Rumour: Fire Emblem: Awakening Bundle Coming To North America

Posted by Andy Green

Comes with a glorious special edition 3DS

Yesterday we reported that a demo for the highly anticipated strategic RPG Fire Emblem: Awakening will be made available to download from the North American 3DS eShop on 17th January. The game itself will launch on 4th February and will be available in both physical and downloadable forms.

According to various sources, including NeoGAF, a special Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS bundle is on the way to North America too. The image circulating appears to be taken from an advertisement found in Game Informer magazine. It shows the bundle that was released in Japan and features a special edition original 3DS — not an XL. It's unclear at the moment whether or not the game will be pre-installed on the system — in the same way previous bundles have been — or if it will come with a physical copy.

What are your thoughts on this beautiful special edition 3DS? Would you like to see it made available in North America?

Thanks to Nardar for the tip

[via neogaf.com]

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

no XL

i will check out the demo when it comes to europe but i am already 100% sure that i will not like this game. advance wars is so much more fun for me

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

It's still hard for me to believe that this is releasing in NA! Not sure how well it will sell but it sure does look nice! You would think they would release a special edition Mario 3ds and that will sell much better!

nf_2

nf_2 said:

I might honestly trade mine in for this... That is a beautiful machine.

SLiM

SLiM said:

Looks good but doesn't come close to the awesomeness of the Legend of Zelda 3DS :D

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Yeah I'm surprised its not an xl that they'd do the special edition for too. I'm waiting for the animal crossing 3ds xl special edition to hit over here in north america though not this sorry...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

gavn64

gavn64 said:

are we getting the special edition animal crossing 3ds in the west i would buy 3ds all over again for that.

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

If that limited edition will come to Europe I will definitely sell my old black 3DS and buy this one (I waited for this ver. for a long time).

Hokori

Hokori said:

Guys the reason it's for normal and not XL is because FEA came out last April in Japan... BEFORE the XL came out

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well I was thinking of getting it but than I saw it wasn't an XL model so no deal for me. To bad too cause it looked great.

gekslupis

gekslupis said:

Even though I have never played Fire Emblem and if I didn't already own a 3DS, I would probaly buy this just for the cool design on the system and the included game.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

wow... gorgeous, but I have a regular 3DS. If it were a 3DS XL, I think I may have fainted...

idork99

idork99 said:

Cool color and design. Too bad I'm not a fan of the Fire Emblem series (and that it's not an XL). I attempted to play the GBA Fire Emblem game (that was given free to ambassadors) and for the life of me, I could not get into the game. This, Pokemon, and Advance Wars are the games that I regretfully can not get into.

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

The XL looks like a little kids cheap plastic toy. This thing looks far slicker. I approve.

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

nice but it's extremely pointless to be releasing a special edition version of the small/regular 3DS, gimme a sweet new redesign of the XL!!!!!

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

holy crap you are wrong, it looks that way in pictures but in person i totally changed my mind. it is georgeous and sleek and makes the original 3ds look clunky. seriously, get your hands on a blue one and see what i mean. GEORGEOUS!

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

it doesn't even feel chunky or anything, it feels slim actually and it just feeeeels RIGHT when you look at it or hold it. games that were great or even just ok now pop with awesomeness on the larger screens and even old DS games look georgeous.

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

No I'm not. And I did get my hands on it. It looks and feels like a toy. Sorry. hugs ambassador 3DS

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

@Gen0neD That's an opinion, not fact.
However, I do agree with you. It looks like a toy, if they were to give it a more serious look then I might buy one.