Site News: Nintendo Life Wishes You A Happy New Year

Posted by Damien McFerran

Here's to 2013

2012 was a massive year for Nintendo. It saw the launch of the Wii U and the release of the revised 3DS XL. It also played host to some amazing games, including New Super Mario Bros. U, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Mutant Mudds, Resident Evil Revelations, La-Mulana, BIT.TRIP COMPLETE, Kid Icarus: Uprising, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Hydroventure: Spin Cycle.

All good things come to an end however, and as 2012 gives way to 2013, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the next twelve months. We'll see the Wii U really start to hit its stride and continue to be treated to some amazing games on the 3DS. We've got software like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight to look forward to, and much more besides.

2012 has also been a bumper year for Nintendo Life itself. We've witnessed some major staff changes, with site editor James Newton departing for Nintendo back in July, and yours truly taking over the Big Chair while it was still warm.

We've seen new faces join the team in the form of Orla Madden, Andy Green, Morgan Sleeper, Gaz Plant, Katy Ellis, Ken Barnes, Martin Watts and Jeremy Thain.

This influx of staff has been largely to deal with the increased traffic the site has experienced over the past year. We've grown our readership to an unprecedented level, and according to ComScore, we're now the largest independent Nintendo site in the world. In 2012 we got over 13 million visits, around 5.5 million unique visits and approximately 37 million page views. That means in 2012 someone, somewhere in the world viewed a page on Nintendo Life every 0.8 seconds. Those are incredible figures, and we naturally couldn't have achieved them without you guys - so thanks.

We hope you've had a wonderful year and we simply cannot thank you enough for your support over the past twelve months. Just by logging on to read the content we provide means more to us than you might expect, and we're sure you're going to love what we have in store for you in 2013.

Happy New Year from the whole team!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Exciting times ahead. Happy New Year everyone! Come on, new F-Zero, I know you're out there...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

So the world 2012 finally ended. Congratulations to becoming huge, guys!
Happy new earth year, humans. Enjoy it as long as you can.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Impressive guys. Let's see how this one goes and Happy New Year to you Nintendolife!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

happy new year, guys! here's hoping no one else is as hung over as i am right now... i wouldn't wish this on anyone, lol D:

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Its probably all my fault from refreshing the page so much in the hopes of new Nintendo news ;) & Happy New Year! Congrats to NL becoming the greatest independant Nintendo news site ever & here's to another awesome year! :D

Sun

Sun said:

I can't wait for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
Don't disappoint me, Nintendo!
Happy 2013 to everybody!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

A Happy New Year to everyone. 2012 was pretty crazy for Nintendo, certainly busy, so here's hoping for an equally entertaining 2013 :)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Happy new year everyone! 2013 should be a very good year. The Wii U's going to go full-steam ahead with not only games like Rayman Legends, Game & Wario, and Pikmin 3 among others, but also the secret games coming this fall. Because of that, expect for another hyped E3.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Happy New Year everyone at Nintendolife. Congrats on the site accolades to all the staff, that's really impressive. 2012 was great, but I'm looking forward to 2013 with my eyes set on some amazing games. Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf have got to be my most anticipated. To think, we haven't even gotten to E3 yet and there's already so much to be excited about. Cheers everyone. :D

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Damo wrote:

That was me. You're welcome for that.

Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise said:

So that means that whenever you read an article there is a good chance someone else is reading it with you.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Happy New Year Folks.
Just bring on Animal Crossing New Leaf and I'll be contented!

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

Happy new Year everybody! Thanks for the great time I had on NL last year to the whole staff and community. Now, let's make 2013 an even greater year!

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I can't believe I didn't join this site sooner. This site is like my serebii.net where I go on a daily basis. NL is just FABULOUS & FREAKING AWESOME!! ^__^ I look forward to the new adventures we all will experience here in 2013! Let's do this everyone!! :D

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

Those numbers seem so surprising! It's not that they aren't warranted; you guys definitely deserve the high traffic and recognition! It's just that the site feels so welcoming and homely. I don't ever feel overwhelmed by the comments section or forums. I'll use IGN as an example. I never post there. Ever. And that's because I feel I won't even be heard. My voice just gets lost in all of the other mindless posts.

It's different here, though. For one, I'm typing a comment right now! I just feel much more comfortable here, even though this is a super busy site. It's awesome. We'll done NintendoLife!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Congratulations, guys! I knew I made the right choice when I abandoned IGN long ago. You deserve all that traffic. But please keep the quality up, even if your site is the largest independent Nintendo site in the world.

2012 also gave us gamers Wreck-it Ralph, one of the few good videogame movies. So the Blu Ray joins a list of things I will be looking forward to in 2013.

Happy New Year from sunny Costa Rica to everyone reading this!

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Happy New Year from Wisconsin. Been a member for a year and have really enjoyed what the team over at NL has done. Hope 2013 comes with more positive growth and continued interaction.