Coaster Creator 3D Promises Thrills and Spills for the 3DS eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Are you tall enough to get on?

Now that the Holiday season has passed many would be forgiven for fantasizing about warmer days of summer — unless you're reading this from the southern hemisphere, in which case we hope you're enjoying the warm season. A popular pastime in the hot months of the year is heading to a theme park for some roller coaster fun, something that Big John Games and Gamers Digital hope to recreate in their upcoming 3DS eShop release, Coaster Creator 3D.

This title is due to arrive on the platform soon, with a final release date currently being agreed, and promises to bring roller coaster creation, customisation and sharing to the platform. It'll include a career mode with 20 design challenges, with unlockable theme park locations, decals and similar extras. The main feature for creative thrill seekers will be the Coaster Sandbox, which combines with the Track Editor to allow quick and easy customisation of rides, with options to run 3D simulations and also edit the surrounding park environment. Throw in something called the Star Roller game to ride the tracks, along with QR code sharing, and this may be a download to watch.

It'll be interesting to go hands-on and see whether the concept works well in practice, and we may not have too long to wait and find out. The video below does show the track editor in action, so have a watch and let us know whether you'll be keeping your eye on this particular attraction.

Shrapmo

Shrapmo said:

Rollercoaster Tycoon is my all time favorite simulation game... will this live up to my high standards?

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Man, the articles are flying out today! I might look into this one, but my expectations aren't high.

WS200017

WS200017 said:

Lets just hope its not too expensive. Wouldn't want to be let down if it was a rubbish game and i spent loads on it !

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I'm glad this is coming out soon, I hope this makes up for the failure that was RCT3D.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Yeah well, I think this game is just for coaster creation and isn't a theme park sim at all. That's the impression I'm getting from the article and video. Sounds neat though, and you can share the creations online. At least I hope you can.

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

This looks like No Limits coaster designer for pc, probably better than rct3d because rct3d more about parks and this seems more about just the coaster, like No Limits. I personally like rct3 for pc better than no limits but rct3d had too many restrictions, so id rather just focus on the coaster

Gunblade_Hero

Gunblade_Hero said:

Greetings from the southern hemisphere! :D Indeed it's summertime here which means, very hot. Anyway this looks like a fun little diversion, will be keeping an eye out.