Mega Man Legends 3 Lives On In Fan-Made Browser Game

Posted by Damien McFerran

The legend will never die

Capcom broke a few hearts when it cancelled Mega Man Legends 3, but lovers of the Blue Bomber don't take setbacks like this sitting down. Fans Blyka and fAB have created a browser-based version of the Servbot mission in the Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version.

Servbot Roundup allows you to:

• Ride around as Barrett, as seen in video footage of the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version
  • Feel the MML3 thrill as you explore an expansive, semi-accurate recreation of Teomo City
  • Collect Servbots in three increasingly difficult levels with differing positions
  • Find the fastest route to victory and submit your best times to the online high score table

Will you be checking this out, or was Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation too painful for you?

[via tinycartridge.com, gonintendo.com, arcade.legends-station.com]

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Pretty soon this will become part of the Capcom Mega Man Anniversary when they put a banner on the page.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

The cancellation was & still too painful.... still hope MML 3 will get revived again... If The Last Story & Xenoblade were able to get to the West last year... Nah...never mind. For MML 3 to get life again... the "Star Fox 2" factor needs to come into play here...

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Might check this out if I have a couple of minutes to kill, but to be honest this doesn't look particularly good...

Xilef

Xilef said:

I get that a lot of people are sad over this, but can't people start to move on?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

The cancellation is painful. It leaves and open wound in my heart because I had just cleared space for this game in it :( Now I will die an incomplete and broken man...oh wait...it's...just a game?!?!?! :O

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

It's nice to see that determined people won't accept defeat, and continue their dreams. I give them all the credit in the world!

sonik

sonik said:

The Dash series (Legends) is really bad, the first games to PS1 was visual bad, crap control, horrible voice cast. Don't get me wrong I do love mega man games the original series and X series rocks, when mega man universe was cancalled I was really down.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

They tried to do the same idea with Sonic X-Treme. They failed miserably IIRC. One level is a major accomplishment.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

@sonik FINALLY, someone else who agrees with me on legends... I played MM64 back in the day (Around 2002) and HATED it, mostly because of the plot and how strange the gameplay was (It was also my first MM game). I found out recently it was legends 1 ported to the N64.... So if it wasn't a butchered port, then I don't understand why there NEEDS to be a third game, besides finishing that very confusing cliffhanger from MML2. Mega man universe is rarely mentioned in capcom rants, yet it would probably be the title that would get more attention if it came out (Due to folks who grew up with the NES games). That was what I didn't want canceled.

Still, MML3 doesn't need to die silently, but it doesn't need to die with tons of unneeded capcom hate. Being how MML was Inafune's favorite series, and he quit a bit after it started, it probably wouldn't have been right without him... It's like if JK rowling wrote part of Harry potter and the Deathly hallows, and gave up. It wouldn't have been right without the original creator.

...I'll admit I liked the DEV room idea a LOT, so if they open it up again I'll be supporting it.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Is it just me or did MML3 became insanely "popular" after it was cancelled?

rayword45

rayword45 said:

@TheDreamingHawk Mega Man 64 did suffer some minor losses compared to MML on the PS1. PC was the worst.

Gamerankings

PS1: 73.73%
PC: 33.67%
N64: 63.94%

Mega Man Legends 2 was a bit of an improvement but still around 75 average.

Personally, I enjoyed the first one even with a few unpolished issues, but it's definitely not the god-almighty title fans speak of.

KAHN

KAHN said:

let it die. you just can't try and bring the dead back to life. george lucas is a good example of someone who wouldn't let certain things die. let it die before you make us all suffer.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm glad to see people who have the determination to continue pursuing their dreams, no matter how people judge them.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK: Why should we let it die? Capcom gave us all a huge slap in the face after asking us for help, then cancelling the game, and the icing on the cake; putting the blame on us for supposed lack of support! I big F.U. goes out to Capcom on this one!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@KnightRider666 Unfortunately it seems that Capcom's decision is firm on this one. I doubt they'll bring back the dev room after that show of theirs.

Nanoline

Nanoline said:

To all the people hammering on with variations of the phrase "let it die":

It already is dead. We know that. Now get the hell off of our backs and stop treating the Legends fans like little kids to be dismissed because we feel like occasionally doing something to tribute the games that we enjoyed. Nobody is saying you had to enjoy them. But let us enjoy them without the fear of getting ragged on.

Look at this comment list. One group makes a FANGAME, and you start piling all over them and degrading them for it. It's like reading a /v/ thread on 4chan.

rockman_zero

rockman_zero said:

@MultiMariosonic and u actually bought that bs from capcom I'm waitin till they take this game and put it on pc for free like since they to incompetent to do any work themselves

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@rockman_zero: Are you kidding me??? The battle network games were amazing! Sure they made a billion of them, but they were still great. It took the series in a whole new direction. I wish they'd make more of them. How could anybody not like a Mega Man RPG?