Nintendo Vs. Zombies: 28-Bits Later Mixes Metroid, Mario And ZombiU

Posted by Damien McFerran

All set to a obligatory dubstep soundtrack

To create hype for the launch of the Wii U, Nintendo issued consoles to a select group of movie-making fans and gave them 10 days to create a short film to promote the system.

YouTube movie making group mikeNgary Films were lucky enough to receive a console and came up with Nintendo Vs. Zombies: 28-Bits Later, a short movie showing what happens when the world of Nintendo collides with flesh-eating zombies and headache-inducing dubstep.

You can watch the full video below. How many Nintendo references can you spot?

[via youtube.com]

mudjo

mudjo said:

I almost fainted when I saw everyone's hero, Waluigi, being attacked by zombies.

The loss would have been to great.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

I'm pretty sure that if Link can take on an army and defeat it in around 5 minutes, Link could handle these guys without a problem.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

Ness was definitely the best part of this. The fact that he implemented him taking food out of a trash can was instant win

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

I enjoyed it, but it's so hard to watch bad fight choreography. At least shoot from an angle that lets the people swinging things swing without slowing their hand down as it approaches the target. So much work went into this and there are many clever ideas, but haven't you guys ever watched the behind the scenes extras on DVDs or anything? :P

Also, zombie Luigi just makes me sad. :(

I don't want to diss too much though, because stuff like this is VERY hard to pull off without real funding. Plus, the fireball was nice. :)

gefflt

gefflt said:

Hahaha, the best part is definitely when Ness whacks the zombie in the trash can. XD

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

This funny and great. Did anyone else see ash running when ness showed up? Also did anyone find R.O.B.?

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

That bit with Ness was definitely the best part.

Apparently zombies really like Waluigi, but I wonder what makes him immune to the virus.

Void

Void said:

@Zombie_Barioth He's just awesome like that, don't agree?
Untitled
I would probably say this is average, but in just 10 days?
Thats pretty impressive.

time

time said:

Something like this isn't hard to make..... that being said, pretty mediocre/not great or funny or interesting