Nintendo Direct: Watch The European Presentation Live

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Find out what's in store for European gamers in 2013

Following on from this morning's Japanese presentation and running alongside the North American event, Europe's Nintendo Direct is taking place at 5PM UK time.

On the agenda are Wii U and 3DS titles for the remainder of 2012 and early 2013.

As always, we'll be providing comments as the event unfolds, and you can watch it live on this very page.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

17:50

That's it. We'll write some of this up, but there wasn't a HUGE announcement, really.

17:44

Fire Emblem: Awakening arrives in Europe during April 2013, no solid date.

17:44

Happy Gaming!

17:44

SpotPass will distribute maps and characters, which is nice.

17:43

Fire Emblem: Awakening, at last!

17:43

Wario 3 is added to tomorrow's update on 3DS eShop, Virtual Console goodness.

17:42

Hydroventure: Fluidity Cycle arrives in Europe next week, 13th December.

17:42

That weird queuing game, Tokyo Crash Mobs, hits 3DS eShop on 17th January.

17:41

Small puzzles evolve into larger ones in Picross, looks interesting.

17:41

Picross E2 on the way to 3DS eShop in January.

17:40

Harmoknight is looking sweet, though doesn't arrive in Europe until March 2013.

17:39

Harmoknight, oh yes!

17:39

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate still slated for March 2013.

17:38

Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training Arrives on 3DS in Europe on 8th March.

17:36

Now we're seeing the new "devilish" brain training, release date incoming?

17:35

Two New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush Packs Available Now.

17:35

Luigi's Mansion spooking onto 3DS in Europe in March 2013.

17:31

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gold Classics Pack is free for a time, but we already knew that...

17:29

Animal Crossing: New Leaf time! Oh, release falls to Q2 2013.

17:28

Ant - The StreetView stuff looks pretty cool, impressed.

17:27

As confirmed in Japan, Google Maps on the way elsewhere.

17:26

Wii U Panorama View Arrives in European eShop in Spring 2013, free previews coming.

17:25

Still March 2013 for Monster Hunter Ultimate on Wii U and 3DS.

17:24

It's Monster Hunter, with lots of HD monsters, 3D video coming to 3DS eShop.

17:23

Pikmin has fallen out of the fall window, which is a pity.

17:22

Still a vague Q2 2013 release date for Pikmin 3, looks rather nice though.

17:20

It's Pikmin 3, so everyone can calm down now.

17:19

Zen Pinball is out this month, by the way. HYPE HYPE!

17:18

Zen Pinball 2 is Coming to European Wii U eShop, lots of tables to buy.

17:17

SiNG Party hits Europe on 18th January, and Satoru Shibata likes to sing, clearly.

17:16

Satoru Shibata was singing Call me Maybe in SiNG Party. Pop stardom doesn't await, but credit for being game!

17:15

Scribblenauts Unlimited arrives in Europe on 8th February.

17:14

Scribblenauts Unlimited now on show with a Zelda theme. Release date please.

17:10

Various launch games on show. All very five days ago.

17:08

It's a video run-down of some current games, so we can all relax a little.

17:06

"More SEGA than is legally allowed", which is a lot of SEGA.

17:05

Sonic Racing time, it's a special video to enjoy. So... enjoy!

17:04

Early 2013 for LEGO City Undercover, published by Nintendo in Europe.

17:03

Apparently, it's "hilarious"! Looks really nice.

17:03

Lots of costumes and skills, familiar to LEGO game veterans.

17:02

First up is Lego City Undercover, and we see a GamePad scanning function.

16:59

The EU broadcast will apparently be an 18. Sorry kids!

16:56

We're curious to see what the 3DS and Wii U mystery system updates did, apart from rather dull "performance improvements". Nintendo Network ID integration, perhaps?

16:55

5 minutes, we're looking for some drums to roll.

16:45

15 minutes until we all play "spot the Shibata Goomba"

16:32

Will we be lucky enough to see a LEGO Reggie?

16:29

Ant - I'm excited!

16:20

40 minutes before the European Nintendo Direct starts; it's wild prediction time.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Something with Dragon Quest in it. Whether it be the localisation of the three games Japan has for the 3DS or VC games - just give us something Squeenix! >:3

Eldir

Eldir said:

I wish EU had an awesome guy like Reggie or Iwata.

Satoru is boring.

IsawYoshi

IsawYoshi said:

Bravely default trailer, fire emblem and animal rossing release date, monster hunter 3 ultimate footage, e-shop games and some others are my guess. And a bit of tvii.

Xilef

Xilef said:

@Eldir Really? I like him. He has a calm and cool fell over him.

Anyway, hoping for some more info on The Wonderful 101 and maybe a Wii U eShop game from Nintendo. And a answer to those damn fruits...

Phle

Phle said:

@Eldir agreed. Or maybe they should send him to a "learn to speak so people would understand" camp. That could actually help. His english is so depressing that I always put him on mute...

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Instead of a fruit, Shibata holds up his giant Goomba. Make it happen Nintendo

Bluezealand

Bluezealand said:

@Phle Wow, that's disrespectful. Have you any idea, how hard it is for a Japanese to learn english? Apparently not. Maybe you should try to learn Japanese to get a clue.

MrArcade

MrArcade said:

I want something Zelda related for 3DS. Although that may be hoping for too much.

Phle

Phle said:

Well, I hope for Kingdom Hearts news, Wii U or 3DS.

@Bluezealand I know it's difficult, I didn't mean that he isn't skilled at his job, but I have to say that my soul hurts when he opens his mouth, maybe it's just me. Other than his language, I really have no complaints about him.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

I like Satoru and I think he does well with his English. He will get more fluent as the months go by.

Kifa

Kifa said:

Stream unwatchable for me - I'm only seeing random frame every few seconds, no sound. I guess I'll have to pass and wait for the summary...

seronja

seronja said:

what did he mean by the ninja gaiden in january 11th? i got it and i live in europe

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

omfg no stream is working okay. no matter hwat side country or whatever i choose

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

Lego City looks incredible. Everything else so far.. not so much. The Wii U needs more than just games that have been out for years on other platforms.

edhe

edhe said:

Regarding Scribblenauts and Nintendo publishing it in Europe, I bet Warner Interactive dropped support for it and left it to Nintendo to pick up the pieces for Europe.

Nibelilt

Nibelilt said:

"17:15
Scribblenauts Unlimited arrives in Europe on 8th February.
"
Yeouch! It was a launch in Oceania! What's with the delay?
I really want to watch this, but my iPod's not ready. :'(

Folkloner

Folkloner said:

Sucks that the two games I want most (MH:Tri G & AC New Leaf) are the furthest away from release. I know i'm just bitter but Mario never seems to get delayed does he.

edhe

edhe said:

"Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay Focused"
Oh, Nintendo Europe and their convoluted localised game names.

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

March 2013 seems like a popular month. It's also going to be incredibly expensive from the looks of it!

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I'm starting to think both nintendo of america & europe just like to drive there fan's stir crazy lol. They said before early 2013 for animal crossing 3ds now fall of 2013. & March 2013 for luigi's mansion 3ds in europe they just put spring 2013 for america.

I don't think I've ever had to wait this long for any game. All I can say is animal crossing & luigi's mansion for 3ds better be good for this long of a wait. :(

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest 7

There seemed to be a very shocking lack of release dates, or even confirmation of these games coming to Europe. I'll go back to waiting for Animal Crossing then. :(

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

tokyo crash mobs lmao

picross e2 looks cool, but i just bought picross ds for 5€

BenAV

BenAV said:

That was a pretty disappointing presentation.
A few release dates and the inevitable confirmation of HarmoKnight, but that's it.
Oh well...

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

fire emblem: awakening yay!

yet where was bayonetta 2? i was expecting some footage and details on it.

Xilef

Xilef said:

A little disappointed, was hoping for some The Wonderful 101 fotage. At least we got some release dates/months and confirmation about Harmoknight.

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

So when Reggie said they hadn't revealed all the launch titles they meant Zen Pinball 2?Or was that already revealed?I had high hopes for a couple of surprises today.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I guess I expected too much since that wasn't as suprising as I wanted it to be :( Oh well back to Metroid Prime 3 :p

Edit: I'm excited for Tokyo Crash Mobs & HarmoKnight, those seem like great fun to me :D Also Google Maps & Panorama View seem really awesome to me too, I may even buy a Wii U to experience those two.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

To coin a song phrase - You can't always get what you want!
Another six month wait for Animal Crossing - Boo Hoo....

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

@Xilef I know but I would of thought if they had a big title to reveal now would have been the perfect time to do it,what with Xmas being so close.Who knows maybe they have another Direct planned for before then?

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Animal Crossing will be released within January - June quarters of that year.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Thomas - I really wish you could have worked this magic for Pikmin 3:

17:15
Scribblenauts Unlimited arrives in Europe on 8th February.
17:14
Scribblenauts Unlimited now on show with a Zelda theme. Release date please.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

I completely forgot that the Wii U hadn't come out in Japan yet its weird as i'm so used to Japan having everything before the U.K and the U.S.
I wonder how well it will sell in Japan

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

YES!!! Zen PInball coming this month, thats excellent news. And the basic game is a free download, very nice!

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Damn it I thought Nintendo was gonna announce when Cave Story was gonna be out, it's supposed to be out this month!

Cesco

Cesco said:

@RetroGBHippie92 Good luck. Since last july I'm still waiting for Petit Computer on the DSi shop and there are still no hints at a possible release date