River City Ransom Sequel Punching Its Way To Japanese 3DS eShop This Month

Posted by Damien McFerran

Villain Riku becomes the hero

The WiiWare sequel may be on hold, but that doesn't mean that 3DS gamers won't get their fix of River City Ransom in 2012.

Arc System Works is launching a spin-off title for the Japanese 3DS eShop called Riki Densetsu. As the title suggests ("Densetsu" means "Legend" in Japanese), the game will focus on series antagonist Riku.

The game lauches on 12th December in Japan, and there's no word on a western release at the moment.

[via polygon.com]

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

And Japan gets yet another title that will probably never see the light of day outside the Land of the Rising Sun.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Arc System is making a River City spin off ? Sweet :D Then we can hope for some mighty fine sprite work.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its interesting how much Japanese we pick up due to videogames.

I'm sure many old-school gamers know what 'Seiken Densetsu" means in engish.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Oh I hope this makes its way to NA. RCR is one of my favorite NES games along with the others in the series (Super Dodge Ball, Nintendo World Cup, Crash N the Boys). I was disappointed when I heard the Wiiware version was cancelled. Make this happen please.

Azikira

Azikira said:

River City Ransom was one of my favorite old school games. I NEED this in my life. Q_Q

OnionOverlord

OnionOverlord said:

"Densetsu", like most japanese words, has a variety of different meanings but the most commonly used is "Legend".

Not to be a downer, but the chances of this coming to the States (or Europe) aren't good. Looking at the previous Kunio-Kun and Nekketsu series track records, most of these games usually end up staying in Japan.