House Of The Dead: Overkill Studio Working On Secret Wii U Project

Posted by Damien McFerran

Unannounced title in development

UK studio Headstrong Games - the company behind House of the Dead: Overkill, New Art Academy, Battalion Wars 2 and Lords of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest - is working on an unannounced title for the Wii U.

We know this because Headstrong Games Associate Producer Jo Tunstill has mentioned it on her LinkedIn profile.

Headstrong has enjoyed a strong relationship with Nintendo in the past, so there's a chance this project could be a big Nintendo franchise - perhaps a continuation of the Battalion Wars series? Or it could be a third-party release - the developer has worked with Sega, Warner Bros. and Ubisoft previously. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What are you hoping for? Drop a comment to let us know.

[via nintendoeverything.com, linkedin.com]

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I really liked the mood Overkill had. Having a goregasm really was great. But BW3 would also be great. Even better I guess!

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I could go for Battalion wars 3. House of the dead, not so much. Not a huge fan of LIghtgun style games.

Byuu

Byuu said:

They are more known for Art Academy than HOTDOK. An WiiU version of Art Academy is on its way?

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

Overkill was superb! Would love more of that , but looking at their catalog it could be absolutely anything!

pinta_vodki

pinta_vodki said:

Hoping for Overkill 2, maybe we'll find out what that G stands for. :)

Also, they once mentioned they'd gladly do a Virtua Cop sequel...

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@pinta_vodki virtua cop 4 would be ideal for the wii U because of the touchscreen on the gamepad. so definitely, i hope they make this happen.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I would love a sequel to Overkill. Though I do hope they actually put some swearing into the game this time. Was really weird shooting all those zombies and everyone was talking like they were brought up by royalty... or am I thinking of a different game?

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

BW will probably benefit from the Gamepad more than HOTD will, scrolling through the map, placing orders and immediately jumping into the fray. BW has my vote!

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Sweet. Overkill was brilliant, except for the ever present screen tearing.

I hope it's not a new Batallion, it's not my cup of tea.

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

Has to be battalion wars 3. Using the game pad to divide your troops and then send them to exact spots. plus constant map access, it's a perfect fit. I can at least hope.

Edward_J_Grug_III

Edward_J_Grug_III said:

I'd love to see them do something new/unexpected, but BW2 and OotD:O were both excellent games, so more of them would be good too.

Neram

Neram said:

The same people that made Battalion Wars made House of the Dead: Overkill!? Wow, I never would have guessed.

real_gamer

real_gamer said:

I would like to see a new BW! I only played the 2nd one and really enjoyed it. I can imagine how the game pad can be utilize.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Absolutely lovrd HOTD:O. Wouldn't mind a new game in the series or even something new from Headstrong. I hope this game is coming this year.

BJQ1972

BJQ1972 said:

I'll take a guess at Acid Ghost, which is rumoured to be the game that ONM will have an exclusive on next month.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

With a history like that, I think it's just about impossible to guess what they're doing... 8/

Battalion Wars would be awesome, though! I've always felt like that series had a lot of potential. Touch screen commands and online play might just make it pretty awesome.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Overkill's Extended Cut would be a sure buy for a good price. Or at least a DLC version of the additional content it has over the Wii original. :*

MYCO

MYCO said:

PLEASE LET IT BE BATTALION WARS 3 FOR THE WII U. OK YES HAPPY VERY HAPPY

SPEtheridge

SPEtheridge said:

A new battalion wars would be awesome on the gamepad me thinks but another overkill would be awesome too.

SMW

SMW said:

I still need to pickup House of the Dead: Overkill. I rented it and beat it but never felt the urge to buy it despite enjoying it for the most part.

dutchguy

dutchguy said:

i hope also bw3. i loved the first 2, and with the gamepad it could be the best one

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I would rather have a sequel to Overkill. There are no lightgun games on Wii U yet iirc and the thing supports old wiimotes anyway. Not to mention that teaser at E3 11 where they put a Gamepad on top of a Wii Zapper and they were sniping at "Miiyamoto".

Oh, and I love how XCWarrior's sarcasm went undetected.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

@DrKarl
You might wanna try this one from Datel, with built in nunchuck which I find to be WAY more comfortable to use for longer periods:

Please note that there's also an exact copy of the Precision FX gun called the 'MR. SMITH Double Function Gun' from Speedlink:

But as far as I can tell it's essentially the same product, and I have both.

@DarkCoolEdge
What screen tearing? If there was any, it was probably intentional, as ALL graphical anomalies on screen were, which has been thoroughly explained by the creators in making of and preview videos.

On topic:

I would be okay with HOTDOK, but a bit of Battalion Wars certainly wouldn't be bad either, so I'm probably okay with whatever they come up with, as long as it isn't Art Academy.