Castlevania: Mirror of Fate's Boxart Comes With Lashings Of Belmont And Added Alucard

Posted by Damien McFerran

The gang's all here

Konami producer Dave Cox has revealed on this Twitter account the artwork that will adorn the cover of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. That's it there, just under these words.

The art showcases the four main characters of the game - Trevor Belmont and his son Simon, Gabriel Belmont/Dracula and everyone's favourite emo vamp, Alucard.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate launches in North America on March 5th 2013 and in Europe on the 8th of March.

So what do you think? Is the cover art epic enough for you?

[via twitter.com]

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I haven't played Castlevania or even know that much about it, but I have to say that box art looks pretty spectacular.

idork99

idork99 said:

Without a good game, the box art could be as sophisticated as the Mona Lisa painting and will not have any value to the player. If it ends up being a classic game, the box art will become epic.

Royspaceghost

Royspaceghost said:

Sexy men, sexy boxart, sexy game. I mean it has 3 friggin' Belmonts in the cover, if you count out Alucard because he probably is either Trevor or Simon.

ShadowDragon28

ShadowDragon28 said:

looks cool, but calling Alucard an "emo vamp" is really stupid IMO. Alucard is awesome and not "Emo", I think Damien has him somehow confused Alucard with Edward Cullen of "Twilight" sigh
I still wish Iga Kogarashi would make a new 2-D Castlevania for the 3DS...

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I'm waiting for it but I'm not holding my breath, I've got a bad feeling about it. I'd prefer a traditional one.

Let's see how it turns out.

Void

Void said:

@TheDreamingHawk & @Beta When did ESRB rate this? The original Lords of Shadow was rated 'M,' but last I checked (About a minute ago.) Mirror of Fate hasn't been rated, and I don't see it getting rated anything higher than 'T'.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Anyone old enough to remember box-art from back in the days when games had tomes for manuals (and more physical content thrown than you could poke a stick at) will remember the reality gap you had to bridge between the sweaty paladin and the fierce dragon on the box-art, and the 8x8 pixel - or 16x8 pixel - stick-figures in the game itself.

It's funny how those graphics never stopped you having fun ;)

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Does anyone know if this is gonna get a special release in europe kinda like symphony of the night for the ps1

Alesandro1UP

Alesandro1UP said:

@Royspaceghost Agreed ! This cover art is damn hot, I would probably marry it. Its going to be my first Castlevania game & hopefully one that's gonna get me hooked on the series.