Bizarre Games Related Wedding Stories Emerge

Posted by Orla Madden

Simulation girlfriends and Zelda wedding rings ahoy!

Ah, love at first sight; the sun is always shining, the grass is always green, and the sky is always blue. This is exactly what one Japanese otaku felt for his virtual woman - Nene Anegasaki of the dating sim Love Plus on the Nintendo DS, to be precise. Over time, he met a real life woman and they decided to tie the knot, and on their wedding day a special reservation was given to the sim - the system with the game inside had its own seat at a table.

You read that right, but it wasn't for long. As the newly wed couple were cutting the cake, the wife had a surprise in store. She produced a large wooden mallet to demolish his digital woman; in an unexpected turn of events he went ahead and helped with the digital massacre, with a tear or two trickling down during this melancholic madness.

Moving on to a slightly lighter story with a happier tone, involving a Romanian Goldsmith called Zsolt Székely. Székely specialises in custom designs for rings, with one lucky couple getting the pictured set of wedding bands. As you can see there is a special engraving on the inside - 'It's Dangerous To Go Alone'.

This has brought a genuine tear to our eye. Til death do us part? No, off to save Hyrule together!

[via japandailypress.com, kotaku.com]

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Wait wasn't that the guy who went everywhere with her/it? Well I never saw it coming. Awesome rings.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

Wow. That's really... something. The wedding rings are really nice though. Interesting article.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

ha! go Anegasaki-san! probably the only way they'd be able to get rid of 'the other woman' in their new marriage :3

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

May she rest in pieces. The rings are nice, but girls these days want expensive diamond rings.

Otto-Soq

Otto-Soq said:

The Triforce rings are very nice! Me & my misses are going to marry as blue Slimes from Dragon Quest. :)

Holmfry

Holmfry said:

He was probably like "ha HA! She doesn't know the cartridge is still intact!"

..also, those rings are spectacular.

Doge

Doge said:

He should of put a recording, when he opened the box, it wodda been like, da da da DAAAA!

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Well there are plenty of fish in the sea. Like the new women in New Love Plus for the 3DS.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Yay nene died!
@HarmoKnight that is very offensive. Speaking like that of a real person. Regardless of how YOU feel towards women it's not nice to say you'd smash them with a mallet :( I don't do that to men just because they are trifling :(
I can only hope you didn't mean what you said :'(

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

@Shining-Void
I think you're thinking of the enagagement ring (diamond-y!), which is different than a wedding band. Wedding bands are more often just simple rings (typically gold).

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Ok, the fact that the guy fell in love with a virtual women like that is just wrong.

MAB

MAB said:

I don't know whats more disturbing the fact this dude loved a pile of pixels or his pink DS :)

AzureFashionist

AzureFashionist said:

This intrigued me enough to look into it and the stories of the man (Sal9000) marrying Nene and the smashed DS while similar might not be linked. Sal9000 has a red DS (original model) and the smashed DS story has no mention of a name. So while that other otaku may have gotten his DS smashed, Sal9000 seems to be still very much in love with Nene.

Still pretty funny though!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I think the first story would've been more interesting if the groom went insane over the murder he witnessed and some serious..stuff.. went down.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I guess this counts as one of the only times it's legal to kill the ex, unless he took out the cartridge when the wife wasn't looking.

As for the other couple, they will forever be Link (Rimshot).

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I remember hearing a story a year or two ago (not sure if it's actually this story or not) that a guy in Japan actually married his female sim counterpart. Talk about desperate...

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

He should of had the main theme play while they were walking down the isle like every zelda fan dreams of doing.

RR529

RR529 said:

I thought I had heard that first story before, but in the one I heard, the guy actually married his DS...

The second story is genuinely awesome, though. I wish them the best.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

the rings are amazing O_O but even i want those rings just to use for normal non weeding stuff

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

@Otaku I don't see what you're referring to, sir >:[ I am glad you changed your post, however, may this be a lesson to you to think before you post offensive comments :(

DePapier

DePapier said:

And I just found my wedding ring. :) Now off to find that Code-of-Princess-like wife. :D