Enhanced Version Of Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask Releasing In Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

With added extra content

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask launched almost 2 years ago in Japan, and will finally be making its way to the 3DS eShop over there, which comes with a plus.

We literally mean 'plus', as the game will be released on the eShop as Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask+ to distinguish between it and the original version. The upgraded edition will include extras such as new events, brand new puzzles and animation. Tutorial and hints have been added to Ruin mode, and all daily downloadable puzzles will be unlocked upon purchase.

Haven't got Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask yet? Why not read our review in the meantime. What are your thoughts on this news? Do you hope that the improved version heads to the West?

[via siliconera.com]

Placlu

Placlu said:

Sooo... it's a full priced version of the game on the eshop.. with extra story & whatnot?... I don't wanna buy the game again, but if it were DLC, ya i'd be down for that.
Certainly... unexpected.

Tymek

Tymek said:

This is most certaily...unexpected.
But I think it should come here too.
However, I think it simply came there as a + version because maybe they wanted to make up for the fact that Miracle Mask wasn't available in Japan on the eShop for over 2 years....

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Don't care for this as I'm still completing my free daily dlc, wonder if Japan gets the 365 days worth of free content.

Birdman

Birdman said:

If there's enough new content to justify re-purchasing it, I may consider it. It'd still probably be a no, however.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm kind of glad that I didn't buy it now. I'll hold out for the plus version to be released via retail in the West seeing as I'm yet to complete The Last Spectre.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Reminds me I need to DL this soon.... I keep forgetting about Layton

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

I'm enjoying the 3DS game, wouldn't get it again, but hope it lifts the series in Japan. The Professor isn't selling over there like he used to.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Whatever Capcom taught Level 5 during the development of Professor Layton X Ace Attorney, they shouldn't be following it.

Sun

Sun said:

I own the European 3DS digital version and I'm happy with all its content, but this could be a downloadable goodie too.