Latest New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Challenge Packs Confirmed For Europe And North America

Posted by Andy Green

Available to download right now!

This morning it was announced that Japan would be getting two new downloadable challenge packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2, and during Nintendo Direct it was confirmed that Europe and North America can also join in on the fun immediately.

This third set of DLC contains two packs, both designed especially for Coin Rush mode. The first is known as #7 Coin Challenge Pack C, which is a three-star difficulty, and the second is #8 Platform Panic Pack, which has a four-star difficulty rating.

In the Coin Challenge Pack you must navigate through various different settings and routes, picking up plenty of power ups including the Mega Mushroom, as you aim to nab 10,000 coins. As the name suggests, Platform Panic Pack sees you attempt to get through the levels on various moving objects such as ghost platforms and the familiar snaking blocks; 15,000 is the target in this one.

These two new packs are available in the 3DS eShop right now for you to get stuck into. The Gold Classic Pack is also still available to download for free for a limited time, so if you haven't done so yet you may want to hop on that!

Will you be downloading the new packs?

Nardar

Nardar said:

Just played them. Love the C pack but the Platform Panic Pack is ok.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

I dont want coin rush levels...I want normal levels instead :(

(or a level editor. That would be awesome)

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Error in the article "These two new packs are available in the 3DS eShop right now" the packs are actually on the in game store.

idork99

idork99 said:

I wonder how many more packs will be made? As of now, There are eight packs (1 through 3 on 10/4, 4 & 5 on 10/25, number 6 for free on 11/27, and 7 & 8 today). If all packs are purchased, your DLC total for this game would be $17.50 in North America. Besides the free one, I've yet to download any other packs. Perhaps when they stop supporting DLC for this game and depending how many packs are made by then, I'd love for Nintendo to offer a special deal where one can obtain all the DLC for a discounted price. Because as of now, I don't see the point of paying $17.50 for an additional 21 stages I don't have. Am I alone on this one? : /

SMW

SMW said:

I still need to get this game. Glad its still getting more DLC.