Fire Emblem: Awakening Hitting North America 4th February 2013

Posted by Damien McFerran

Release date confirmed during Nintendo Direct

The highly-anticipated 3DS strategy RPG Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming to North America on 4th February, it has been revealed.

The all-important date was disclosed during today's North American Nintendo Direct presentation. During the video, great care was taken to explain the game's relationship system, which can significantly influence the outcome of battles. The European release will take place in April 2013, as was confirmed during the EU Nintendo Direct.

We've already gone hands-on with the Japanese version, so be sure to check out our Fire Emblem: Awakening first impressions.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

This is coming out even sooner than i expected. This is a very welcome suprise.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Much earlier then I thought it would come out. I was thinking July or august. Glad its much sooner! I hope there is some type of pre order bonus.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Funny how it was announced for the EU much earlier than NA, but it's going to end up coming out sooner in the States.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Not sure if I should pre-order, since it currently doesn't have a bonus, and it can only really go down in price so I might just wait on this one. Unless they're giving out DLC for free... are they????

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I don't think Japan got any of the dlc for free. So I highly doubt it will happen in the west.

Beta

Beta said:

@Tech101 Actually, they got the first DLC pack for free for a limited time (only through 1 month from release)

Azikira

Azikira said:

Looking forward to this, but my thirst for Fire Emblem is constantly quenched by The Sacred Stones~

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! All my dreams have come true!

At least all the ones I can remember at the moment.

Doma

Doma said:

Wish i hadn't bought a 3ds until this released. It's been a major disappointment so far.

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

If I were to choose one game to own in 2013 for my 3ds library it would be this one!!

Does anyone here know if you can battle online? That would be fantastic...

Emaan

Emaan said:

After all this time, we finally have a solid date. It's surreal. Thank you Reggie. :p

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Hope they have the Marth DLC for free for a limited time, Marth (and Roy) might have been the reason why I like Fire Emblem.................because there appearance in smash bros and stuff

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Will be picking this one up. Tried getting into the Wii game, but I think this game suits a portable system more.