Jett Rocket 3DS Surfing Onto The eShop "Early This Year"

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Shin'en keeps the pace

Remember Jett Rocket on WiiWare? It arrived a good while ago — summer 2010 — and brought a short but sweet 3D platforming adventure to the platform, which despite the odd flaw earned an impressive 8/10 in our Jett Rocket review. After various rumours we then learned of a new entry coming to the 3DS eShop, Jett Rocket Super Surf, confirmed in December 2011 with a target release of early 2012.

Obviously that never happened, though Shin'en Multimedia is, let's not forget, a small studio producing a lot of content for Nintendo systems. It was busy bringing Nano Assault Neo to Wii U for launch and is putting the final touches to Nano Assault EX, among other things. Thankfully, the end of the wait for a new Jett Rocket fix looks to be close at hand, with the developer answering a query on YouTube with the following answer:

Jett Rocket 3DS is nearly completed and will be released early this year.

Short and sweet, but it means another promising title on the way to the handheld's eShop. The developer also told us in our recent interview that it's working on a new Wii U game in the racing genre, with more details to come later this year.

So, are you keen to try out a new Jett Rocket game on 3DS in the near future?

Thanks to WiiLovePeace for the tip.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

Never got round to downloading the wii version but i liked the demo. Hoping for a demo.of it on 3ds before i decide.

Sonomin

Sonomin said:

I'll have to get this when it comes out! I loved the first one, even though it was very short.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I tried the demo of the first game,and it was actually quite a fun game,so I might this a try.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I couldn't finish it. I think it jad a glitch that made one of the levels unbeatable :(

Besides, I didn't like that much. I'd give it a 6 tops. I hope this one turns out better.

EvilLucario

EvilLucario said:

I'll need to buy the first game before going to this game. I keep hearing good things about the first game, though, so I'll find the funds for it.

accc

accc said:

I wish they would release at least one snippet of information about the game before it comes out — I want to know what type of game it is, at the very least! They never clarified if it's going to be a platformer like the first game, or a surfing game like the title suggests, or something completely different.

Garo

Garo said:

Probably my most anticipated e-shop game. WiiWare's Jett Rocket was pure platforming gold (reminded me a lot of PS1's Spyros to be honest), although it could've been a little longer. Here's hoping that the sequel's at least as good as the first one.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Wow such positive comments. That will all change once Shin'en speaks against piracy. Then I'll start reading comments like "I never liked their games anyway."

Yasume

Yasume said:

This is probably going to be a port, given how they brought Art of Balance and Fun Fun Minigolf to the eShop as well and since they haven't released a single image to the public.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Shin'en confirmed several months ago in an interview that this is a new, original platformer.

"We experimented with different gameplay styles but in the end it was clear that a new Jett Rocket game needs to be a great platformer."

I really enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to getting this as soon as it comes out.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

@brandonbwii Jeez, don't complain. You're no better then the people whining about RK's games and piracy comments.

Frankly, I disagreed with them, and I wasn't a big fan of any of their 3DSWare games either way. Hopefully that'll change with the upcoming FPS, as I loved Moon and Dementium.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Well, you not liking RK's games is one thing. That's your opinion. People not buying RK's games due to the opinion of one man within the company is another.

People ignore quality content due to devs saying something some would view as "stupid." Frankly a company could say "Nintendo sucks but we're making games on their platforms so go buy" and, if it's good enough, I'd still buy it. Even if they hurt the Nintendo fans feelings.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Well, that's just your take. Personally, I agree with that, but I'm not going to judge others because of it. And their interpretation could make a huge difference.

I have so much contempt for Rovio that I didn't even give Bad Piggies a try. I couldn't give less of a damn about RK's anti-piracy comments.