Zelda Swap Is Collaborative Art Genius, With Added Link

Posted by Damien McFerran

Art attack

Ten Paces and Draw is a site with a unique aim: each week it presents a challenge in which sketches are made and swapped between artists, with one providing an rough idea and the recipient finishing it in their own style.

Projects cover all kinds of topics, including The Hobbit and the work of famed anime legend Hayao Miyazaki, but the one that caught our attention is this Zelda-themed swap from July this year.

It features Link in some particularly amusing situations, and although the style of each image is different, the love for one of Nintendo's most famous franchises shines through. Chickens also feature very heavily, so be warned.

[via plus.google.com, tenpacesanddraw.com]

Lan

Lan said:

Why don't people know they're actually called cuccos?

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

the only thing i got from this is how weird the pics are and what is up with te sketches being different then the final pics o.o

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@DarkNinja9 That's kind of the point of the whole concept. Someone provides a sketch in their style and the other artist interprets it in their own style. It's interesting to see the results, I think.

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

I can't believe how tranquil Link looks even as that friggin' fairy is shouting at him like his mentally challenged.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

The artists are talented but a small part of me thinks that some of those pictures have lame styles. I'm surprised by how much of them are NOT magna.

Emaan

Emaan said:

This is really neat! Also, thanks for introducing me to such a wonderful little site! I'll be sure to check this out regularly, as I love art. I paint and draw a lot myself. :D