Introductory Video Emerges For Fire Emblem: Awakening

Posted by Andy Green

More details on characters, relationships and tactics

During the latest Nintendo Direct the hotly anticipated 3DS strategy RPG Fire Emblem: Awakening was finally given a release date. The game arrives in North America on 4th February and will land in Europe at some point in April.

Some people may be unfamiliar with the Fire Emblem series, so to give a little introduction to the upcoming game Nintendo has released a short video exploring the different characters, their bonds with one another and the tactics you can use on the battlefield.

The video takes a look at the main characters such as Chrom, Lissa and Sully, and then looks at ways in which you can build upon their relationships. This can be done at the base-camp in cutscenes and also in the heat of battle by positioning certain characters near each other. This builds upon their relationships, meaning your characters become stronger when near each other resulting in some devastating attacks. We saw this element in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, but it appears to have been refined more in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Check out the introductory video to Fire Emblem: Awakening below and let us know your thoughts.

[via youtube.com]

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Dang, can't watch it on my 3DS... Well I can always try the Wii since my computer is down at the moment.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Awesome, I'm pre-ordering this right now. I love a new Fire Emblem especially if it has Marth in it as a legend character.

Leandro

Leandro said:

This is a must-have title! I hope this FE becomes the most succesful ever in the sereis.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

The first must have title of the new year and it might be 3ds game of the year! Yep it looks that good!!

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I checked and they put the website up! Ive already preordered from gamestop.

Adam

Adam said:

I can't wait to acquire the legendary Neat Sword.

The art style is neat, and I am interested to see how pairing units will affect the game play. The story seems a little more interesting than normal with undead involved and Marth possibly returning. And yay, more videos and voice acting. The cut scenes in Ike's games were very well done but few and far between.

I haven't been following this, so I may be surprised and excited about stuff everyone else has known for awhile. I am just glad Fire Emblem is finally back. My Unit stands ready.

NGamerZero

NGamerZero said:

I have been waiting for this game for so long! Sadly, it will be my older brother's late Christmas present. :p

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

Wow looks awesome. I'm ashamed, as a JRPG lover, to say that I have never played a Fire Emblem game. I have always wanted to though. I have a 3DS but I'll be picking up an XL for this game. Hopefully they bring a Limited Edition XL model to NA :D

StefyG

StefyG said:

I'm so gonna get this for my birthday and Marth is actually DLC for the Japanese version so he could be in NA hopefully