Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wii U Update Hits A Rocky Patch

Posted by Damien McFerran

Pun absolutely intended

A short while ago, Activision confirmed that the Call of Duty: Black Ops II patch would be coming to the Wii U later this month.

However, that prediction might prove to be incorrect, as it would appear that Activision is experiencing some problems getting the update ready for deployment.

Here's what has been posted on the official Call of Duty community forum:

Hello Wii U Community,

We are noticing some issues with the version of the patch that was posted that you guys are also reporting here on the forums. We are working with Nintendo on a resolution to this problem and hope to know more at some point tomorrow. I will keep you posted as I receive more information.

We are aware that some of the menu listings from the 360′s Revolution DLC drop are showing up in the game. This is not a confirmation of DLC for the Wii U, just a versioning problem that we are working to address.

I do not want to publish the list of known fixes until I have confirmation that they are all live. I hope to be able to do this tomorrow, but as I mentioned, this is something we are working on with Nintendo, so the timeline isn’t entirely in our hands.

Thank you for understanding.

How do you feel about this news? Were you waiting for the patch to appear? Drop a comment to let us know.

[via nintendoeverything.com, community.callofduty.com]

sonicriders

sonicriders said:

sigh Hates how Nintendo consoles always get the short end of the stick.... well, when it comes to third-parties....

I miss the GameCube days....

erv

erv said:

I love this game, it's great fun online. Very well designed too, and the maps have some real variety to them. There's a lot of fun to be had in a balanced competitive multiplayer like this :)

Here's hoping the dlc comes our way too, and the amount of patches can be pressed down to a minimum in the process.

SteveW

SteveW said:

The generation of games isn't going to make for good retro games in the future with all the problems and no patching will be available then...

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Went home for lunch and was off to play some COD, but I got the update instead. It was a small one fortunately and I played 3 rounds with no issues before coming back to work. I would still like to know what the change-logs are for these.

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

I have updated this game, and played it for 1 round before doing some business. Here's what I found so far:
1- Home menu is now accessible in every mode, Warning: Pressing home button will disconnect your network from cod server.
2- Loading seems to be improved by little.

I haven't had a chance to use wiimote to find out if they fixed the sensitivity issues. I'll try out later.

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

@Azooooz So when you hit the "Home" button, it actually accesses the "Home menu"!? If so, that's a good thing, especially IF it takes a screen shot for Miiverse, that would be nice...but either way, it would be nice to access Miiverse from multiplayer quicker.

I'll check it out in a bit, as I have been really enjoying the online. Playing via the GamePad, while the TV is being used for Netflix or a Wii Virtual Console game (on the Wii), is awesome. Throw in some headphones, and it's great for sitting in the same room as your wife, who isn't distracted by all the game noise.

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

Was there ever an update to fix local multiplayer??
If two people are playing, 1 person can use the GamePad and the other person can use the full screen...BUT if 3 or more players are playing locally, everyone needs to split the TV screen. Why can't 1 player use the GamePad and the other two split the screen? >.<

russellohh

russellohh said:

Anyone else having a problem in Zombies local co-op where the tablet-holder can't use grenades, and the TV-user can't use items?

UnrealDan

UnrealDan said:

I actually like CoD on the Wii U. Such a small minority of people actually use headphones that u don't have to worry about lil kids screaming in the mic:)

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

Wassup with that damn DLC, I bought the hoping they wouldn't shaft us Nintendo users but I guess that's not the case.

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

hoping Nuketown 2025 will be thrown in with our DLC pack coming in February, or knowing activision .. they will make us pay extra for it :-/

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

@Svengoolie I understand you dont like CoD. I dont like it either, but please keep your opinion to yourself. It could offend people who like CoD a lot.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

Yeah, thanks Treyarc and Activison, the game is even glitchier now.
I'm getting glitches with throwing grenades, concusion, and using the knife.

Major_Majora

Major_Majora said:

Another bug is when you go into the barracks go under calling card and over to weapons you will have unlocked all the peacekeeper calling cards. Shines a little hope onto revolution coming to wii u.

MrSazperilla

MrSazperilla said:

In my calling cards I have all 3 Peackeeper calling cards!

Even with all the bad and confusion the patch has caused, It has led to us being able to use the home button on every mode allowing for screen shots in multiplayer and zombies however this even still needs some work since it disconnects you from online!

Cranky

Cranky said:

I love being able to play a first person shooter at 30+fps on the small gamepad screen, it looks awesome. The UAV requires more points now, and I believe that the bouncing betty's take slightly longer to explode.

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

I second Eryan64's comment. Seriously, does anyone know if 3-4 local multiplayer was fixed so that the person on the gamepad actually has the gamepad screen while the other 2 have split screen on tv?

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I don't care for the Call of Duty series anyway. It is soooo repetitive, along with Halo.....
That's why I buy Nintendo consoles for fun and originality :)

Oman316

Oman316 said:

I know that the cod franchise is xbox friendly, but why does ninty always have to get ripped off? It doesnt matter how hard they chase these devs, the devs still dont care for nintendo and what they stand for....the gameing experience ! If they did they wouldnt pussyfoot around with these so called updates and tiptoe around the whole dlc thing......jesus christ ubisoft is doing it with ac3 why cant activision? Hey treyarch.......u wanna be taken seriously like infinity ward.......GET UR poo TOGETHER !!!!!!!