Conker's Bad Fur Day Creator Could End Up Making Wii U eShop Games

Posted by Damien McFerran

"It definitely might have potential for the new controller"

Chris Seavor - the man behind Rare's infamous Conker's Bad Fur Day on the Nintendo 64 - has revealed in an interview with Not Enough Shaders that he's considering the possibility of developing for the Wii U eShop:

NES: Would you ever consider porting your game to Wii U, PS Vita, or 3DS to take advantage of their touchscreen and tilt capabilities?

Chris Seavor: "Yep… Tablet and Smart Phones only at the moment… Although looking at the Wii U (as one of my tweeters pointed out last week), it definitely might have potential for the new controller… But only on their indie shop (eShop) thing, and not for while if we do decide to look into it… I’d rather start something new…"

Seavor recently established Gory Details Ltd, which is developing the iOS game Parashoot Stan.

[via notenoughshaders.com]

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I was wondering why someone would name a gaming community "Not Enough Shaders". It made no sense until I saw the abbreviation, funny.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I'd really like all the guys from Rare's heyday that left the company to reband and start a new company. What would be even better than that is if it was a second party to Nintendo. Only then could we hope to see anything even close to the awesomeness of the original Rareware.

Lan

Lan said:

I started reading articles on that website last night, they have some very well-written stuff, and in their interviews they ask some really great questions, like in the Shin'en interview with @Manfred

Jonny

Jonny said:

I wonder how many people are going to misread the headline like I did and think for a brief second Conker would be gracing the Eshop with it's presence

Sun

Sun said:

All the good old people from the golden Rare are very welcome! They created awesome games and nothing compares to their job.

WaxxyOne

WaxxyOne said:

Conker's BFD in HD graphics and without any editing (unlike the 360 version) would be an instant buy for me.