarrell

jdarrell said:

How many games is NintendoLand Deluxe, 1 retail, and 2 eshop? I put all 4.

luisterr

luisterr said:

Finished! Seriously though, Wii U only has one flaw...its loading times. Other than that, best Nintendo console ever!

Kirbybrawl

Kirbybrawl said:

I know the wii u will be very good in the future and miiverse is so much fun but the people I know that have it. It's too bad Mario u and Nintendo land don't have online multiplayer. Nintendo needs some new games and they will come but I doubt game and Wario and pikmin will be the must have games this year to push the console.

DePapier

DePapier said:

I bought my Wii U day one and just discovered that I missed SO MANY GOOD GAMES on the Wii. So after enjoying my NintendoLand and NSMBU, here I am now, stuck on Metroid Prime Trilogy. And the thing is, with that HDMI cable and that 16:9 display, Wii games look actually cooler than they ever did.
I'm gonna dive back on my Wii U games for multiplayer every now and then to teach a few friends a lesson on Metroid Blast, but as for now, the time is for me to discover the Wii's legacy. (I can't believe I even missed Galaxy and Other M...)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I want 1 and I'll buy one when it hits the Wii price point ($249 with a game) and there's a title I really want on it that I can't get on my PS3. Probably Pikmin 3.

Full disclosure, I bought my Gamecube when it hit $99, my PS2 when it hit $199, my PS3 when it hit $299, and my Galaxy Tab 2 when it dropped from $249 to $199. Basically I always wait for the inevitable price drop. I bought my Wii at launch for $249 b/c it came with Wii Sports and was cheap in comparison to the PS3 and Xbox360 AND I "won" the chance to buy it on Amazon. "Won" is in quotes b/c even though I won it I still had to pay full price for it, though no tax back then.

DeathCode

DeathCode said:

I'm done now give me Pokemon X and Pokemon Y also I want to see Animal Crossing on the damn Wii U.

Skotski

Skotski said:

Sentence: "Something I never knew I needed."

Seriously, I actually wasn't expecting much from it... but now I can barely push myself to play on the other systems because of its convenience as a home console. It's nice that I never lose the GamePad too... because I never know where my remote for the TV went.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

My sentence was "Promising, but incomplete." We haven't had a meaningful eShop update since launch; no Wii U Virtual Console yet; Wii backwards-compatibility is frustrating; third-party support looks dire long-term; no firm announcements on major first-party franchises except Super Smash Bros. Nintendo, this should be EASY. Get your heads out of the sand, LISTEN to your customers, OBSERVE your competitors, and make this thing fulfill its potential!

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Done. Pretty much had a solid line of checks when they asked about what made me buy a Wii U and what I like the most about it.

Kellx78

Kellx78 said:

Want to see more in the e shop and a virtual
Console with gamecube games and maybe Atari jaguar, dreamcast and other sega consoles

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I want one, but I can't afford one yet.I'm planing on being able to buy one once Monster Hunter is released.

I think Nintendo has done a really bad job at educating consumers as to what a Wii U is.
My friends who aren't really gamers but are interested in games have had to ask me what a Wii U is. Some think it's a hand-held,other just don't know what it is. They wonder if it's a hand-held, a console or something you use with a Wii. I think it would be a lot better if they called it a Wii Tuu(two).

UKFA

UKFA said:

And done. I put Rayman Legends because Bayonetta 2 doesn't have a release date yet. Man this year is going to be a good year for gaming.

Redxzero

Redxzero said:

This is the best console ever already and it is only going to get better. I have been playing since the NES era.

sym1

sym1 said:

I haven't commented for about 5 years but visit the site daily. I own a wii u from launch and love it. I just wish Nintendo would listen to the fans and just sort the virtual console ASAP and add the wii shop to the e shop so we can play are wii virtual console games on the gamepad! Then you have a system seller Nintendo. Please make it happen

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I always try and tick one answer if they ask 'what is the most important whatever', even when you can select more than one, but there were just so many equally valid answers this time that I had to tick all that applied! Great survey! Thanks.

KAHN

KAHN said:

my sentence "i've mostly been playing this for the wii backwards compatibility..."
launch titles just dont interest me.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

Just a few niggles to sort out that happens with every launch console, after that the Wii U will fast be on its way to being my personal favorite console. And that's really saying something because I own 6 DS Lites. Seriously, all I could say was just really positive stuff about it.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@DePapier
Kind of the same. I couldn't care less about super-heroes and having played Assassin's Creed on a friends Xbox and got incredibly bored by the endless tutorial there was no way I was touching that. So I bought the now heavily reduced Red Steel 2 with my Wii U. It's great!

russellohh

russellohh said:

Loving my Wii U. The MiiVerse is way behind what I expected. Playing all my old Wii games in HD is a big and unexpected plus- I know it is still broadcasting in 480i, and Fallout is a 720i resolution game, but just sending the signal through the HD cable versus a component cable has created a huge chance. Mario Bros Wii looks amazing, Super Mario Galaxy is far prettier, and even Final Fantasy 6 looks better. I've tested video games for years for various publishers, and I was surprised at the differences. Not much surprises me anymore, but the Wii U sure has

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

times are tough, but if there was a game out for it that i absolutely, positively HAD to have in order for my continued survival as a gamer, i would've had one at launch. I'll say to Nintendo what I've said to Sony about the Vita — give me a system-seller and i will find a way to make the cash happen.

AceTrainerAndy

AceTrainerAndy said:

Finished. I hope Miyamoto can get third party support, that will make me get hearts in my eyes. I really would like to see Far Cry 3 and GTA 5 on Wii-U . I bought wii-u for the fact that I am a Nintendo fanboy, and I was always jealous of watching my friends play really good multiplayer in full HD. I refuse to purchase a Microsoft or Sony console. Now that Nintendo has taken a big step in the right direction, I am happy, just need more third party support. I think this may be Nintendo's last console though. I think when the PS4/Xbox720 launches it will leave Wii-U in the dust just like the current consoles did to the Wii. The Wii-U will not be able to play the highly advanced games of the 720 and the PS4 so third party developers will once again leave us. I really hate to admit it, but I think this is NIntendo's last console, I think they will still make software (and hope). There were some serious mistakes at launch and in the console. They should have made it way more powerful to have a chance to against the next gen consoles. They also should have had a Zelda or 3D mario game at launch, I hope I am wrong though.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

No game from any console has exactly blown me away lately. I'm still waiting for the next big thing.

It was tough to choose what game I want as there is only "good" not "great" games on the horizon.

I can say without hesitation, though, that Wii U is Nintendo's most complete console yet. Quite polished.

Haywired

Haywired said:

I can't deny I'm slightly underwhelmed so far. I've only played Nintendo Land, but I can't seem to get that excited about it. I just keep coming away from it with the feeling that Nintendo thinks that touch screens and motion controls are still new and exciting and I don't really think they are anymore. But maybe I'm just a bit worn out on mini-game collections. I do think some of the mini-games are excellent, but some of them, trying to use sticks, buttons, two screens, a touch screen and motion controls are just a bit of a gimmicky, confused mess.

Abcdude

Abcdude said:

To be honest, my only problem with my wii U is that it's bricked once and froze so many times. Last night I turned off my wifi router and played the system for 3 hours straight without a single problem. I turned on my wifi, connected, and froze within 2 hours afterwards. if nintendo can fix those two issues, i'll give the wii U a perfect 10/10. but for now i'll just give it a 9/10.

fluggy

fluggy said:

Got 4 games. Zombiu was good. 8/10 for me. Mario n Black Ops good too. Got all the ports on PS3 so didn't bother with Wii U versions. Problem now is ... None of the games on the horizon interest me at all. Not one!!! Guess it'll be gathering cobwebs. Wish companies would commit to Wii U with up and coming games like Dead Space 3 or BioShock Infinite. True, commited 3rd party support would be a real blessing/miracle.

H0RNB4LL

H0RNB4LL said:

Huge nintendo fan, i hope they release another mario kart :) my fav is still the super nintendo version, got to love those balloon battles lol a lot of people are slating the wii U. i understand peoples frustrations with the freezing issue mine done it 7times in one day, so i returend the system, im now wii-less :( but i will pick up a new system within the next couple of months when new manufactured models are released, i want to make sure that the freezing issues are properly resolved. but as a console i cant fault nintendo, they are so much fun, i love the old skool style games,this is the reason i purchased a wii U in the first place its completly differant to all other consoles..

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

The real fireworks will be in the fall after Nintendo announces their REAL Wii U game line-up at E3. You just know they're gonna bringing out the big guns this fall!!!

SPEtheridge

SPEtheridge said:

@Rapadash6
totally agree there, i love the wii u my mate has one and i've really enjoyed it, but have yet to buy one for this reason have no clue what or when 1st party titles will be out and some of the biggest games this year are missing the wii u such as bioshock and gta 5, which is a real shame.

Suicune

Suicune said:

My sentence was "Wii U is truly outrageous, it is truly, truly, truly, outrageous."

Varia01

Varia01 said:

I greatly enjoy the Wii U so far. I put many compliments and few complaints in the survey. I hope it is riding towards a great future.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Two people mentioning system freezing. Has anyone else had this problem? I've been playing mine pretty solidly for a week, constantly connected to the internet, with no problems at all.

H0RNB4LL

H0RNB4LL said:

corn, mine constantly froze, was a real problem, but i still love the system, ill deff be picking up a new one when some more games become available.. its nothing that a software update wont fix aswell as some other tweeks here and there.. its a very common problem though, glad its not effected you :)..

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

@cornish are you lee ive just been talking to on trine2 community?mine froze a few times on miiverse but not had all glitches that some have

-KwB-

-KwB- said:

Come on, this is were our voice needs to be heard !! Biggest N community is right here !!!!!!!!!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@theblackdragon I'm right there with you. There are good games on Wii U and that's great, but for $350 (plus the extra for an external HD), I want a few AWESOME games for my money!

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

It's only been out for what, a month? And some people are already saying it's the best Nintendo Console ever? lol :p Right. Excitement getting the best of ya perhaps?

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I got my Wii U on Day One in North America, but if you didn't get your Wii U at launch or as a present during the holidays, then I recommend you wait until later in 2013. There's not enough games announced for 2013 at the moment, I hope the February Nintendo Direct can bring some new things though.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

That was fun. The Wii U is far from perfect but I do enjoy it. I'm highly enjoying the controller functionalities and the interface but I'm also questioning the choices for the horrible Wii emulation and lack of online features such as real time voice and text chat (not video chat) and cross game chat.

Reef7009

Reef7009 said:

We now have FIVE controllers for Wii U. The Gamepad , the pro controller , the wii remote , the nunchuk AND the classic controller. This is one thing that bugs me. Why nintendo why? Why can we play mario 3 with a wii remote yet mario world needs the classic ( which is naff! ) Why can we play castlevania rebirth with a wii remote yet castlevania 4 again demands the classic! Just do it with the wii U pro please nintendo! Please??

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I already answer. Did you give our responses to Reggie and Iwata?

I think one thing left, the ackward Wii Mode (i preffer something like the 3DS backward compatibility).

madgear

madgear said:

I answered it, rather negatively I must say. Thought it's worth me taking part, though. I'd love the Wii U to be a success and for me to want the console as there's not much to look forward to for me from either Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony in the foreseeable future. Sad times.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Done. I enjoyed voicing my opinions about the system. My sentence was basically: The Wii U is an impressive system and a very fun experience but there are still a few things that need improvement before it can reach its full potential.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm happy to be able to help spread awareness for the Wii U. Thanks for calling me amazing too.

Sup

Sup said:

In "other", I really should have mentioned how good the TV remote controlling function is. PSA, on many models of TV you can use the left control stick to more around a menu selection, eg choosing an input, then A or left click to select.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

It's a pain to have to admit I still don't owe one and have to answear to questions like "Why?" And "What could convince you to buy one"...
Many answears felt like stabbing Nintendo!!!

Come on! I still don't owe one, but that doesn't mean I have matters with the system or how Nintendo dealt the launch! Quite the opposite I'm between those thinking Nintendo did a PERFECT job ^O^

Just give me some extra time and I'll surely buy a WiiU, I really can't wait honestly :)

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@cornishlee
At first I didn't have any freezing at all. But lately it seems to lock up when leaving a game and returning to the home menu. Doesn't make much sense as I can have a game running open the browser, watch a youtube video and everything works fine but just closing out a program can cause it to loop. Though it seems that if I return to the start menu of a game it doesn't happen. Also miiverse works fine when playing games as well.

Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise said:

Love my wii u. Internet connection update only took twenty minutes, and my wifi usually sucks. Overall great sysytem so far.

LonDonE

LonDonE said:

@JJfromTexas @JJfromTexas
agreed, i love nintendo, but also sony, i own an game on all platforms, an after the xbox 360 red ring bull ian after owning a total of 7 xbox 3FixMes, i swore i would never buy another Microsoft console again,anyway i love my sony an Nintendo consoles an also game on my gaming pc, but so far the wii u has disappointed me allot, its not so much the console per se, but Nintendo as a whole! for starters not having a true 3d hd mario to show off the new console an capabilities was such an oversight, also to force people to use the gamepad is bull, Nintendo should have given the pro controller with every console,an make it a guaranteed alternative for all games so that way people allways have the choice,an also the user interface in my opinion feels so cheap,an the eshop, has had 2 demos an also with play limits, since launch in the uk, WTF? an then factor in that in the uk because of some silly german law we are unable to even watch a 18 video on the eshop is ridiculous!

an what the hell happen to advertising an promoting the console? sheesh , iwata is such a fail, i miss the gamecube an n64 an snes days, hiroshi yamauchi was so much better then iwata! sort it out nintendo

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Well I'm saving for an $800 trip to Orlando so I can't afford one right now. But I might be getting a job in 3 or 4 months so that'll help.

Vriess

Vriess said:

The price isn't what's holding me off from buying a Wii U right now (a price drop would be nice though), but I'm waiting for more 1st and 3rd party titles.

KAHN

KAHN said:

@Ideal_Hero #42
very true. i've been thinking about all these new possibilities that i can do, that being something i've already thought of. i'll get around to them eventually...

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

Just finished. Thanks for saying I'm amazing. ;)
As for what could convince me to buy one, there really wasn't much to pick except lower price (since I have very little money).

taffy

taffy said:

@LonDonE Would be nice if the system had more TV functions as well. Look at the PS3 which is cheaper and has bigger internal storage, it has bbc iplayer, 4 on demand and ITV player along with netflix and lovefilm . Don't see the point in getting it until they provide more services as I use the BBC Iplayer alot on my Wii

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

I'm already sold on the Wii U. It's easily the next console I'm going to own unless Microsoft or Valve does something unexpected to blow me away. But for now I already have a lot of games on 3DS and PC that I want to finish before I buy any new hardware. Game overload, man.

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

I really want some big-hit game announced soon and to come out soon (not after E3). It just seems like I'm not gonna be buying any Wii U game anytime soon, which is a bummer since I would love to play with my new system. Perhaps Rayman Legends will be the only one....

Bryon15

Bryon15 said:

I put down Star Fox U for most wanted upcoming game. I hope that rumor about retro studios making it is true.

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

My sentence was "Eh..." Basically, I've got nothing good or bad to say. Truth be told, at this point in time, I'm not bowled over.

lifer

lifer said:

Done!

For some of the multiple choice questions maybe it would have been better to limit the number of choices? For example, everyone is going to want those changes in the improvement question. This means the results will basically not say that anything, but limiting the maximum choices would deliver the "most desired changes".

My #1 for 2013: Lego City Undercover Stories!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I chose The Wonderful 101 as my #1 anticipated game, though LEGO city: Undercover was probably my actual #1 anticipated game but I felt like The Wonderful 101 needs some love too :p & I agree with @lifer, I was tempted to just choose all the improvements but chose my most wanted instead.

erv

erv said:

The wiiU is the best launch I've experienced yet. Great console, you really need to play one to get to appreciate it.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

@taffy and everyone else with the same opinion. Is that the same PS3 that set me back AU$800 and barring the user-upgradeable 60GB drive, had a high percentage of crap games - of the few that were available, and I'm guessing half the Wii U's number of titles - and none of the streaming services you listed.

It's taken SIX YEARS for what is, in consumer electronics terms, an 'ancient' design to reach it's current state and price-point.

Don't get me started on Sony's hokey-cokey on PS2-compatability (unlike the full Wii-only emulation experience of the Wii U), the removal of Linux operability because some geek has self-esteem issues, and the fact that the majority of Wii U titles are still cheaper than their cross-platform peers.

Have no doubt, I got a lot of gaming entertainment from my PS3 and for the life of it I got my money's worth but I find this continual bleating of the PS360 prices as a reason to complain taken completely out of context when the supporting list of features were not available at that price on launch and is as frustrating as hell to keep reading the same erroneous message.

What will the Wii U be like in 12 months, never mind 6 years?

A much better state, I imagine ;)

Sun

Sun said:

Wii U is between this and next generation so the support it will get from third parties in uncertain. :(

Araknie

Araknie said:

Ehm i can't partecipate, it needs an european version, there's plenty different here.

Wanderhope

Wanderhope said:

Has there been a console with more subtle nuances than the Wii U? I had so many reservations about a system that is difficult to convey even to core Nintendo fans, but I have been pleasantly surprised by most everything. Off-tv gameplay for nearly every game is just fantastic. I managed to recycle two laptop hard drives I had lying around with an enclosure to use as Wii U storage - and the process took mere seconds. The UI can be slow in places, but I love the layout, and Miiverse cannot be understated - its mix of twitter, Swapnote, and constant Superguide has me coming back to it daily. And the asymmetrical gameplay allows me to play Nintendo Land easily with my 4 year-old and 2 year-old - there is always something to do that they can handle. And the universal remote on the thing is TOP NOTCH and turned something I was "meh" about into an essential feature. It's no wonder Wii U is confusing, but my God, I love the thing. The launch lineup variety has also really impressed me. I usually get 1-2 games for a system at launch that have to last several months before anything else I like comes out - right now I have 5 Wii U games and I've only owned the system for a month.

Huachiman

Huachiman said:

In addition to playing Wii and VC games on the gamepad, it would also be cool to play 3ds games on the gamepad!!!

Magnet_Man018

Magnet_Man018 said:

GAAAAMES!! The Wii U needs a lot more games asap! C'mon Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101... C'mon F-Zero, 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Pikmin... GOGOGO!

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

Am I the only one who was disappointed with the console ? Wish I waited a year or 2 for the Wii u all w have it ports, lazy ports which have been on systems a year ago nothing is new. The Wii u has 3 unique games at the moment .. My advice to people who don't own the console is to wait a year or 3 and wait for Nintendo to get to the times with there downloadable issues..

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

^^^ honestly, after the examples set by the Wii, DSi, 3DS, and now even Sony's Vita I have no sympathy for early adopters this time around. there's no excuse for you to have not known what you were getting into. you get the privilege of owning the console before anyone else and if they give out free games, you'll get 'em. you don't have to wait if a particular title shows up that you happened to want and you don't have to worry about shortages down the line if you've already got yours. that's what you get for having gotten one at launch, not any guarantee that you'll be playing a bazillion awesome games from the jump. you get to be the first kid on the block with the new hotness to show off to everyone else, you get to enjoy online multiplayer games with the rest of the fledgling userbase, and then you get to wait and see when the really great gems will start showing up.

If that doesn't sound fun to you, don't buy a system at launch!

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

one thing i hate about the wii u is that the downloads are tied to the console like a ball and chain, why dose nintendo have to be so awkward with that ??

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

The Rayman Legends DEMO is better than MANY of the GAMES available for WiiU.
If the actual game is as good it will be one of the best games ever made!

Miss_Dark

Miss_Dark said:

I like the creative new way of gaming. Only Nintendo is innovative, Microsoft and Sony just "follow". That's why I keep appreciating Nintendo (even though I don't agree with their "new" target audience (since wii), I'm waiting for more serious games like we used to have in the SNES and N64 era)

Haywired

Haywired said:

Actually had a really good play of Nintendo Land today. I think I'm starting to get it (both the game and the console).

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Wait, was I mistaken, or did it ask if I downloaded videos from the eshop? I don't remember there being any such downloads. Am I missing them somewhere?

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

This is nothing new - we already pretty much knew this. What I want to know, is if I'll be able to upgrade my VC purchases from the Wii or if I'll have to rebuy the titles all over again to get the gamepad support. Will the WiiU VC even have all/most of the games on the Wii VC or will it just be newer generations?

brucelebnd

brucelebnd said:

I'm just going to wait to buy a Wii U. I can't justify spending $350 to just play Nintendo land. Most of the launch titles aren't worth $60. if you think about it you'd be spending 410+taxes if you bought a console and game. can anybody justify spending 400+ to play Mario, because I can't. some of the ports are good like Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City but both of them are $30 new on the 360, I doubt anybody is buying a Wii U just to play a game they can get for half the price on another system. I would have bought one if they had a Zelda or Metroid or even if they got Namco to port Tales of Vesperia the japanese PS3 version. I know I'm not in Nintendo of America market so I'll just wait until something good slips through the cracks.

DefiesGravity

DefiesGravity said:

I'll probably get this system eventually. I absolutely love Nintendo's mario games. They're solid, a blast to play and for some reason I'm sucked in by that stupid mario theme song. You'd think it's just for kids, but nos..... I... must... play... more... mario!!!

Sharingan029

Sharingan029 said:

I do like the look of the black system, and the screen in the controller, but honestly it seems more of a mimic than anything. Why create a system where you have to look at two different screens just to play?

SavageBlackWolf

SavageBlackWolf said:

JjfromTexas read my mind. Apparently i'll be getting a Xbox720, too, if Iwata and company can't wooo the 3rd parties. That man scares me by how out of touch he can be at times.

CowLaunch

CowLaunch said:

I'm sure NSBWiiU and Pikmin 3 utilise the GamePad well, but I think these games could still have been very well realised on the Wii, or even the GameCube. As such, it just doesn't feel as if the console is worth my money yet. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

@ohhaime honestly there is little reason not to buy it sooner at this point. I feel like I bought the PS Vita all over again..

defrb

defrb said:

The games will come, need a lot of time, the system is best ever excisted on earth! :P

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@JogurtTheYogurt
Tekken Tag 2, Ninja Gaiden 3 RE Black Ops 2 are not lazy ports in any aspect. Tekken 2 has a lot of new content. Razor's edge has an extreme amount of new content and Black Ops 2 takes advantage of the Game Pad in unique ways.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

May seem silly but I would love to see an EBAY app. I think it would be great to check out items on the big screen without having to get up and go to the puter.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@Token_Girl - I think your comment belongs on this story: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/virtual_console_games_will_eventually_be_playable_on_wii_u_gamepad_alone

@DefiesGravity
Honstely, it's fine and I find it quite comfortable (but maybe it just subconsciously harks back to the days where my only system was a Game Gear!). If you look on YouTube, there's a guy on there who's uploaded a video comparing all of the various different official system controllers at the moment. I can't say I agree with him on everything (the Duaslshock pads do tend to divide people, don't they?) but he was pleasantly surprised to conclude that the gamepad weighs about the same as an Xbox 360 controller.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@cornishlee
Actually that has seemed to stop the last few days. There hasn't been a system update but there has been updates to some of the games I play the most.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@SetupDisk - Ah, maybe it's a game-related thing then? Mine's still running fine but I don't yet have any Wii U retail games except Nintendoland, which I cannot get into.

@DefiesGravity - I don't know why, but this 5ib gamepad thing is bugging me. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere and I don't know where the rumour started so I'm not blamiong you for repeating the misinformation. I just weighed my gamepad to see what it is though and it came in at 360g, which is less than 1lb, about 12.7oz in fact.

ThreeD33

ThreeD33 said:

Love my Wii U registered my profile and did the survey on the gamepad (without turning on my tv) the Wii U
is the BEST IN THE WORLD !!!!!!
Ps fist comment on nintendolife woo !

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

My sentence: ''I use it's features extensively every day and I find it very satisfying. Love it! <3''

RotYN7

RotYN7 said:

I got mine Day 1 and love it. but its hard to Suggest to Hardcore gamers, I know its Early but it looks like Nintendo will be overlooked on the 3rd party front again :(

AaronB

AaronB said:

My summary was "Very promising." Ability to play all types of online videos, like Adobe Flash, would be great. I count on great 1st party games being available in time, and some topnotch 3rd party games would be a bonus. Loading times are another area with room for improvement. I think it has the potential to be the best console yet, though.

WaxxyOne

WaxxyOne said:

The virtual console needs some love. Here is what I want:

1) Virtual console games should be launchable from the Wii U menu, or at least a sub-menu or dedicated app, not through the Wii menu.
2) Virtual console games should be displayed at their original aspect ratio, rather than stretched horizontally to fit the 16:9 screen.
3) VC games should be transferable to the pad for off-screen play. (And of course the pad should be usable as an input device)
4) While not using the pad screen to play the VC title itself, secondary apps like the web browser and Miiverse should be available on it, so you can pull up a guide or see comments about the game you're playing while you're playing it.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

Got mine at launch first system I've ever gotten at launch and I can say I'm very very very happy I did, such an AWESOME SYSTEM !!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Are the results of this going to be shared in some form with Nintendo? I'm genuinely curious.

dartmonkey

dartmonkey said:

My money this Xmas went on a 3DS XL ready for Animal Crossing. Barring a wicked birthday surprise, I reckon it'll be next Xmas before I get one. Maybe by then they'll have discontinued the Basic pack and released a different colour or two. I can't be the only one who prefers the fingerprint-proof white one, can I? :D

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

it seems the virtual console is quite a big issue for most people, i would like to see the results being shared with nintendo so they can take some pointers about there downloadable issues.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I am quite curious to see what the results of this will be. It's interesting how many "Nintendo fans" I see on here talking about how they've gotten every system at launch, but the Wii U is the first one that they haven't. What the heck guys? It's an amazing console. What have you been smoking?

On the other end of the spectrum, I've talked to a few self-proclaimed hardcore gamers who thought the Wii was a kiddie console, yet have bought the Wii U and have greatly enjoyed it.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Every Console has had its faults to begin with, and every console that gets released in the future will.
Coming back to Nintendo after any years with Xbox/Ps3 has made me realise that no matter how hard Sony and Microsoft try they just dont have the right corperate mindset to be able to create consoles and games that allow gamers have a great Experience in all 3 Gaming enviroments, Solo Play, Online Play and At Home Multiplayer.
Both Sony and Microsoft though, "Motion Control must be why familys love the Wii" and promply did thier own version on motion controllers, ok technically supperior than the Wiimotes, but totaly missed the point that it wasn't the Motion Controllers that made the Wii Fun, it was the games.
Same is hapening on the Ps4/NextBox.. they will be powerfull machines but the games will be same as always, just shinier.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

Ok here's what I think

the wii u is the best console I have ever used at the moment, the touch screen makes playing games so much better than a normal controler, But the lack of certain games is a pretty big problem.

Games like dead space 3, crysis 3, bioshock infinitie, tomb raider e.t.c not coming to the wii u I think is something that may turn a lot of people off from buying the console.

This to me is a big shame because I believe that the wii u would provide the definitive way for these games to be played.

Imagine dead space 3 with all your weapons and a map on display on the touch screen, not to mention that you could enjoy the co-op mode localy with one player on the pad and the other using the tv. That's just one example, and it's not just a cheap gimmik it would make the game so much better.

I brought a wii u to enjoy the nintendo exclusives, but I also got it to enjoy new games in a better way to the other consoles, and in that regard I feel let down.

But not by the console, because the wii u is a great peice of hardware that if used PROPERLY could wipe the floor with whatever microsoft and sony decide to do.

unless sony decide to put a touch screen on their control pad......."a great innovation" what a sony rep said about the ps move

Gilius

Gilius said:

Does my friend owning the system while I come over usually and play it with him consider it mine too? -Laughs like maniac-