Wii Fit U Arriving In The U.S. In Q1 2013

Posted by Andy Green

Features an all new dance category

Wii Fit has certainly been a revelation for modern day gaming that's turned people's living rooms into their own personal gym. It was part of what made people who were unfamiliar with the hobby give it a go, and its success was phenomenal.

At E3 earlier this year, Nintendo announced that it would be bringing out a new Wii Fit for the Wii U, appropriately named Wii Fit U. We haven't heard a great deal about it since then, but during yesterday's North American Nintendo Direct some new footage was shown off as well as a release date.

Wii Fit U will be released in the first quarter of 2013 in the United States and features a whopping 77 different activities to get stuck into. The game features all the categories that were present in Wii Fit Plus - such as yoga and strength training - and also adds a new dance category for those who want to get their groove on.

As we know, Wii Fit U comes with the Fit Meter, a pedometer that can be taken on jogs in the park or a walk to work. The device translates how many calories you've burnt and then uploads them to Wii Fit U via the GamePad.

There's no news on a European release date just yet, but it surely can't be too far away now.

Are you interested in Wii Fit U? Let us know what your thoughts are in the comments below.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I am one of the small minority that have being using Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus fairly regularly up until now. So much co, my balance board is cracked from repeated use! No its not because I'm overweight or obese and no its not because I've mistakingly jumped on it! REALLY looking fwd to Wii Fit U. Need a release date in EU!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Also, the actual numerous, non exercise routine mini games on Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus are amongst the best u'll ever see anywhere.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm sure this will appease all the people who were waiting for Pikmin 3 "in the launch window".

Is facepalm still hip to use, it's been awhile since I've been on Digg?

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I might get this seeing as I've skipped out on Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. Seems like it'll be a good deal assuming that it will cost the same amount as the previous Wii Fit games.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

In all honesty you'd save much more money,and get more fiuiter with the Just Dance games that this.

iphys

iphys said:

They should have had this available for January 1st for all the people making resolutions. I've always sort of wanted to get a Balance Board, but I feel like I'm too fit to get a Wii Fit game. There aren't many Wii U games that interest me so far though, so I might consider it.

ReindeerDasher

ReindeerDasher said:

Not really interested in this. Good to hear they're putting a good amout of content in this one though.

Blodtryck

Blodtryck said:

I'm going to the gym regularly so I don't really need Wii Fit... but I'll probably still get it, because I have a balance board already anyway and since I don't have a scale it at least serves that purpose.

Also my friends like playing the game and weigh themselves for me to judge them :D

Edit.: And as mentioned by another user: I really hope they don't go up with the price to 60$ now, because of that pedometer.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I tried both Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. With Wii Fit I was using it pretty regularly but than I got a job and just couldnt find the time to do it anymore. WIth Wii Fit I tried to get back into it but again just couldnt find the time. Not sure if I will spring for this one seeing on how well I did with the first two.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

My dad really like Wii Fit, it's the only video game he's played since Pong back in his days. Coincidentally, he was asking me if there will ever be a new Wii Fit because he's getting tired of the same one, so it looks like I'll be getting this.

SMW

SMW said:

Glad I'm not the only one here eager for a new Wii Fit. It seems to get a lot of hate from typical gamers.

I've unlocked practicality everything in Wii Fit Plus and I still play it regularly. Wii Fit U is one of my most-wanted games. Also that Fit Meter is MUCH more than a pedometer. Calculates much more than steps. Crazy how Pokemon is helping out Wii Fit! (The fit meter borrows a lot from the PokeWalker.)

Hokori

Hokori said:

Couldn't we use the 3DS to but calories instead of the wii fit u meter? I thought they said that at E3

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I've been a regular user for years with gold status in Wii Fit Plus before I traded it in. I had anticipated this being a launch title and I miss doing a bit of yoga every day before work and tracking my weight loss (a full stone in the past year), so I'm very much looking forward to this.

Super-Mario-Fan

Super-Mario-Fan said:

I have the regular Wii fit. I never upgraded to plus so I got tired and lazy to play the minigames and doing the routines over and over again... This game looks a lot more fun. But with all these games that im dying to get, im sure I won't get Wii fit U for a long while after it's release....

rayword45

rayword45 said:

I actually want some Mii based titles on the 3DS, more then Pilotwings. Like maybe a new little platformer or adventure game on the eShop.

As simplistic as they usually are, all those Wii games have some incredible charm to them, probably because of said basic designs.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

I'm interested to hear more about this - but with the caveat that I'm not yet a U owner.