Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Western Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Damien McFerran

Marching into your doom

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate producer Dave Cox has confirmed via his Twitter account that the game will launch in North America on 5th March 2013, with the European release coming a mere three days later (that's the 8th, in case you were wondering).

The gothic action adventure was pushed into 2013 when Konami revealed that it wanted to spend a bit more time making it as good as it could be.

March can't come soon enough in our opinion, so to make the wait somewhat less painful, why not check out our interview with Dave Cox as well as our first impressions from this year's Eurogamer Expo?

[via twitter.com]

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

think i might get this but i'm not preordering it because i have an XL so I can't use the case

bonham2

bonham2 said:

Why am I not excited about this? I love Castlevania and I loved the last console one as well...I think handhelds should continue getting 2D vanias while this sequel should be on Wii U.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Between this Fire Emblem and Etrain Odyssey I'm going to have a very busy month of gaming on my 3ds. Can't wait!!

hendie001

hendie001 said:

Can t wait for this game it will give me a reason to put down my wii u gamepad for a bit.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Cant wait for this game. I was hoping that it would have come out around this past Halloween time but oh well. Maybe I will pick it up and save it for next Halloween.

mamp

mamp said:

XD I'm at work and I saw the video without any sound LOL their body movement was so bad.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

At least I have my 3DS XL to fill the Wii U void until some new games are announced at E3 (hopefully).

Coming from a huge IGAvania fan, I can see some promise here, but I never liked that they shoehorned the Castlevania name into Lords of Shadow; only a slightly above average action game in my opinion, and nowhere near the quality of the series highest highs. Hopefully knowing this from inception will prove to make Mirror of Shadow more Castlevania-y, for lack of a better word, than that game.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Early next year is very busy for me, I will be playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Monster Hunter Ultimate, and Castlevania! :P