Trailer Promises More Pokémon News In January

Posted by Andy Green

More teasing from Game Freak

Not so long ago Game Freak revealed that it would be working towards evolving the Pokémon world in 2013. Quite what this meant is unclear at the moment, but a new development may shine some light on it.

At the end of a trailer for Pokémon Black & White Version 2 that has been running in Japan, a teaser pops up promising some big news on 8th January. Again, we have absolutely no idea what Game Freak is teasing us with, it could be a new game or simply something attached to the current games.

All we can do now is sit back and wait and see what this news brings. What would you like to see revealed on 8th January? Let us know in the comments below.

[via serebii.net, siliconera.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Hoping for a 3ds announcement! It's probably the only thing that will make me pick it up again after 15 years or so.

-Crystalline-

-Crystalline- said:

Does anyone have a link to the trailer in question? There's tons of clips on YouTube and I'm not sure which one I should be looking for.

Thank you in advance!

Late

Late said:

I hope it's worth teasing. I have many ideas of my own how to improve Pokémon franchise. I hope they have figured some of those out too.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Does Game Freak only do the main games? Ive been wondering about Pokepark 3, jaybe on the 3DS. Pokepark 2 was very similar in layout to Skylanders and 3 would be my pick for a Pokemon-Skylanders like clone.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

wow to go all out like that it must be a big change then o.O wait could it be pokemon snap 2? doubt it

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I doubt it would be another main game, it was like when Pokemon Conquest got announced.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

@DarkNinja9
Well, it could be. I would LOVE pokemon snap 2.
Maybe when Game Freak said the world was evolving, they meant Wii U would be added to the system library of pokemans games. Pokemon Snap 2 would work perfect on Wii U! :3

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

As much as I'd like Pokemon Snap 2, etc. announced, I'm not so sure why everyone is anticipating a spin-off right now.

Seeing as Game Freak are the developers of the core Pokemon games, it would be a safe bet to guess that whatever they are wanting to tell us is related to the main games(a spin off with some kind of relation is possible, but then why would Game Freak be the main, if not only, advertisers of upcoming news for that?)

Beta

Beta said:

Wii U game with online and I will force, make it happen all my friends to buy one XD

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

Guys,the main Pokemon games should stay on the handheld systems, and it seems as though this news is advertising a new main series game.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Tech101 What makes this one different for you, if you haven't picked up a Pokemon game in 15 years, why all of the sudden would you just because it's on the 3DS?

Otto-Soq

Otto-Soq said:

I never played a Pokemon game. A 3DS Pokemon with RPG elements and a lot of collectables would be a try out for me.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I'll say it again, I hope it's going to be a new pokemon trading card game or a new pokemon pinball game for the 3ds...

Hokori

Hokori said:

Guys this is GameFreak not Tecmo, not Genious sonority, not Hal, not ambrella, not chunsoft so it's not a spinoff

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

I wouldn't mind a conquest 2 but i think it will be the reveal of the mascot for gen 6(like zoura and zoroark) to tie in with the genesect movie coming out soon in japan.

2Sang

2Sang said:

I'd love to see pokemon cards also function as AR cards
Also, I would bet if they appear on the Wii U that NFCs will be available

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@AlphaIchimoru: Don't hate, you KNOW that new versions of both of the 2 types of pokemon games I've mentioned are LONG overdue:) All joking aside though, I HIGHLY doubt whatever new game gamefreak is working on will be either of the 2 I've mentioned...

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

3DS ANNOUNCMENT!!! I'LL PREORDER JANUARY 8TH!!! As logn as some mojor changes are made to the formula of course... if it's still the same... well then...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

New Pokemon Black 2 event I hope. I still want something like Lostlorn Forest or Liberty Island, where you get a rare pokemon, and you get an awesome bonus "dungeon".

gavn64

gavn64 said:

if its a core pokemon game announced then thats the vita dead by this year calling it.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I think it will be generation VI for 3DS or possibly a completely new PKMN game for the Wii U. As for remakes of Ruby/Sapphire...I'd rather it be a remake of Emerald to get Battle Frontier. But even if it's a remade of generation III, the game will be too short compared to Heart Gold & Soul Silver. 8 badges vs 16 badges plus final battle with Red? The remake of gene III is really unlikely to me even though so many people what that. Let's just see what happens.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

The fact that it's 100% going to be on 3DS(whichever the next games happen to be) could more than make up for that(on top of that, Hoenn is more of the 'nature' region, the visuals could be amazing and reflect more on that than the originals).

IIRC, Junichi Masuda's favorite gen was gen III and he wanted to do more with it but couldn't at the time; Instead of the usual simple remake, the 3DS opens the possibility of them giving more of a....deeper retelling of Hoenn's story I guess you can say(I loved the originals, but they seemed like they could do with expansion; besides, shouldn't a remake be to improve on things, story included)? That would be something that would be for the nostalgia happy, yet also give us something new. It's a bit much to post here, but after discussing it with others, it was really something interesting.

Either way, I'm happy whatever is next is going to be on the 3DS.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

@Chriiis It's pretty much written in stone that we'll get Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes. During the third generation of Pokemon we had first generation remakes. During the fourth generation of Pokemon we had Second Generation remakes. We're set up to get a third generation Pokemon remake either for this generation, or next. In fact, perhaps that's what the first 3D pokemon game will be. Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Well two times doesn't make a pattern and Game Freak has mentioned somewhere that the games come out as they come out, with no real pattern in mind anyways; We've only really just come into thinking that there is a pattern because of how things have turned out if you think about it.

Either way, I'm on the train for Gen III remakes all the way!

Mr_3DS

Mr_3DS said:

Please...PLEASE be a Ruby/Sapphire remake on the 3DS...I remember getting both those games for Christmas and they both were so much fun! If they could extend the story farther it would be awesome! And let's be honest guys...I'm getting a little sick of these boring new bad guys...the classic Rockets and Team Aqua/Magma are where its at!

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

A Pokémon game that features ALL current Pokémon and regions. You'll start as à boy/girl from Palet and need to beat the elite 4 of every region to finish the game.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

@Mr_DSi I would hope not. Unova just seems too bland to me. It's too industrial, and the scenery isn't exactly mind boggling. I mean, sure the bridges were nice, but compare that to the beauty of HeartGold, and SoulSilver, or Ruby and Sapphire.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Mr_3DS Team Plasma was pretty good, they weren't as two dimensional and acted much more serious. Team Galactic were stale and boring (even forgot their name, lol) and Team Magma/Aqua weren't fleshed out enough.

Team Rocket weren't flat out threatening but were like the mob in that they had their mitts in everything, giving them a strangle hold over Kanto and were worming their way into Johto.

Team Cipher was actually pretty dangerous, taking people hostage, holding them for ransom, and thats just a drop in the bucket. Its like they had Plasma's brains and Team Rocket's muscle. Snagem weren't as bad but still better than most.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

@Zombie_Barioth Actually, Team Magma/Aqua were pretty much the best. Their goals were pretty much based on Ideals, which is even better. Team Plasma was... I don't know. To me, they were pretty annoying. Team Rocket actually killed people and Pokemon, what do you mean they weren't flat out threatening? They're the ones with the most evil mentality in Pokemon, and no, the anime doesn't count.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Despite all this talk of evolution all I really expect is Pokemon Black and White 2, Gray.

I sure as heck hope I'm wrong.

NinjaGamingDude

NinjaGamingDude said:

you should be able to custimize ypur character and stuff it would rock. maybe 2 new pokemon stadium/Dx/Battle Frotier games for 3ds and wii u hoenn remake on 3ds black and white 3 pokemon universe? all of these would rock. Also gen 6!! Please anounce that on my birthday the 8th!! make it happen nintendo! AND GAMEFREAK! Maybe an awesome spin off. i want custimization! plz!

NinjaGamingDude

NinjaGamingDude said:

how about an over world with every region and character and cuztimization plus new pkmn and region in one game!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@AlphaIchimoru I just think they could have did a bit more with Aqua/Magma than they did, there wasn't a whole lot of build-up until the end when they actually made a mess of things.

What I meant about Team Rocket not being a flat-out threat was they were operating on a much smaller scale compared to the others, they weren't out to destroy the world or build an army of heartless battle machines, so they weren't a threat to mankind as a whole. Thats why I said they're like the mob (who obviously, can be very dangerous).

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

As an 'occasional' Pokemon player and 3DS owner, a 3DS version feels two releases overdue - not that B&W 1 & 2 were bad by any stretch of the imagination but I would have rather spent the extraordinary amount of time playing using the features that I bought the console for, particularly after seeing the Pokemon in the two 3d Pokedex... yes, purely selfish reasons. ;)

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I hope that it's a new mainstream game for 3DS that gets announced rather than some downloadable or event. I'm getting tired of replaying SoulSilver and I don't like the other games nearly as much, but just getting a spiffy buffed edition of the formula for the 3DS would probably spark my interest again.
Also, it would mean more StreetPasses because a lot more people would buy a 3DS

moisesmcardona

moisesmcardona said:

I hope it to be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire since the games came in 2003 and we are in 2013. 10th anniversary anyone?

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

For that matter, when the next mainline titles will be released, what will be the contrasting colors/versions, since they already ran out of ideas enough so to use the obvious "Black and White"?

Earth and Sky? Ancient and Future? Yin and Yang? ...Heaven and Hell?

Well, Nintendo would consult this guy for that last one...

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Dream: Pokemon Snap U.
Pokemon Snap was a genius concept and just deep enough to be a solid game, but take that concept to another level with modern visuals and the GamePad and other players to run around and rustle up some pocket monsters and you've got an amazing potential.

Sadly, it's probably not in the cards. My only hope is that it is SO obviously a great use of the Wii U that it would be hard not to consider it at least.