New Footage of Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 Emerges

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"Direct" to you, in bite-size form

Today's Nintendo Direct was certainly busy, with lots to digest and footage bursting from every seam — almost literally in the case of Yoshi's upcoming adventure. Nintendo has therefore released some bite-sized segments of the broadcast, including two videos that cover the titles currently being developed by Platinum Games.

First up we have a 90-second glimpse behind the scenes of the development studio, with plenty of footage of coders hard at work on the building blocks of Bayonetta 2. If you want to see this one stripped back to coding levels, this is worth a watch.

Next up we have welcome footage of The Wonderful 101. Still due in the first half of the year, this looks suitably chaotic and crazy enough to satisfy many gamers looking for a fun time. See it for yourself below.

Related Games

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Platinum Games is one of the best developers out there, glad to see them partnering up with Nintendo so much.

Emaan

Emaan said:

The Wonderful 101 looks really good! I wasn't that interested at first, but its really come along. At least, with what they've showed us. I hope we get a release date soon.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Bayonetta... Stripped... Um, sorry, what were we talking about again? I had my concentration broken. :p

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm torn on 101 b/c it looks great but it also sometimes looks like a $15 PSN game, something about the cartoony graphics, that I coudln't see myself paying $50 or $60 for it. It does look really good, but I don't think it's a system seller.

As for B2, well the first game was great so it's a no brainer. Still can't believe it's coming out on a Nintendo console. I do think it odd the guy in the video said he wanted to make her leather outfit look like real leather. I'm almost certain in the first game it wasn't leather, it was just her hair. Don't know how you'ld program that exactly, but that's what I remember anyway, no clothes, just hair.

Summary - Ubisoft may have more games, but Platinum has the ones I want.

ReindeerDasher

ReindeerDasher said:

I think I'll pass on both, with all the other games coming out soon(ish), but Wonderful 101 looks very interesting. Guess if thereviews are good and it sounds like something I'd like then I'll be picking up that maybe.

mamp

mamp said:

Bayonetta 2!!!! Oh why must time keep us apart? Wonderful 101 looks ok too.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Yes. Bayonetta .... A million times yes! ...

I wasn't interested in the Wonderful 101 but that trailer made it look very cool! I'm gonna keep an eye on it. See how it turns out.

gefflt

gefflt said:

The Wonderful 101 is still intriguing although I can't help feeling like it reminds me a bit of Pikmin (with all those little "heroes" following you around).

Also, why is that fat green one's voice so high-pitched? Weird!

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Didn't think much of 101 when I first heard about it, but this trailer has captured my interests. I'll be keeping my eye on it, hopefully it won't be an over-priced arcade game like Tank! Tank! Tank! was.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Both games are made by Platinum...so you're all legally required to buy them.

Sorry, but it's the law.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@TotalHenshin
I'm not convinced but then neither am I convinced about Pikmin and this looks rather similar to me in many ways. It's odd how everyone waiting for The Wonderful 101 thinks that they're the only one though: as someone who's pretty ambivalent about it it seems that almost every comment made about the game in every forum begins with that sentiment.

Araknie

Araknie said:

Bayonetta 2's gotta take a whole, i thank them anyway for opening their doors.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

I like the wonderful 101, it looks like a fun and interesting game and I could care less about the other one. It was a DMC ripoff and still is.. wack o matic

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@Lopezdm
Whether or it is or isn't, DMC is not available on the WiiU so that's pretty irrelevant to those of us that don't have another console.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

@Lopezdm Well Hideki Kamiya was the original director of Devil May Cry. You can't really accuse a man of ripping off his own work.

BossBattles

BossBattles said:

@lopezdm

Dmc and bayonetta has the same director, so that is why there are similarities.

Also, i guarantee you don't have the skills to master bayonetta, and you're not really an action fan.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

@BossBattles Skills?! LOL wowI didn't know sitting on my butt all day while getting aroused by fake women was a skill I lacked. Man you really put me in my place.. gesh man I think I will just go craw up in a ball and die now.