Mario Comes To Life In Bead-Based Stop-Motion Animation

Posted by Damien McFerran

Bead me up, Scotty

Clearly bead art is a bigger deal than we thought. First we had an amazing tribute to Chrono Trigger in bead form, and how we have this awesome stop-motion Super Mario animation, constructed using - you guessed it - beads.

The work of Swedish siblings Marcus and Hannes Knutsson, it follows on from their previous efforts, Super Mario Beads and Super Mario Beads 2.

You can watch a behind-the-scenes feature here, too. It's in Swedish but has English subtitles.

[via youtube.com, gonintendo.com]

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

This was just EPIC and very original, my little sister makes those beads and I do stop motion, maybe we should attempt something like this one day.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

New art style for the next 2D mario platformer? This combination of sprites and real world backgrounds might actually work :D

Megajack

Megajack said:

That was very cool. :) Loved the MarioKart track made out of retro games though. :D

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Fantastic. I'd recommend watching the behind-the-scenes interview as well, a lot of effort went into the shooting (trudging through rain, dead badgers and spiders for one).

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

This was Awesome. Super mario world is like my favorite video game ever. It was like the coolest thing i've seen in the past 5 minutes.

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

This was both funny and epic i loved when the car crashes and they go flying and mario throws super mario world at bowser and kills him.

Emaan

Emaan said:

That was incredible. The makers should be very proud, that takes a lot of time and talent. I love when fan-made videos like this are created, it makes Mario more than just a video game. :)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I watched all 3 and they were fantastic and very impressive. They also had a great sense of humour. I also really liked the Mario kart course made out of different Nintendo games.